Driving peeves

pin

Coming home tonight (Docklands to Hertfordshire) I saw some of the most horrendous driving I have seen since the last time I drove on the m25 in the driving rain.

I have 20/20 vision, what devices have these clowns got fitted that allow them to see through the spray better than me? Have they also got cars which allow them to react, brake and stop in 5yds because the number of people tail-gating in those conditions is really worrying me.

I am a very good driver, I won't go into it but just believe me I am. I use speed when its appropriate for the weather conditions, the road suits it and there is no danger posed by my speed to other road users. However, these utter morons show no regard for anyone else on the road when they do these things.

When its biblical like it was tonight I leave a really good gap, I need to make sure I can get out of the way or stop if some ***** decides to stuff it in front of me. This idiot tonight was tailgating me, I was in lane 3 with about a 100yd gap between me and the car in front. In front of this was a precession of 30+ cars, ie nowhere for me to go, nowhere for captain ****** in the car behind to go. This gap he can see means he can get on someone else's **** and harass them, getting him home about 30 seconds faster.

I don't want to pull over, this is the M11 heading out of London at rush hour, I am moving significantly faster than lanes 1 and 2. A gap opens, captain daft behind me needs no invitation and dives into lane 2, undertakes me before I have had a chance to pull over and let the ***** get on with it. Then because he was too busy gesturing at me he's not noticed the traffic ahead slowing down, I've noticed and I have backed off. He ends up sideways across lane 2 and 3 trying to stop in time.

Its ***-ends like this we need off the road, not people doing 32 in a 30 zone in the middle of the countryside.

Grr, FUMING of Herts

It's not just you bud!

I get miffed when i see muppets who can't stick to one lane round a roundabout and drift over and nearly side swipe me :(

Also the BMW and Merc ****** who speed up Stamforham road near mine (a 40MPH stretch) at nearer 70 just to get 3 cars further forward to join the A1 :no:

In the past 10 years there have been so many pedestrian deaths on that stretch it beggars beleif.

Also Tail gaters who get so close i can smell their aftershave. I really wanna hammer on the brakes when that happens but i can't as it won't only be the **** behind who cops it but OTHER road users too :D

I think the lack of police presence on the roads has a lot to play in the situation. In Australia IF your caught tailgating it's an instant pull fine and i beleive points on your licence for being a douche bag.

It's time Cops intervene and pull people who drift dangerously between lanes on roundabouts and exit in the wrong lanes etc

Things like THAT and Tail gating the inapropriate use of speeds in rain and snow and other general poor or dangerous driving.

If caught you get a warning depending on severity that goes on the computer and IF caught doing the same again instant fine and penalty points.

For those who drive at ridiculous speeds in built up areas and generaly severe inconsideration for other road users should face a fine and possible BAN depending on the circumstances

There are too many idiots on the road who don't give a stuff about any other road users OR pedestrians.

It's time they raised the standards of driving in this country and courtesy should be taught in driving lessons

LG

Tailgaters are the scum of the earth I can not stand anyone who tailgates what ever the reason. Its dangerous and very very annoying. Anyone who is caught doing it should get a £200 fine on the spot. I have to put up with it every day always some sod just trying to cut 30 seconds of his journey at the expense of driving dangerously. I normally stick to the speed limits and see no reason why I should be bullied into going faster by these oxergen stealing *****. If someone does tailgate me I am more likely to slow down just to annoy them lol. I also have found that since I have a bigger car then the pervious one people tent to do it less to a bigger car. While if you have a smaller car people always seem to want to tailgate you even if you are going at a good speed.

Crow

it's a shame the tw*t din't end up under the trailer of a lorry really. If it was only his life he was risking, then it wouldn't bother me at all. The trouble is, it's normally someone else that gets hurt by these people. The ones that really bother me more than anything though, are the ones that get past you and then have one of these "child on board" signs in the back window. Really makes me fume that :(

people who pull out into a space which clearly isnt big enough, then brake, resulting in me going into them. i know its not my fault, the other geezer knows inside that its not my fault, yet the law says otherwise and i get lumped with a 500 quid excess :( meaning that i cant go shooting for a good, long while. :no:

Badly adjusted headlights, when dipped shine into your eyes...

