Do you know or have met anyone very famous?

unapalomablanca

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used to have tim healey in the butchers i worked in as a kid,then years later,was a regular with his then wife denise welch in my dads taxi,when i worked for him as a driver,had a few days shooting with brendan healy,robson green sometimes comes in the shop i work in now and also a lot of footballers in the shop,mainly newcastle players,served hermione norris in morrisons,probably the nicest ones were brendan healy and alan shearer......oh and once had a few drinks with wet wet wet,at st james park.

Edited by rabbiter

Frank Bruno on the M6 after he'd crashed his Bentley into the central reservation. My mate salvaged his number plate. ;)

Alan Ford (Brick Top in Snatch) in The Abode Manchester. I was having a meal with HID "there's Brickhead!" I announced. She raised her eyebrows at my malaprop. He smiled & waved.

89D64CA1-7FBA-4F23-A3AC-F3175AB8D0FD-7263-00000A40F04BFCFA.jpg

Jimmy White in the toilet in a club in Magaluf. I was dressed as Hulk, my mate as Bananaman. Bananaman said, "I can't believe I'm stood here having a p*** next to Jimmy White" He replied, "I can't believe I'm stood having a **** next to Bananaman!" Then he paid for one of the ladies to dance for Bananaman. :good:

Edited by Logo

met a few through work and other things..some good some down right ignorant

one Ex F1 driver bought a hotel and golf coarse down here in Devon...... lets just say what an arrogant ****...

judi spires made me a coffee at radio devon..really nice person

cliff richards gave me a signed photo for a cousin who had just lost her husband..she was made up and he was a really nice guy to talk too.

and met prince charles when i was serving in the army

I have had the pleasure of meeting lots of famous people in my life, mainly through my past employment, unfortunately I have not always been able to get a pic. My pal charlie told me not to be bothered with them as he was the best of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlie2.jpeg

Edited by Blunderbust

I met Kyle, when I was on smtv live, the woman that played pauleen fowler, tony blackburn while working in a car park in Harley street, this might count but tired running ziqqy the **** that won big brother, in the works van. Also rupert merdock I did the some work in his house. Jimmy Carr arfter one of his gigs.

the queen, stopped the nolan sisters in ireland and searched the tour buss they were not impressed, trained with barry mcguigun when he was world champ and the chelsea team when jose mourinho was the boss, kevin keegan wot a *** wouldnt spit on him if he was on fire

Edited by bullet1747

the queen, stopped the nolan sisters in ireland and searched the tour buss they were not impressed, trained with barry mcguigun when he was world champ and the chelsea team when jose mourinho was the boss, kevin keegan wot a *** wouldnt spit on him if he was on fire

I remember stopping Barry McGuigun at Newton Hamilton, if I remember correctly his car number plate was BOXIT or something allong those lines. He is a very nice chap.

I remember stopping Barry McGuigun at Newton Hamilton, if I remember correctly his car number plate was BOXIT or something allong those lines. He is a very nice chap.

i stopped him a few times ,kilturk check point , clonaty bridge dont know how its spelt thats were he lived ,thats were we did sit ups and press ups with him he had body gaurds with him following in a range rover ,he sent my GF now wife a birthday wish wrote it and posted it for me top lad

I met Princess Anne.

Along with others we were given a list of instructions we had to follow. We had to sign that we agreed with the procedure.

We were told that she does not like to be called Maarm, but Mam, as on pram or jam, I signed the agreement, but added I like to be called Terry, as in Cherry or Merry. I received a note back stating that if I did not behave I would not be allowed to meet her.

As it happens I met her and she was really nice, she had done her homework relating to why she was meeting us (Doughnuts). Very proffessional.

My 17 year old son and his mates go up to Wembley stadium when ever there is anything on, (its only 20 mins from here on the train) football, concerts or whatever and hang around by the VIP entrance to get autographs and photos of whoever is going in and out. He has thousands, literally thousands. All sorts of celebs ( and a lot of has beens to be honest). Some are really nice and stop to talk, others are so far up their own backsides its quite laughable.Beckham has more bodyguards than the prime minister, he's seen both

The have extended it somewhat now to the stage doors of some of the London theatres now. He got his photo taken with Bryan Adams recently outside the stage door of the Albert Hall. got Jeremy Clarkson as well on the same night.

Its a good hobby for him, He has worked it all out for himself but when he goes to these events there are other people that he talks to and they tell him about other places to go. A lot of other people do it, its a bit like trainspotting. He could do a lot worse and we are pleased he's not doing anything worse although he did get stopped and searched at the Olympic Stadium by some obnoxious coppers who spoke to him and his mate really badly and deleted all his photos of the Spanish football team off his phone. Plonkers.

Edited by Vince Green

Quite afew famous people live in the area I live in,

Dion Dublin, lives in the town next to the village I live in always see him about,

Alex mcleish ex Aston villa manager lives around the corner from me,

Simon fowler ocean colour scene lead singer, drinks in the same pub as me,

Quinton Wilson, lived on the other side of the village but moved,

judy dench mother lives in the same village, judy comes regular but never seen her,

The care taker from Harry potter seen him around stratford afew times.

My wife and I both had jobs that brought us into contact with a variety of well-known people. One of the most surprisingly (to me) professional was Peter Andre. Various kids were being brought to meet him, having won local radio competitions. Before meeting each child, he was briefed by the PR person, enabling him to greet them by name and chat about where they lived and their interests. Chatting afterwards, he was absolutely clear that he owed it to these youngsters as without a fan base, he was just pub entertainer.

Nick

I also met Peter Andre a few years ago while working at a recycling site , had a chat with him , was a nice guy , stopped and had his photo taken with loads of people , any one who wanted to really .

Also met Chris Eubank at Heathrow airport a few years ago too , was a nice chap , not at all how he comes across on the TV .

Dave Courtney , a few times when he was filming in Portsmouth .

Lady Di , twice , once in N.I. And once during a freedom of the city march in Portsmouth .

Andy .