Pirate ship for son school

Highbird70

Dear all,

I am lauching a desperate appeal.....

I have put myself into it again....and this time , deeper than ever.

To cut the story short...

The primary school, where my son study, its always short of money...no surprise there, some months ago the Headteacher, came to greet me at the gates, Hello Mark how are you....John the farmer told me that you pretty helpfull and quite skilled....(you know what comes next), You have asked me why we don't have a push bike shed, its down to moneybut if I find someone that its willing to prepare the base in concrete, it will cut the costs of 50% circa.

Ok, I said, I will do it, so I did.

6 Months later...at the gate, Hello Mark...we need to build a garden area, but we neen, water supply and concrete base for the metal shed.....so I went to get an IBC tank, concreted a base in, tap for water... et voila'.

3weeks ago, Hello Mark....(here we go again)...I have a great project in mind, I thought that the little ones, would really enjoy the play area if we can buy a PIRATE SHIP.....my face dropped....Head Teacher knew that I worked in the naval wood building industry for years.

I asked how much would it cost to buy?.....£10k+ but we have only £3-4K,......you know what comes out from my mouth....ok I will start the planning and see if it can be done on that budget.

If any of you would kindly like to help me with the design...would be great, I do have some ideas, but I need help, calculating all materials and expence.

The ship will be 5-6 metres long, 2-2.40 high and 2.40 in depth...galeon shaped, with a slide from the top deck goind down to the rubberized tarmac, inside the ship. Main Mast...crows nest...and the usual galeon stuff.

do any of you know how to draw with a cad program?, so that we can calcuate and present a design?

Ty for all the help

Mark

I can use basic cad mate...or if you want to have a bash download google sketch up which is really good. By the sounds of it that is quite a project!

I am going to docs in a few minutes as I think I have a nasty stomach ulcer so I may have some time on my hands in between complaining how much my stomach hurts lol!

Anthony

I can use basic cad mate...or if you want to have a bash download google sketch up which is really good. By the sounds of it that is quite a project!

I am going to docs in a few minutes as I think I have a nasty stomach ulcer so I may have some time on my hands in between complaining how much my stomach hurts lol!

Anthony

Anthony....get some gaviscon...lol...you don't want to miss the 8 Feb day.....all dayer with cooking too.

Blimey Fella,

theres only one thing to do --- Change Schools :good:

Sorry I cant offer more practical help but I doff my cap in salute of your efforts.

Lol I like you thinking......unfortunally I said yes....I'm one of those old tradition stubborn mules...I have to do it...lol

Hi Mark, found this on net. It's in budget, order one take it around at the weekend and hey presto instant hero again :beer:

When you've done that pop round next week and do my house extension, budget £1.50

http://www.flightsof...ip Business.pdf

I will check it out....ty

£1.50.....its that to lay the first brick?????....lol

I think you can find plans for these on the internet.

My grandson sent me one some years ago as an idea for aChristmas present for me, in his words it will give you something to do grandad and me something to play on when i visit. Yes you are right he has gotten worse as he goets older (handlebar2) I wil contact my son and find out where the plans came from.

He is handlebar on the PW forum if you need advice.

Terry

Hi Mark..well done that man..

I guess a location/county would be helpful to know,

Jasper3,

Yep that would help...lol, I live in North Warwickshire.

I need help with the paperwork side of the project, I will try to get some other fathers involved from the school, but if you feel that you can help hands on, it would be even better.

I have already sorted out a site where we going to build the galeon, its in a farm, a mile away from the school.

Mark

I think you can find plans for these on the internet.

My grandson sent me one some years ago as an idea for aChristmas present for me, in his words it will give you something to do grandad and me something to play on when i visit. Yes you are right he has gotten worse as he goets older (handlebar2) I wil contact my son and find out where the plans came from.

He is handlebar on the PW forum if you need advice.

Terry

Really apreciated Terry

Ty

Gaviscon not touching it mate...I am hoping some prescription meds do and do not have to have an endoscopy or surgery :(

Don't wrap your head before its broken......

Lansoprazole will do the trick.....

I just had my endoscopy....get ready for a wild experience ....lol

Let me know how you do when out from Doc's

Mark

Get £500 together in folding.

Find a school / playground in a different County that has a pirate ship.

Locate one of those nice travelling gentlemen who drive those drop side trucks and who advertise landscaping services to a mobile phone.

..... job jobbed.

Lol Mungler...

I need to try to keep it legal...

PS do you have any good contacts?...lol

Is it just me wondering why a school needs a pirate ship?? Do you live in Somalia?

Fair play and good on you for helping out though. We do a couple of days a year at a school doing a lot of the ground maintenance work as, apparently, the caretaker no longer does that kind of work! He just wanders about with a big bunch of keys looking at stuff... The school don't have finances to pay anyone else so it's down to volunteers to keep the outside space usable.

You will need to be cautious with something that high-it will need safety bars to prevent children falling off as well as safety flooring-I would suggest that you get the "Ship" inspected by someone before you let kids on it-be very wary as you would not believe how parents can turn to legal action if little Timmy so much as steps on a nail.

Ever thought about one of the glassfibre pirate type ships ex theme parks etc , they are about, I used to work on some for fairground and theme parks .

When a ride becomes defunct through age or the rigorous health and safety issues they are sold on either for parts or often broken up .

You could be lucky and find a hull at least laying about that could be a good basic to start.