Virus Alert

Chris Bb

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just tried to access website via pc and my security as come up with the following:ATTENTION-this site has been blocked as site is listed as a malicious site that may be stealing identity information etc etc

PC is Microsoft carp;am on iPhone now.

Edited by Scully

Still waiting for Google to review the site, they haven't scanned it since the patch was applied last night, need them to rescan it for the warning to be removed.

Do you have a Google Webmaster Tools account linked to the site?

You can request a prioritised reassessment from in there. You can also see if there are any pages that Google thinks is still affected. It took about 4 hours for them to lift the warning on our site.

Alex

Do you have a Google Webmaster Tools account linked to the site?

You can request a prioritised reassessment from in there. You can also see if there are any pages that Google thinks is still affected. It took about 4 hours for them to lift the warning on our site.

Alex

Hi Alex -yep sure do. The problem was that it took until 6 this morning before Google Webmaster Tools updated to say there was actually a problem with the site, prior to this it declared the site fine, and as such there is no option to re-assess it under malware health because it was saying there was no issue (despite the warnings it was giving out!) Once I had the option to request a review to their credit they have scanned it quickly - and it should all be lifted now - thanks again for your suggestions and posts on this :good:

Actually I take that back they still haven't rescanned it, for some reason Chrome didn't initially pick up the warning, but it is now showing it again.

Edited by Teal

Hi Alex -yep sure do. The problem was that it took until 6 this morning before Google Webmaster Tools updated to say there was actually a problem with the site, prior to this it declared the site fine, and as such there is no option to re-assess it under malware health because it was saying there was no issue (despite the warnings it was giving out!) Once I had the option to request a review to their credit they have scanned it quickly - and it should all be lifted now - thanks again for your suggestions and posts on this :good:

Ok no worries that's good then! It's annoying that they can effectively cripple a site just like that and then drag their heels when it comes to putting it right. The google warning was actually more destructive to the site than the malware!

I found the same thing at first... it said no malware detected but after hammering refresh it showed up. The affected pages changed sometimes on refresh too... it kind of looked like their server cluster wasn't synched and it was pot luck which one you got!

Glad it's sorted now though :good:

As above really, just waiting for Google to re-scan the site. I hope it's not a question of waiting until the US wakes up, it should all be automated, but it has been 4 hours since requesting it be reviewed and over 12 hours since the issue was fixed.

Alex you are absolutely right about the whole thing, it is very strange that Google have this power to basically take a website out at the flick of a switch but then have very basic and incredibly slow systems for restoring it that may take 'around a day'