Few Pictures From A Couple Of Wintry Walks.

sako751sg

Perfect weather for a bird or two and fine to see a wee bit of wintry weather.Only the dugs and me for the first time in a while and plenty of birds aboot.Covered around 1000 acres on Saturday and had 6 pheasants,1 frenchie,1 woodcock,1 mallard and a pigeon which was spot on.Pretty hard going and good to see plenty of woodcock although only one offered a shot.Most water is well frozen but the mallard came flighting off a reservoir i get around.

Blizzards here last night so went oot aboot 10ish this morning with snow dinging doon and very strong winds.Birds were thin on the ground,presumably taking cover but still managed 4 pheasants,1 snipe,1 pigeon and a hoodie.Very hard going with the drifting and the dugs were made to work.Nay long left in the season and hopefully the frost lets up a bit to get the water thawed and add a few ducks to the freezer.

js46_sna001.jpgjs46_sna002.jpgjs46_sna003.jpgjs46_sna005.jpgjs46_sna009.jpgjs46_sna011.jpgjs46_sna012.jpgjs46_sna014.jpgjs46_sna016.jpgjs46_sna017.jpgjs46_sna021.jpgjs46_sna023.jpgjs46_sna027.jpgjs46_sna049.jpgjs46_sna047.jpgjs46_sna043.jpgjs46_sna041.jpgjs46_sna040.jpgjs46_sna037.jpgjs46_sna035.jpgjs46_sna032.jpgjs46_sna031.jpgjs46_sna028.jpg

great pics mate ... thats some serious snow !!!

Ta fella.Have a good 8-10 inches in places now and nearly non stop today but getting wetter.

Brilliant pics as always , they certainly tell a story. 1 pic is worth a 1000 words :good:

Cheers fella.Like looking at a good picture myself and as you say means more than words.

Another set of cracking pictures mate :good: bet it was heavy going on the legs.

Ta fella.Ver hard going and a lot worse the da oot with the wee man.The dugs are fair shagged and have earned their keep for sure.

Great bag, I bet the game bag was heavy by the time you were finished. Love the black and white dogs.

Cheers fella.A fair weight right enough once a few birds are downed.

Nice photos and dogs.

Ta fella.

Brilliant as usual Dave, thats a bit of real shooters country you have up there. More than a sprinkling of snow too by the looks of things.

Blackpowder

Ta fella.Too much sna but its dissapearing noo luckily.

Top darts fella no long now till its all done! Roll on the bucks.

Cheers fella.Looking forward to the end and get a wee break.For sure roll on the bucks,been thinking aboot them lately with all the tracks so hopefully will get some better weather.You been getting oot with Butthead lately?

Ah the guid life :good: dae ye never work :lol: the season is near done so keep at it loon :good: :good: :good:

Very busy the noo Tam,working 18hr days when needed so making the most of the time off.Job has anither 2 weeks left so might stay off till the bucks come in if i can.

Great write up and photos as always Dave! The dogs are looking well mate! :good:

Ta Pete.Think ive been lucky with the wee dug as he seems a cracker,except for chewing everything that the missus leaves lying aboot.

Cracking pictures as all ways gaji good to see the dogs enjoying this weather

Ta fella,and i think most dugs like the white stuff.You been getting oot with Beavis much lately?He was mentioning the bucks will soon be in and canny wait.