criminal record

ronttuk

Last night i had an alticaton with my ex girlfriend,her car got dented somehow in the argument and she called the police she says i kicked her car and i was arrested for crimminal damage,although no charges have been made against me yet as i said i didnt kick her car she slammed the door open on me. im awaiting a CPS decision,

if they do charge me and i get found guilty which i think is unlikely as there was a witness would i lose my fac and shotty cert ??

Like many things, it will depend on where you live, your previous record (if any), what they eventually charge you with and whether you are found guilty , or not.

If you are charged, contact the BASC for their advice (assuming you are a member).

I do know people with SGC's and FAC's who have previous convictions for offences, far more serious than criminal damage.

First thing is don't panic about this.

The police are really interested in your firearms ticket if you started coming to their attention due to cases of theft or violence and that may have a bearing on any renewal issues and would depend on the circumstances etc.

If this is the first time you have come to their attention I wouldn't worry about it, these things happen.

If they do charge you like has been said by others get some legal advice.

If you are of previous good character it will either be No Further Actioned or may end up in a caution.

I suspect the value of any damage is minor ( less than £500 ) unless she has a top brand red sports car!

Just my two pence worth. Hope it all works out.

If its your word against hers and the damage is small, no serious injury to any person, then I would bet my house on the fact they won't charge you with anything.

Interestingly there was a recent post by dazziboi which is kind of well timed, if you are asked to "accept" a caution, I would take legal advice, you don't have to and if they want to deal with it like that its likely they don't have anything substantial or they would charge you with criminal damage.

Best of luck mate!

Last night i had an alticaton with my ex girlfriend,her car got dented somehow in the argument and she called the police she says i kicked her car and i was arrested for crimminal damage,although no charges have been made against me yet as i said i didnt kick her car she slammed the door open on me. im awaiting a CPS decision,

if they do charge me and i get found guilty which i think is unlikely as there was a witness would i lose my fac and shotty cert ??

The police will only go forward if she decides to continue to press charges and the CPS decides that there is a good chance of getting a conviction if the case goes forward.

A lot depends on how things stand now between you and her.

Make it up if you can :good:

Just don't put anything in writing or onto an ansafone that might be used against you.

Flowers?

What have you got to lose? Well, there's the firearms.............

Yeh..........I would hang you..................... :good:

The plod probalby wont even do anything about it due to lack of evidence..........

They only turned up as she was a "lady".....................

If there were no "feet marks" visibile on the door then she is a bit like Heather Mills....................

not got a leg to stand on.....

I'm no expert, but if there is a witness saying the same as you then I should think you will be ok as long as you are not known to get violent. As you have a FAC already, you must be fairly well mannered I'm assuming? Don't worry too much, it sounds like a minor misunderstanding that may get you told off by the FEO if you're unlucky. Good luck anyway though, just in case :good:

• 3 months later...

did this work out ok.

My brothers a copper he said that without the damage the argument if put down as a domestic incident may not do you any favours as they are coming down hard in incidents like that even if not your wife ie you kick of with your brother that is a domestic in their eyes, just keep your fingers crossed good luck :/

If its your word against hers and the damage is small, no serious injury to any person, then I would bet my house on the fact they won't charge you with anything.

Interestingly there was a recent post by dazziboi which is kind of well timed, if you are asked to "accept" a caution, I would take legal advice, you don't have to and if they want to deal with it like that its likely they don't have anything substantial or they would charge you with criminal damage.

Best of luck mate!

As I understand it a caution has to be declared much the same as a criminal record so dont accept one unless advised to by solicitor (free advice from CAB) and there is no way the CPS will take it further unless they have a 110% prospect of gaining a conviction, try not to worry too much and best of luck.

:/ D2D