Those new cars which seem to have come without indicators...

People who stop on dangerous bends, wave you on when they can't see what's coming and you know it too...

Tailgaters...

Taking up two spaces for no good reason...

Excessively slow drivers on narrow roads hereabouts...

Anyone who drives against their proper traffic light or beep & gesticulate behind me trying to get me to do the same!...

I don't get mad about any of that, there's no point and it won't achieve anything really.

There are millions of things that annoy me when driving.

• No indication
  • Tail gating
  • Inappropriate use of slow driving
  • Drifting from lane to lane on round abouts instead of going round it
  • People who have road rage
  • 4x4s (people who dont use them properly)
  • People who flash you to pull out and dont stop
  • Loud exhausts
  • Cutting corners at junctions!!! Does my head in.

But the police arent interested unless your going over the speed limit.

I get peeved when slow cars in front tailgate my bonnet. :( If I'm in a hurry and the car in front is hogging the outside lane when there is a large gap between him and the vehicle in front, I usually flash my lights and if no response then I tailgate him to scare him out the way. In extreme circumstances I will even pass him on the inside in order to save 30 seconds off my trip, then another 30 seconds with the next car and the next etc. If every motorist kept left except when overtaking we would not have this problem. :no:

I have no patience.

Bad lane discipline and general **** driving.

Oh yes, P reg shagged Corolla, no tax and no MOT, 52 mph in the outside lane of a clear motorway, looking the wrong way out of the window and on the phone..... you would have thought they might have translated the Highway Code into more languages to promote better driving :(

There are millions of things that annoy me when driving.
  • No indication
  • Tail gating
  • Inappropriate use of slow driving
  • Drifting from lane to lane on round abouts instead of going round it
  • People who have road rage
  • 4x4s (people who dont use them properly)
  • People who flash you to pull out and dont stop
  • Loud exhausts
  • Cutting corners at junctions!!! Does my head in.

But the police arent interested unless your going over the speed limit.

Actually when someone flashes you the highway code states who ever flashes you in essence is letting you know they are there NOT necessarily letting you out :(

It's up to you to read the situation and come to your own conclusion.

Never take it for granted they are letting you out wait till you see them either create a large space for you to pull into OR till they slow or stop before merging with the traffic

LG

Driving all across the country as I have to do with my job, i have to say that the M11 is quite good really, compare that to the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, and its a giant runway. All the above incidents and more happen on that stretch of the A14, something to do with all those speed cameras that everybody speeds up and slows down for in rapid succession.

The A406 North circular is a nightmare from Walthamstow through to Hanger lane with Muppets swapping lanes continuously and still never getting more than two cars in front of me by the time I get to Park Royal.

The A12 from Ipswich down to Chelmsford just as bad, and in the rain tonight well there was one or two idiots, but the majority were very good and held back from the car in front.

For good fun though try the M42 near Birmingham Airport, jesus makes the M25 look like a wide open space.

The ultimate most annoying thing to me has to be the people who do 40mph in a national speed limit which is up to 60mph (ok that’s their choice) but they then reach a 30mph zone and continue to do 40mph!!!!!

‘I know what speed im comfortable at’ :( :no::D

Why cant people just do 60mph in a national and then 30mph in a 30mph zone – that would probably stop tailgating!

women drivers taking up 50% of the roads and 90% of the parking spaces :(

Don't start me on that :D

That Sheilas wheel advert is SOOOOO anoying :no:

How do Women make the safest drivers when nearly ALL accidents I Have been involved in were fault of a Woman?

Also in the advert they let a DOG drive for heavens sake AND at the end watch when they lean back over the seat NON of them are steering and they are going in reverse at about 30MPH :D

LG

No indication, Mobile phone users, Middle lane hoggers..............

