Demisting shooting glasses

My lad is finding his glasses a bit of a pain when they mist up during clay shooting (sporting).

They are a reasonable pair of Oakleys and there's some blurb about the coatings suggesting that you shouldn't use stuff on them as it could remove/damage the coating. I care a lot less about microgobblegook coatings than the risk of him taking the glasses off during a shoot in frustration at them misting up.

What do you guys recommend for demisting shooting glasses please?

Thanks!

Go to theopticians and ask for some wax. U put a small cross of it on the lense then polish off. Looks like a wax block, normally orangey pink and rubber sized. Used it for years and works fine on my glasess and bathroom mirror. Need some more now I think of it. Costs about £1.

Rub a small amount of Liquid detergent onto the inside lens (Fairy Liquid seems best) in small circles and let it sit for about a minute-then use a (lint free) soft cloth (microfibre is best-if you cannot get one then pm your address and I will send you one) to polish them clean.

Sounds daft but if I have mine tight against my forehead they mist up, (Oakleys)

I find just moving them slightly giving the warmer air somewhere to go cures the problem,

Its the cheapest option to try first

:shaun:

I do this with mine too! Just half a cm off to allow a bit of air through, works every time.

and allow him too cool down between stands

HA-ha. He bought 2 cards at Churchill's on Thurs night and shot them both in about 20 mins! At one point he handed me his gun while he adjusted his specs - and I touched the metal work! Ouch!! :blush:

Maybe it is wise not to shoot 100 sporting in 20 mins, both in terms of his own body heat and barrel heat!!! :lol:

HA-ha. He bought 2 cards at Churchill's on Thurs night and shot them both in about 20 mins! At one point he handed me his gun while he adjusted his specs - and I touched the metal work! Ouch!! :blush:

Maybe it is wise not to shoot 100 sporting in 20 mins, both in terms of his own body heat and barrel heat!!! :lol:

Encourage him to think about his shooting and thus take more time rather than just getting in the cage and pulling the trigger as quickly as possible. His shooting will not benefit otherwise, scores will not increase and then frustration will occur meaning he might want to give up.