tv rubbish

goodo123

Why do they do these reviews on programs what was on years ago, "are we being served" prime example a load of people I don't know taking about a tv program what I never watched and I'm 25 so not exactly young. They say the same things I.e. he/she was very talented and had a wierd upbringing it gave people hope etc etc.

Advertiseing does my head in too, put on a program which starts 5minutes late because of advertising then 5 minutes in and more advertising. Mostly the same adverts all the time showing products what have been out for years and everyone knows the product etc etc

Late night gambling shows with a annoying woman/man taking rubbish and announcing winners by saying their rediculas made up names I.e. well done big dog 56 you won a tenner

Were pretty much forced to pay to have this carp rammed down our throat, even tho other non government channels manage to pay to have movies screened and educational programs.

Why can't we decide to not have the BBC channels but keep the channels we want?

Just another example of rip off Britain.

Rant over

Advertiseing does my head in too, put on a program which starts 5minutes late because of advertising then 5 minutes in and more advertising. Mostly the same adverts all the time showing products what have been out for years and everyone knows the product etc etc

Then you said:-

Isn't that know as having your cake and eating it too?, You've either got to accept you are going to have to pay for the add-free BBC (and when you think about it, you get a lot more than any other service will give you for £6/month) or accept the commercial reality of free-to-watch TV.

Further to the point you've got a massive thread of people moaning about how Maggie Thatcher split up all the government owned utilities, but then they moan about the fact they have to pay for TV licensees when the occasion Beeb bashing thread comes up?

Edited by Bleeh

rWere pretty much forced to pay to have this carp rammed down our throat, even tho other non government channels manage to pay to have movies screened and educational programs.

You know what, you've said so much Rubbish I'm going to respond to this too.

If you take a good hard look at what other channels are running, there are more than a few TV channels that do nothing but taking BBC aired programs and show them as Re-runs. "Dave" (Topgear, QI, etc) is a very good example of this. "Yesterday" (History programs) is another good example of this.

You can aquire all the TV you need via the internet in HD and on your TV free, legaly without having to pay a stupid outdated TV licence, so long as it's pre-recorded, it's 2013 the BBC need to update or offer a service worthy of your licence fee.

Other channels all over the world offer a better service without charging a licence fee, and many countries have abolished a licence fee.

Lol there is an off button............you wee whipper snapper

I know but it's annoying to pay for a service what's very poor most of the time

Your watching the wrong channels

Celebrity juice

Yukon men

Hard core pawn

Time team

Are a few of the regular Programs I watch

Bio

Discovery

History

Are but a few of the good good channels

I watch some of these on YouTube but can't understand why they can't make decent programs to watch on normal tv

Isn't that know as having your cake and eating it too?, You've either got to accept you are going to have to pay for the add-free BBC (and when you think about it, you get a lot more than any other service will give you for £6/month) or accept the commercial reality of free-to-watch TV.

Further to the point you've got a massive thread of people moaning about how Maggie Thatcher split up all the government owned utilities, but then they moan about the fact they have to pay for TV licensees when the occasion Beeb bashing thread comes up?

I'm not interested In Maggie Thatcher and what she did / didn't do. I'd say some "free" channels give you more than these.

u know what, you've said so much Rubbish I'm going to respond to this too.

If you take a good hard look at what other channels are running, there are more than a few TV channels that do nothing but taking BBC aired programs and show them as Re-runs. "Dave" (Topgear, QI, etc) is a very good example of this. "Yesterday" (History programs) is another good example of this.

Ive said so much rubbish? Well seems as tho some people agree with my rubbish.... Everyone is entitled to their opinion or should we all bow down to your opinions? Edited by goodo123

Why do they do these reviews on programs what was on years ago, "are we being served" prime example a load of people I don't know taking about a tv program what I never watched and I'm 25 so not exactly young. They say the same things I.e. he/she was very talented and had a wierd upbringing it gave people hope etc etc.

Late night gambling shows with a annoying woman/man taking rubbish and announcing winners by saying their rediculas made up names I.e. well done big dog 56 you won a tenner

Were pretty much forced to pay to have this carp rammed down our throat, even tho other non government channels manage to pay to have movies screened and educational programs.

Just another example of rip off Britain.

Rant over

Not exactly young at 25 man you are just a weener compaird to lots of us :lol: :lol: :lol: at just 25 i would have thought that you would be out clubbin on a saturday night not looking at a computer screen. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Don't know if you've heard of them, but you can get a portable carbon-based information device that allows you to see, hear, smell and taste as well as hear what people are thinking, they don't need batteries and you can get one for the price of a pint.

If you don't like what you are watching, turn it off.

I think we have to consider that there are loads more channels than when some of us where kids, most of them running long hours so they have to find something to fill the time. As others have said, there is the off button, I'm trying to explain to the uvver arf where it is on the goggle box!

My own personal hates are:

Cooking programmes

Dancing programmes

Any programme with the word "celebrity" in the title cos there never are any

Any programme with the word "talent" in the title cos there never is any

Any programme with the word "reality" in the title cos there never is any.

I'm auditioning next week to play the part of Victor Meldrew in a remake of the series.

Not exactly young at 25 man you are just a weener compaird to lots of us :lol: :lol: :lol: at just 25 i would have thought that you would be out clubbin on a saturday night not looking at a computer screen. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Maybe there ain't any seals where he lives? I'll get me coat............

I have to say I enjoy television, because there's so many channels I can usually find something I don't mind watching and if I can't I read a book, or go on the computer, or go out. I'd obviously prefer if it was cheaper but I probably get my money's worth. I don't think I've ever struggled to find something to the point of watching a channel that reads out the name of someone who's won a tenner!

Just recently, all the BBC channels have stopped working for me. (On freeview). I can get pretty much everything else, but all the BBC channels come up as "no signal". Might see if I can get some of my TV licence refunded!

You've lost a MUX... Try retuning your set/box