The Storm.

Cranfield

Did anyone get affected by "The Storm" we were supposed to get last night and today ?

I live in an open exposed area, so its often windy, but our cottage is low profile, so it has little effect.

Last night it was windy, but not excessive about 30-35 mph I would guess.

We didn't get the heavy rain that was forecast.

Did they get it wrong again ?

We didn't get it too bad here last night but about ten minutes ago there was a sudden change in something... :rolleyes: and some very stong winds came along with pouring rain.

ps. Not sure if any of you remember but about 6 months ago i had a barn demolished by a skip lorry (there were pics in the pics section here) not a thing has been done by the insurance company and this wind has just ripped some more of the roof off along with a part of the wall :( so far since the accident happend, in may, the hole in the farmyard has got about 6 foot wider each side because of the weather.

Power has been off since 11:00am... The hit was very close!

A little bit of thunder last night also.

Was that in Herts? We had what I would call "a bit of a storm" here, wind got up, few belts of lighting and a few loud cracks. Some surface flooding, but nothing major at all.

Power has been off since 11:00am... The hit was very close!

A little bit of thunder last night also.

Was that in Herts? We had what I would call "a bit of a storm" here, wind got up, few belts of lighting and a few loud cracks. Some surface flooding, but nothing major at all.

Flamstead near to Harpenden

Ah I know it, I got stuck there a few months back coming back from Luton airport, flash flood and the 1081 there through harpenden floods really easily, sat in a pub car park and watched the school run brigade in their discos fail to use them properly and get stuck :rolleyes:

Not too windy here. We did have a fair bit of rain in the night though. The river on the farm has broken it's banks and has created a lovely shallow splash of about 3/4 acre. There were about 20 Mallard on it this morning but guess what the one thing I'm not allowed to shoot on that farm is..............

Ian

Not too windy here. We did have a fair bit of rain in the night though. The river on the farm has broken it's banks and has created a lovely shallow splash of about 3/4 acre. There were about 20 Mallard on it this morning but guess what the one thing I'm not allowed to shoot on that farm is..............

Ian

:( COWS :lol::lol: sorry :rolleyes:

how strange was that I was just reading this post when the lights started diming and flashing then the pc shut down.

its not even raining hear at the moment :lol: strange

Kipper :lol:

Each step with my flat soled shoes on the rugby pitch today was like skating on ice. It got churned up badly due to the weather although we have had no real rain since 11AM At one point it got very windy and that resulted in me making a mad dash from the clubhouse where I was checking the England score at half time to catch the points that had blown off the board and going across the pitch. :rolleyes:

FM :(

We was caught in the middle of thunder, lightning & a torrential downpour on the third drive of our shoot today, got drenched, & picked possibly the worst peg of the day :lol:

We were going to call it a day, then the clouds rolled back to reveal blinding sunshine :|

We ended the day with 18 pheasant 1 woodcock 1 duck

I managed 1 phezzie for 6 carts :no:

SS

Went ferreting today big mistake to wet really had fun but got bloody soaked had terrential rain for 20 mins on top of what we had last night wind picked up was cold wind and it thundered just my luck did get three netted rabbits and three shot so i am happy

I was out shooting a local inland marsh last night, we had 10-15 mph winds and then it tipped it down as soon as we stopped shooting. Had a great flight with 1 Pink, 2 Wigeon and 3 Mallard. :no:

I was out on the foreshore tonight and it was about 15-20mph until we got back to the car, again it tipped it down and the wind near doubled in strength!

It was a great night,

305971055_cc359b885b.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.