The list is endless and most of it has already been covered.

Oh and if someone undertakes you and knocks you off the road go and jump on his bonnet and kick his windscreen in! Works for me. That way when the police attend they can ignore complely the accident and consentrate on the "criminal damage". Much easier to clear up and no lengthy paperwork to eat into coffee and do-nut time!

This will entail a seven month wait in which time you make a complaint to the police who just by magic conjure up a witness who reported the accident and backs up my side of the story. Ofcourse it was too much to ask to be notified of this witness seven months ago.

I admitted the bonnet affair immediatly and was punished fairly. This part I have no problem with at all by the way.

Half police try and the other half are useless spineless tossers who cannot give a damn and are no more use to this society than the dog ***** I see in the road. I wouldn't trust them to teach cycling in the school playground. Bring back DECENT coppers. Not these politically correct parasites.

THEN THE ROADS MIGHT BE SAFER FOR EVERYONE.

The ultimate most annoying thing to me has to be the people who do 40mph in a national speed limit which is up to 60mph (ok that’s their choice) but they then reach a 30mph zone and continue to do 40mph!!!!!

‘I know what speed im comfortable at’ :no::D:D

Why cant people just do 60mph in a national and then 30mph in a 30mph zone – that would probably stop tailgating!

National Speed Limit can be up to 70mph if on a Dual carriage Road, so if your doing 60mph when I come round the corner don't be surprised if I honk the horn for you to get out the way. :good::yes:

Joking apart, things that tick me off are:

Drivers who can not keep left, even though a lane is empty.

That bloke who just has to be infront of you.

Women who think its ok to talk on ther phone whilst putting thier lippy on.

People who can't use roundabouts.

That lazy taxi driver that just won't let in.

Discourteous drivers, full stop.

BMW Drivers in general.

Drivers who insist on looking at the accident.

Drivers who speed up and slow down, continuously.

Drivers who tailgate then overtake very slowly.

Drivers who tailgate then slow down once you pull back out.

Unrealistic speed limits.

Speed Cameras ((including variable and average)no officer of course its not entrapment!))

Mobile NPR vans (Number Plate recognition)

Conjestion Charging

Empty Bus Lanes

Drivers who stop on a yellow cross box.

Ever increasing one-way systems.

Road Cones.

Miles of Road works with just one van and two guys eating a cheese & pickle sarny at the end of it.

Drivers who think its you that should be paying to use thier road.

Toll Booths

Foreign Lorries that do not contribute for destroying our roads and making our conjestion worse.

And finally the M25!

I think that just about covers it. :(

Black cabs/white vans in central London that very helpfully close up the gap in the traffic to stop you filtering through on your bike. :(

Pedestrians walking out in front of you.

Bus drivers cutting you up.

Deer on the A12 and Margaretting Road, (had so many near misses :D ).

The inhabitants of Tower Hamlets, driving goes from poor to diabolical as you pass through from Whitechapel to Bow :D

But most of the time I sail serenely through, laughing to myself as all the car drivers fume at the congestion and the fact that they have to pay to sit in it :no:

P.

I cycle to work through central London every day. Most of what's been covered above related to out-of-town/motorway driving. However untill you've lived in London you don't know what bad driving is.....

Pedro, above, mentioned the inhabitants of Tower Hamlets. That's an atrocious stretch of road, but it's still nothing on the West End. I've lost count of the amount of conflicts I have had with London drivers, both when I'm on my trusty steed or in my car. Aside from the usual BMW/Merc/black cab/bus-driving cretins, I also detest red light-jumping cyclists in London. They all need a shoeing.

Now i dont drive a car, but hate people that stop for no reason what so ever, like women stopping holding traffic up becouse theres a pigeon in the road :(

was at sainsburys car park the other day, some thick women decides to stop and wait for a feral pigeon to walk infront of her car, she broke so hard nerely cousing a crash and holding cars up behind her becouse of a pigeon !!!!!