Got ink

stokie

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st rule of internet should be - don't ever get a tattoo, upload pictures to a public forum, and then ask people what they think of it

Good shout. You'll never please everyone and when it comes to tattoos, you're not going to be too willing to take criticism.

I'll stick my latest one up for you to all have a giggle at.

Thanks for nothing you bunch of *********. The photo was taken by the tattooist straight after finishing it so yea it is inflamed . It's a true likeness of the photo I took in . I thought I'd post it as a follow on from has anyone got any shooting related tattoo thread . I didn't ask for a slanging match

It's NOT a slanging match, you had a tattoo and posted a picture of it asking this forum what we thought of it and now you're upset because we told you that it's ****!

just out of interest, why did you choose a flying pug?

It does look quite odd, yes, but my aim is to go for a patchwork/flash cards style on my body. (I'm going for a full T Shirt)

I'd hate to have a tonne of tattoos which I've picked from seeing tattooed on a million people. I've got a flying pug - it's a bit different, but at least it's not a blue dolphin on my shoulder. Worse case scenario, I'll get a coverup, but I like him.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to;

Poor decisions I've made regarding tattoos!

Rome wasn't built in a day. Some tattoos are just the beginning of something big and they can look a bit odd on their own.

Edited by Billy.

The usual tattoo fayre often ends up looking like an utterly random but clichéd collection of cobwebs, ex-wives names, skulls with roses, anchors, black panthers hanging on for dear life, random tribal patterns, barbed wire armbands, hinges, cut-here, etc. The list goes on too long.

Then there is the well considered themeatic tattoo, sleeves with coherent story or subject matter, a dragon that wraps around the body but is the only tattoo, even Mungler's odd choice of church window and angel/ serpent, not my cup of tea but cracking work nonetheless, if indeed it's actually him in the photos. I once worked with a hell's angel type, he had almost a full set of sleeves and strides all around the theme of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, it was totally awesome, you could look at his arms for hours and still find new things hidden in those tattoos. Not a single swallow, hinge, skull or indeed, cobweb in sight.

In fairness to the OP, he has gone for something unique. When are you ever going to see a smoking staffie snorting a collection of child's crayons ever again?

Hmm, yes, my dear departed grandfather, an ex-royal marine, during WWII, had a tattoo done somewhere near Egypt. It was supposed to be snake wrapped around a palm tree.

The result was indeed that, but the tree appeared to be snapped in three places where the coils wrapped around it was so disjointed and it must have been the fattest, crudest, most childlike snake known to man. The type that you might happen across in a twelve year old's doodles of a snake. I won't repeat what he did to the 'artist' when he saw the result but it most certainly wasn't pleasant. He was the true champion of the utterly random tatt. Swallows, anchors, ships with masts and the ugliest fair maiden complete with naval cap that you have ever clapped eyes on. All faded into black obscurity with the years passed and exposure to sunlight.

A joy to behold!

Edited by mick miller

The pigments used today fair a lot better than grandads day mick (I know I sell the stuff). In all honesty I would be waiting for that to heal and then ask a top tattoo artist to put it right and yes it can be put right if and only if the op thinks it is not a true likeness. I have seen the worlds worst of tattooing around the uk and Europe and that is by far not the worst..

The pigments used today fair a lot better than grandads day mick (I know I sell the stuff). In all honesty I would be waiting for that to heal and then ask a top tattoo artist to put it right and yes it can be put right if and only if the op thinks it is not a true likeness. I have seen the worlds worst of tattooing around the uk and Europe and that is by far not the worst..

you're telling me!

had to have a cover up job on my L arm, i had a dodgy old jailhouse tat that went septic, i'll never have cheap tats again.

Of course its not the worse , any of us that have seen the Panther / ferret / otter thread know that :lol:

I must admit that my first impression was its a staffie type dog and why did he want a tattoo of it eating wonky cartridges for :ninja: