Pigeon Watch North v South Raffle

Teal

2013PWNorthVsSouthLogosmall.pngorchidLogo.gif2013PWNorthVsSouthLogosmall.png

I have had a number of PMs from members, looking to donate items for the Charity Raffle - which is fantastic. On the day of the Charity Shoot last year, Pigeon Watch members taking part in the shoot generously bought more than one thousand raffle tickets - in the process raising more than £1,000, of the £4,300 collected in total for Different Strokes.

This year we will be doing the same again for Orchid Cancer :good:

Please post on this thread with all your donations, or if you prefer via PM to me. In previous years we have kept a running tally of all donations and donators on this page: Official Pigeon Watch Charity Raffle Page

From day's shooting, to Mrs Sweepy's bra, assorted cartridges, homebrew alcohol, and not forgetting the enormous log burning stove, we have had everything in the raffle - and it's for a great cause so dig deep, and get pestering for donations!

I will get the ball rolling with a couple of things (I hope to secure some more things in the next few weeks!):

2 x Lightforce black poloshirts (M)

2 x Lightforce black poloshirts (2XL)

Assorted Pigeon Watch goodies including Mugs, enamel badges and car stickers, certificate wallets etc..

All donations for the raffle are gratefully received, and can either be brought along on the day, or alternatively I can accept posted items for the raffle :good:

Not yet signed up for the PW North v South Charity Shoot @ Grange Farm Sporting Clays on 1st June, get a move on! --> Sign up Now!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right boys and girls the lee loadall 2 that I was gonna raffle off is now going to go this way so buy ya tickets and you get the chance of a lee loadall 2 with some green dot powder it is opened, some primed hulls and some wads pics to follow

John Beswick of Rainhill Cartridge Supplies (0151 426 4607) has again generously donated a slab of Gamebore Clear Pigeon 30g 6s fibre wad, the perfect pigeon load. As in previous years all I've got to do is remember to bring them!

I have a few bits and bobs lying around, I'll sort them out and list them in a day or so.

Mr Potter

We will donate a long weekend (3 nights) in one of our LOGPODS in Perranporth, Cornwall. To be taken 2013 or 2014, not on Bank / school Holidays. Must be booked in advance as our availability allows.

Bit of info:

You get the best of both worlds. It's your own private eco-cabin without the hassle of a tent, and they're warm and cosy. LOGPODS are perfect for a family or a couple, if you're cycling, biking or touring.

• Sleeps a family of up to 5
  • Futon and bunks
  • Electric and heating included
  • Tea and coffee facilities
  • BBQ and picnic bench included
  • Well behaved dogs welcome
  • TV with DVD player
  • Cool box and ice packs
  • Microwave

podsinglespace_zps1ba47f2b.jpg

pod2_zps2d326b75.jpg

podspace4_zps2f3e2148.jpg

podinternal2_zpscf8d355d.jpg

podinternal3_zpsd7330a11.jpg

Edited by rimfire4969

We will donate a long weekend (3 nights) in one of our LOGPODS in Perranporth, Cornwall. To be taken 2013 or 2014, not on Bank / school Holidays. Must be booked in advance as our availability allows.

Bit of info:

You get the best of both worlds. It's your own private eco-cabin without the hassle of a tent, and they're warm and cosy. LOGPODS are perfect for a family or a couple, if you're cycling, biking or touring.

• Sleeps a family of up to 5
  • Futon and bunks
  • Electric and heating included
  • Tea and coffee facilities
  • BBQ and picnic bench included
  • Well behaved dogs welcome
  • TV with DVD player
  • Cool box and ice packs
  • Microwave

podsinglespace_zps1ba47f2b.jpg

pod2_zps2d326b75.jpg

podspace4_zps2f3e2148.jpg

podinternal2_zpscf8d355d.jpg

podinternal3_zpsd7330a11.jpg

Nice prize :good: Lets hope .philmypower. doesn't win, he did set fire to a tin hut after all :lol::lol::lol: sorry Phil :whistling:

I have had a good look at the Logpods website, and the site the logpods are situated on.

It is top class and AA 4 pennent awarded, well worth the visit whether or not you win the prize.

I believe that if this prize was auctioned Pigeon Watch could raise a lot of money, I am confident it would be more than than could be raised in the raffle.

Is it possible? over to you Mods.

Edited by bakerboy

I have had a good look at the Logpods website, and the site the logpods are situated on.

It is top class and AA 4 pennent awarded, well worth the visit whether or not you win the prize.

I believe that if this prize was auctioned Pigeon Watch could raise a lot of money, I am confident it would be more than than could be raised in the raffle.

I am happy for an auction or raffle. Whatever raises the most funds. I can't make the shoot myself but I am sure that everyone will have a great time and it will raise a good some for a great charity.

If anyone does want more info about the Pods and where they are sited pm me and I will give you our web address.

I will donate 100 clays (4 x 25) and 100 Cartridges (4 x 25) and a Coaching session for youngsters over 9 years old, plus the use of a Qualified Coach

1 lesson each for 4 youngsters to be taken at the A1 Shooting Ground Borehamwood Hertfordshire.

This could be 4 youngsters for a party in 1 go of 4 youngsters individually over a 4 weeks, must be on a Sunday or midweek if on school holiday, unfortunately no Saturdays.

Edited by bakerboy

It is still being considered.

One the one hand its possible that more money could be raised by auctioning this kind donation from "rimfire4969", but its also a great incentive to have a top quality prize for the raffle, as an added incentive for people to sign up for the day.

I will donate one of the new Waterfowl Chokes from Just Choking ( www.justchoking.co.uk )

Marketing blurb for anyone wishing to know what they are intended for:

"Muller Waterfowl Chokes have been field tested by avid outdoorsmen from Saskatchewan to regions of Patagonia. The results speak for themselves. Muller™ Waterfowl Chokes will out pattern any other choke using ITX, Hevi-shot, Tungsten, Tungsten matrix, Bismuth, tungsten Iron, Flight stopper, Federal Black Cloud, Winchester Blind side and all brands, shot sizes and velocities of Steel. Other Muller Waterfowl Choke Tube features include: proprietary matte black exterior finish, 8 finger grooves for quick and easy choke changes--no more choke wrenches.

"

These are available in Opt Plus, Optima HP, Crio +, Invector Plus and Mobil threads.

It is still being considered.

One the one hand its possible that more money could be raised by auctioning this kind donation from "rimfire4969", but its also a great incentive to have a top quality prize for the raffle, as an added incentive for people to sign up for the day.

If it does go to Auction I will open the bidding with £100.00