Decent Bag At Last

sitsinhedges

After struggling to decoy many at all for ages it all came together today.

I ended up double booking a field with a PW lurker who knew more about pigeon shooting than I did so ended up leaving him to shoot that field after an hour or so of chatting about the shooting and watching flight lines.

Went home had some lunch and got set up on another bean field by 12.15pm not knowing what to expect becuase there wasn't really much on it but the birds came straight in. To be honest I got caught out by them more times than I should have done but still managed to beat my previous best of 50 by 7 picked birds.

56 pigeons and 1 crow for 98 cartridges. Should have done better but can't complain. The other guy texted me to say he had 47 on the original field so a good day all round :good:

003-9_zps41138ac2.jpg

Yup, my home made no6 over 24grains of Vectan A1 :good:

I ran up a few 12g's yesterday, with advice from you, fc, and others......30g no6, 24.5 grns vectan A1, fibre. Took the dog for a walk round and dropped a cracking high bird .......very satisfying :good:

Then whizzed out another 14kgs of no6 shot this afternoon for the stocks :good:

Edited by turbo33