What binoculars ?

Hi guys ! New to this forum ! Really enjoy reading all your posts learnt quite a bit from all you fellow pigeon shooters ! Thanks.just wondering what are a half decent pair of binoculars to buy for the job we do ? Don't want to go over the top money wise just want something that's going to do a good job and stand the test of time.cheers guys thanks again.

I have never spent over £30 on a pair of binoculars. If they are only to be used for glassing fields etc, then an expensive pair simply isn't necessary. I bought a pair of 16x50 from ebay a couple of weeks ago. They were like new and cost me £10 including postage. These will do all i need in the field.

£50-100

Opticron ,excellent value and quality -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-Opticron-Adventurer-WP-10x42-roof-prism-waterproof-binoculars-RRP-79-/140931556698?pt=UK_Photography_Binoculars_Monoculars&hash=item20d02ce55a

Loads of different options ,had mine about four years and very pleased with them .

Edited by welshwizard

got my bino's out of a local newspaper. sometimes get the odd secondhand pair on ebay. just had a look at new price they seem to have gone up a bit :/

still worth the money though in my opinion.

as for the disco yes mate i have had disco's for the past ten years or so. i am a gluten for punishment but i do love them :) i would have a defender but the d2 is a good family car to fit three kids in :rolleyes:

So where is a good place to look for s/h binos ? I see you are also a disco 2 boy I've also got a disco 2 es love it ! Lol

Hi guys ! New to this forum ! Really enjoy reading all your posts learnt quite a bit from all you fellow pigeon shooters ! Thanks.just wondering what are a half decent pair of binoculars to buy for the job we do ? Don't want to go over the top money wise just want something that's going to do a good job and stand the test of time.cheers guys thanks again.

I bought a pair of these a few years ago and they are perfect for scouting the land. Waterproof as well.

They were on a special when I got them at £20 delivered, but even at £35 I'd still recommend them.

A few people on the forum bought these and I haven't heard anything negative.

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-10x42-waterproof-fogproof-binoculars?backUrl=L2NhdGFsb2dzZWFyY2gvcmVzdWx0Lz9xPUJpbm9jdWxhcnM=

Cos

I bought a pair of these a few years ago and they are perfect for scouting the land. Waterproof as well.

They were on a special when I got them at £20 delivered, but even at £35 I'd still recommend them.

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-10x42-waterproof-fogproof-binoculars?backUrl=L2NhdGFsb2dzZWFyY2gvcmVzdWx0Lz9xPUJpbm9jdWxhcnM=

Cos

Cos

Yep, I've got these and they are fine for what I use them for.

Wouldn't have a problem recommending them.

I have never spent over £30 on a pair of binoculars. If they are only to be used for glassing fields etc, then an expensive pair simply isn't necessary. I bought a pair of 16x50 from ebay a couple of weeks ago. They were like new and cost me £10 including postage. These will do all i need in the field.

share a link if you would motty like to have a look at them :good:

I've just bought 2 sets to try from argos...Nikon action 7-15x35cf with zoom £100, and Celestron Upclose 10-30x50 with zoom £65. Both look good, and from my experience Nikon has very good lenses...and good build quality

Hoping to try them both over the next few days....I do like the zoom funtion....which opens up the applications of use....

Its like anything...look at the base model, and then the "what if's" start...and for only a bit more money I can have.....

I'd rather have quality, but (not saying their not) the £35 ones on the other post have interested me, especially if people have found there good.....

Take a look at the Hawke range of bino's before you make your final choice. I bought a pair of Nature Trek' ones for around £90. These are excellent and carry a 10 year warranty. I sold a pair of Kahles bino's, which retail at over £700, because they did not get the use that they deserved, and needed another 'cheaper' pair to replace them. I was amazed at the clarity of the Hawke ones, and, to be honest, would find it really hard to see the difference in quality between the two, especially regarding the vast difference in price. These really are excellent bino's and are well worth the money.

Here's a link to them, although I did not buy mine from this firm.

http://www.fotosense.co.uk/hawke-nature-trek-8x42-binoculars-ha3922.html?gclid=CKT4wfTqxLYCFRMQtAodeWYAoA#fo_c=77&fo_k=a6138b1b8e5fcf91cafc7580cb9d8207&fo_s=gplauk