Beretta vs Caesar Guerini

Alex1Nat2

I'd rather have a Guerini over a Beretta any day of the week. But that's not knocking Beretta just personal choice based on personal experience.

Pick up a Maxum and look at the wood to metal finish and the hand finishing. You can't knock it. It's a quality product and just because it hasnt got dt10 or 687 inscribed in it doesn't make it ****!

Edited by Dibs

Sorry you are correct, it should have said William Evans, shotguns, not William Powell.

(Its an age thing :lol: )

I don't think it can be an age thing as i do it more often than most! Severe damage to the head at birth perhaps!

Either way, it says a lot that either of these two companies are allowing the likes of guerini or rizzini to make their guns, If I'm honest i don't think you could get a nicer gun for the money than something like a Rizzini round body EL or a top of the range caesar. At the end of the day if you like a gun, buy it!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply's!!!

Always good to have a 'variety'.

The obvious answer to the Guerini residual value issue is too look for one second hand I suppose but they are new so not many around.

I have noticed they are having a demo day at Cambridge at the beginning of June so plan to go & have a proper round of clays just to make

sure my efforts at the Midland weren't just luck on the day.

I plan to take my normal 687 sporter to do some on the spot comparisons & see how I get on.

Thanks for all the advice.

Steve

I have owned Beretta and Guerini - both were excellent guns. Guerini seemed to offer more gun for the money, but since prices have risen - that advantage has disappeared.

Guerini need to realise that they need to establish a reputation for longevity and resale value, before they jack up the prices.

Seems I have had the "ideal gun" and got rid of it?IE a EELL I shot well with it,but it was a game gun and I wanted a sporter so made a decision and went for a browning, I hated it could not shoot with it got rid of it, got a 682 gold e shot ok but everyone had one and it was a bland looking gun, got rid,looked at and tried a summit impact and bought one, I do not regret it at all, I like it very much indeed, I am not worried about claims it will fall to bits as its got a warranty has it not, and also not bothered about claims it will not hold value, as I will NOT be selling it simple as, lovely looking and handling gun that in truth is capable of shooting far better than I can

KW

Edited by kdubya

Seems I have had the "ideal gun" and got rid of it?IE a EELL I shot well with it,but it was a game gun and I wanted a sporter so made a decision and went for a browning, I hated it could not shoot with it got rid of it, got a 682 gold e shot ok but everyone had one and it was a bland looking gun, got rid,looked at and tried a summit impact and bought one, I do not regret it at all, I like it very much indeed, I am not worried about claims it will fall to bits as its got a warranty has it not, and also not bothered about claims it will not hold value, as I will NOT be selling it simple as, lovely looking and handling gun that in truth is capable of shooting far better than I can

KW

So you'll be going back to a Beretta shortly then,a nice new 692. When the Guerini disintergrates and its worth nowt :lol::whistling:

You do shoot the impact well KD,I'll be up the club Sunday with my superior engineered Beretta.

Figgy

William Powell shotguns are now made by Caesar Guerini. Does that not tell you something.

There is no doubting the craftsmenship and quality.

I'm not an expert by any means but I think it's William Evans who use rebadged Guerinis and William Powell use Zoli which apart from the alloy forend are a much better quality gun than Guerini. Sorry should have read an earlier reply, beg pardon!! Edited by skabo1

I'm not an expert by any means but I think it's William Evans who use rebadged Guerinis and William Powell use Zoli which apart from the alloy forend are a much better quality gun than Guerini. Sorry should have read an earlier reply, beg pardon!!

You are correct about William Evans. If you read further through the topic you will see that I corrected myself. But I think you will find that William Powell over and unders are made by Bautista Rizzini

Both made in Italy which is down the toilet!

Strong dollar and Euro. **** weak £

Why the **** can't we tool up and compete?

The English gun makers always pitched themselves at the highend, the stuff made in Birmingham was as good as it gets but for some reason it was looked down upon by the virtuoso of the best English SxS. Now we have Longthorne which looks like a superb bit of kit but it's pricey, no doubt worth every penny but I could never buy one and it's guys such as ourselves who will keep any given gun maker in business, good luck to them anyway.

• 1 month later...

Looking for some advice!

I should say from the start that when it comes to the Beretta vs Browning argument,I have always been in the Beretta camp.

I have a 'big' birthday coming up & have been promising myself for the last 3 years I would splash out & get myself a 687EELL. I've never wanted anything else.

Just when the piggy bank is starting to look like it might be worth starting to look around as I cant afford a new one, out of the blue I saw the new round action Guerini Evo Ellipse at Newark last year, tried it at the Midland Gamefair & hit everything I aimed at with it. I have been 'seduced' by this new vision.

I could get a new one for the price of a second hand Beretta.

Someone who has one please tell me they are rubbish so I can go back to dreaming about the EELL.

Thanks for any help.

what did you buy in the end? As have the same dilemma myself. Either 687 EELL / Maxum / Powell Phoenix

Cheers

J