Do you know or have met anyone very famous?

unapalomablanca

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nodded and said hello to Princess Anne, Nicki Lauda and Stirling Moss but spent about 25 minutes chatting to Jimi Hendrix in the late 60's on Cheltenham Railway station one late evening after he had done a gig at the Blue Moon in Chelt - I saw him there twice I think . He gave me and the 2 mates I was with our first "king size" cigarettes. Really nice bloke as I remember. had his autograph on my Blue Moon ticket for years but sadly it got lost at some point over the years.

As previously mentioned by someone - definitely the winning post!

His drummer, Mitch Mitchell, used to own a Jensen FF (the last MK1 car made so would be 1969) don't suppose you ever saw it?

J.

I've not met anyone famous myself but my mate met Wesley snipes in Florida years ago, apparantly he was walking down the street with his bodyguard when my mate stopped and said hello and asked for his autograph, Wesley whispered something to his bodyguard who proceeded to put his hand in my mates face and move him out of the way and they carried on walking,

I think some people forget that the fans put them where they are now.

Tell us more, please.

Never met anyone famous myself. But my brother got a picture with Jason Manford at one of his stand up shows.

My best mate's family were showjumpers and were very friendly with Mr Smith. In the collecting ring at the Great Yorkshire, i just shouted over to him to ask him to stand still for a photo. With a smile he uttered the immortal words.

Drank with Kim Wilde & Liberty X. Working for Sony, we always took the buyers away every Jan to somewhere warm and asked them to buy lots of our kit. Gala dinner night was always a good one, rumour went round it was a blonde singer with a name that started with K. We all thought Kylie but none of us were upset when Kim came on.... in leather trousers. Liberty X had only just been discovered and were so far up their own bums they sang a set them went back to their rooms. Kim and her bro mixed with us in the bar untill silly o'clock. At one point i did condiser mentioning that in my youth i had knocked one out whilst thinking of her but realised that this may have been career limiting.

Back in the 90s, helped the two ladies from "Birds of a feather" with their petrol cap but didn't realise it until after they had driven off.

Lastly, in the pub after beating last saturday, and who should walk in in but Kevin Keegan and his Mrs. Bearing in mind this pub was in the middle of nowhere on the far side of Skipton..

Met Butch Harmon the World Number 1 Golf Coach and Sky Golf Commentator twice last year when I tagged along with my pro who was getting lessons from him. He got us a free round if golf at Rio Secco while others were paying over $1000 for a fourball. He's a very funny guy and swears like a trooper.

My dad played with Seve Ballesteros in a pro-am and had drinks with Nick Faldo and Greg Norman.

He also met Prince Philip a few weeks before i was born when getting an award for doing CPR on someone and saving their life, hence why I'm called Philip. Thankfully he did that or I'd be called Raymond lol. (No offence to any Raymond's out there)

when i was a cabbie i drove...seve balisteros and john barnes ex liverpool which was funny as i threatened to kick his mate out if he didnt shut up

did a disco in the paddock of chester race course for phil the greek who arrived by helicopter

did an impromptu photo sess with dave courtney and carlton leach in newton abbott

worked with dan gold of london ink who is a total genital

met jodie marsh when she wanted to be a tattooist

and i am a big fan of evo,mm,tug,alexf,parapilot, scouser and many others who i have met and knock the pants off celebrity bottom lickers with too much money and very little talent

when i was a cabbie i drove...seve balisteros and john barnes ex liverpool which was funny as i threatened to kick his mate out if he didnt shut up

did a disco in the paddock of chester race course for phil the greek who arrived by helicopter

did an impromptu photo sess with dave courtney and carlton leach in newton abbott

worked with dan gold of london ink who is a total genital

met jodie marsh when she wanted to be a tattooist

and i am a big fan of evo,mm,tug,alexf,parapilot, scouser and many others who i have met and knock the pants off celebrity bottom lickers with too much money and very little talent

ah, arent u a sweety. :)

met quite a few.....

Snoop Dog

Gordon Ramsey

Most of the Emmerdale cast from a few years ago

Radio 1 team Chris Moyles and friends

Carol Voderman and the old host cant remember his name

John wilson the fisherman

Tim Westwood

Boy Better Known

Sammy P

The Monkey DJ

DJ EZ

Some bloke from Razorlight

Most of the England rugby squad a few years ago

All of the touring OZ rugby side a few years ago

They are the ones that stick out...

i have sat in a Jacuzzi with Sharon Davies

entered to go on gladiators back in 1993 and met 3 of the original gladiators and the bloke who said gladiators are you ready lol cant think of his name

colin

forgot i met hugh furnley bloke he was filming river cottage in lyme regis

GLADIATORS??? I thought there was a min height for that? Or did they do a dwarf version?

Ah ha or did you audition to be one of the little bollards they ran round??

Hahaha love you compo. Xx

I once met all the fit girls from hollyoaks on the way back from Ibiza. There was loads of kids having their pictures taken in the airport but as I was with an old girlfriend at the time I thought it best I didn't go over and make a **** of myself. To my surprise they were on our flight so as I went for a pee I had a quick picture with them.

Then just as I walked away from them some guy bumped into me, as I look up its only Roy cropper from corrie, he actually dressed like he does in corrie, god knows what he was doing in Ibiza

Paul McCartney. Elton John. Richard Branson. Kiki Dee and my hero Ronan O'Rahilly all on the same day way back in the 70s at or after a world radio and tv fare in London.even got my photo taken by the home office bods staking out mr O'Rahilly's flat just of the kings road happy days