Why you shouldn't tailgate and Oh the irony

Peskyfoxs

What are your thoughts on indicating if you're taking, say, the first exit at a round-about?

Probably not really necessary however a lot of peoples behaviour on roundabouts is nothing short of moronic so as a safety factor I would always indicate for any exit or R-a-B lane change. It is also a politeness and lets people waiting to enter the roundabout know your intentions.

Edit = typo

Edited by Sha Bu Le

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they won't bother prosecuting her, not worth the paperowrk and her increased insurance will be more than a court hands down

Exactly. I had a guy pile into the back of my car whilst i was in stationary traffic a few years back. It was in a 30mph zone and the force of the impact was so much that my drivers seat was ripped out from the floor of the car as I was thrown back, the whole back end of my car was crushed and the other driver had been braking so hard, the front of his car actually went under my car. Clearly he had been doing a lot more than 30mph.

What did the police have to say? They said "not enough evidence to prosecute him". So he didnt get any points, fine or anything.

Do you know BurnleyDave?

Tightchoke - I concur.

Why do people post about hogging a middle lane - as of right? Never heard of the inside lane - which is where they are supposed to be.

Glad original poster is okay. That is a fair whack - with the Volvo being shunted down the road. I would get a check up to see if all was okay.

Got smashed into 3 years ago and had to be cut out of the car. Felt reasonable that day, but steadily worse after that.

Personally I'd see the penalty across the board for driving while using mobile phones raised to a mandatory ban. Nobody has to use one do they? It is a personal choice to seriously endanger other road users. It is definitely on the increase, wherever you drive it is apparent so people must think they are unlikely to be caught?.

If truck drivers know that points = no job why do we see so many phoning and texting while driving?

so your point is??????????????

what, we never see car drivers doing the same thing but more so

unfortunatly for me i do it often the way i see it is if i am doing 70 mph nobody should overtake me anyway

so you don't know the law on driving then?

middle lane and outside lane are for OVERTAKING, the fact that you're doing 70mph is neither here nor there, if others want to overtake that is their choice, the same as if they want to go faster than 70, sounds to me like you're one of the many that causes hold ups on our roads

you'll be telling us next you don't read the blue bus lane signs and never drive in those either

The copper did say he often sees a minor dinted volvo amongst a scene of carnage with other makes the size of toasters :o

I had a head on in my Volvo last year. The guy crossed into my lane while going round a bend. £6000 damage to mine, a rite off for the van!! Volvo= tank

post-30180-0-49060700-1370442813_thumb.jpg

post-30180-0-94711900-1370442832_thumb.jpg

so you don't know the law on driving then?

middle lane and outside lane are for OVERTAKING, the fact that you're doing 70mph is neither here nor there, if others want to overtake that is their choice, the same as if they want to go faster than 70, sounds to me like you're one of the many that causes hold ups on our roads

you'll be telling us next you don't read the blue bus lane signs and never drive in those either

Another point that people are oblivious to is that speedo's can vary wildly - from under-reading by a few percent, to over-reading by 10-20%.

I had an old CB250N that would tell me I was doing 96mph, when all my friends I was riding with were sitting at a steady 70mph.

So for all the idiots unnecessarily hogging the middle or right-hand lane, consider that the guy behind you might not actually be speeding at all...

glad you are ok tailgating really gets me raging

another thing they may fine you for is sitting in the middle lane

unfortunatly for me i do it often the way i see it is if i am doing 70 mph nobody should overtake me anyway and i see more accidents when people swerve over to the inside lane i can understand the problem if you are sitting at 60 mph but 70 bahhhhhhh humbug

Peskyfoxs, sorry to hear, I live in North Leeds and do that run at least twice a week, it's a bad motorway.

Nobbyathome, you need prosecuting for driving without due care and attention. Unless you are trolling :whistling: all you do is narrow the road. I travel 30,000 business miles a year and have yet to see anyone cause an accident swerving across to the inside, they do it to prove a point to the drivers like yourself.

that is one of my pet hates..drivers that just stick in the middle lane.... :shoot::mad: :mad:

Remember driving down the A1 one morning at 5am after work...doing a nice and steady 70-75 :innocent: when a car in front in the OUTSIDE lane doing 50 mph at a push...little flash of the lights and still there......so I slowed down and waited..then went to use the near side lane...just as I am nearly past I get all the gestures in the world and then he starts flashing me after I go past...muppet

Glad it's not just me Chimp, was on the A11 last week, as I was pulling onto it, I suddenly came up behind a person doing 40 on a &0 stretch of road.....

Agree that mobile users in cars that hold the phone should be banned. I do not understand the crowd that hold it in front of them on the steering wheel using the speaker....

How much is an earpiece?

Well the car is fine so I probably won't contact my insurance company, the cop has called and given me the 2 other parties insurance details so guess I go direct if decide to make a claim, if I ache more tomorrow I probably will.

Off work this aft as have a headache pity I actually don't fancy shooting but bit sore for that :(

Edited by Peskyfoxs

I pulled up at a red light during the last frosty spell, had a bump in the back of my car, i got out and the driver behind was very apologetic saying he'd skidded on the ice. no damage what so ever on mine, but its amazing what damage the towing gear on a Defender will do to a Merc slk

The sooner the 'I'm not moving' brigade get their points racked up the better, they are a blooming nuisance whatever speed they're doing. Same for those who drive up your *****.

That said something amazing happened recently. While driving down the A13 I flashed a car in front hogging the middle lane and he put his hand up to say sorry and pulled over politely. No w***er sign, no gesturing me to pull over for a fight, nothing. How unusual is that!!

On a side note on the way home on the M62 an Audi pulled on from hard shoulder between me and a hgv a bit close for comfort, fortunately I didn't sound horn or flash lights as I quickly recognised it as an unmarked police car I saw the other day :)

If you have a headache after the crash, seriously, go see your doctor.

Might be nothing other than tension, but better safe than sorry.

Well the car is fine so I probably won't contact my insurance company, the cop has called and given me the 2 other parties insurance details so guess I go direct if decide to make a claim, if I ache more tomorrow I probably will.

Off work this aft as have a headache pity I actually don't fancy shooting but bit sore for that :(

I do 120 miles a day on the M11 and M25. I see such poor standards of driving, middle lane hoggers, no indication, weaving through traffic at speed.

that is one of my pet hates..drivers that just stick in the middle lane.... :shoot::mad: :mad:

Remember driving down the A1 one morning at 5am after work...doing a nice and steady 70-75 :innocent: when a car in front in the OUTSIDE lane doing 50 mph at a push...little flash of the lights and still there......so I slowed down and waited..then went to use the near side lane...just as I am nearly past I get all the gestures in the world and then he starts flashing me after I go past...muppet

If you have a headache after the crash, seriously, go see your doctor. Might be nothing other than tension, but better safe than sorry.

Seen a doc, just whiplash with the right side being worse as only my right arm was on steering wheel meaning I twisted as I braced.

Thought better safe than sorry

Good.

You also have a rightful injury claim too.

Just see how many 'no win, no fee' calls you get now :yes: .

Seen a doc, just whiplash with the right side being worse as only my right arm was on steering wheel meaning I twisted as I braced.

Thought better safe than sorry

till they get to a car in front that is slower than them and the idiots just sit behind rather than overtake. If you can't do anything else on a motorway than drive in the middle lane you need your driving licence taken away and cut up