rolling stones at glastonbury

billytheghillie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a lot of miserable bxxxxxxxs some of you are have you even been to a gig proberly not you actualy make me ill you havent a good word for anything and its always the same people grow up get a life

Been to loads mate,everything from Pink floyd to stereophonics, seen stones twice & both times they where ****

All i can say is that growing up in the 50's 60's, groups like the stones were brilliant compared to Tommy Steele singing "Little white bull" etc... Before they came onto the scene it was only possible to listen to good music with balls on American R and B labels.The bands of today are exceedingly boring with absolutly no talent or rawness about them at all. Bring back The Beasty Boys..from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

Regardless of the quality of the music, they did put on a good show.

They are legends. I always reached for the stones when i got a new lass home for the first time and they always did me proud.

Long may they rock.

Bring back The Beasty Boys..from Auntie.

Would 66.6% of the beasty boys do?

what a lot of miserable bxxxxxxxs some of you are have you even been to a gig proberly not you actualy make me ill you havent a good word for anything and its always the same people grow up get a life

Actually, I saw them at Knebworth about 1978. Went on my Suzuki 750 GT Didn't like them much then either. Wish I still had the bike though.

You can criticese them all that you want I just put it down to jealousy they will still be much richer and have a much better life and have prettier girl friends than any of you could even dream of having so in the end they have the last laugh. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mick Taylor rich? I don't think so, they shafted him good and proper. Their treatment of him is one of the reasons I don't like them that much.

Edited by Vince Green

Vince - I vaguely remembered about Mick Taylor's treatment - aided by Google:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1213013/The-Rolling-Stone-whos-stony-broke-Why-Mick-Taylor-lives-rundown-Suffolk-semi-shabby-car.html

Ironically - on another thread - Mick Taylor's story might persuade the odd one (who thinks free heroin would be a good thing) that it isn't that simple.

Vince - I vaguely remembered about Mick Taylor's treatment - aided by Google:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1213013/The-Rolling-Stone-whos-stony-broke-Why-Mick-Taylor-lives-rundown-Suffolk-semi-shabby-car.html

Ironically - on another thread - Mick Taylor's story might persuade the odd one (who thinks free heroin would be a good thing) that it isn't that simple.

But then even rock stars buy there drugs from dealers so they have no idea what is in it if it came from a proper drug company then it would be what it says on the label not a tea spoon full of heroin and a tea spoon full of harpic to make it go further twice as much profit for the dealer.

The truth of it is he did not fit in people join groups and stay for a bit and then leave most groups only last for a short time or if they do stay it tends to be only two or three original members so the stones are no different to any other group I feel sorry for the guy he had so much and ended up throwing it all away only himself the blame in the end.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

But then even rock stars buy there drugs from dealers so they have no idea what is in it if it came from a proper drug company then it would be what it says on the label not a tea spoon full of heroin and a tea spoon full of harpic to make it go further twice as much profit for the dealer.

nowdays you have a private doctor like michael jackson :lol:

I haven't even read this thread but I'm only 23 and have been a fan of the stones for years, don't like new music, just the fact I love them, love Keith and ronnie and love the fact they still play and dress how they want. They still and always will in my eyes be one of the greatest rock bands in the world, read all the books seem all the footage.........legends!