rolling stones at glastonbury

billytheghillie

Can't believe Jo Whiley is 47! She looks mighty fine!

My cousin just came back from Glastonbury today, he was there working with Rita Ora and met Michael and Emily Eavis!

they are both very nice as was chatting to them Wednesday and yesterday as I am working down here and part of it is looking after one of his new VIP areas

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I didn't watch them but just seen them on the news and everyone they asked at the crowd raved about them

Best gig ever, one fan said?

:shaun:

Exactly. I was about to point out that despite all the usual bitching online, the crowd seemed to be having the time of their lives, and as they are the ones who paid to see they are really the only ones who matter.

i dident see it, i am trying to find it on i player. If it was anything like the 'steel wheels' tour at wembley in 1990 then i hope i dont find it. They are also doing a huge concert at hyde park, it makes you wonder, when bands like this are still headlining festivals, that music peaked a long time ago and that every song has been sung.

Exactly. I was about to point out that despite all the usual bitching online, the crowd seemed to be having the time of their lives, and as they are the ones who paid to see they are really the only ones who matter.

You can get pleasure from almost anything if you're smashed out of your face I guess.

The most worrying thing is that some people seem surprised that the Stones are Carp-they always have been, people are blinded by the image-the music is a mediocre at best.

I was around in the sixties and the Stones made the Beetles look like one of todays plastic made up groups. I did not like the first part who was the fat guy and the black guy playing guitars once they got on to the old songs I thought that they was good and as for people criticising Mik for his age I bet he is fitter that most of the people criticising him.

I saw them in Glasgow 10 years ago and they were fantastic,real energy,I think Keiths arthritic fingers struggle with the fiddly bits and noticed Ronnie doing them bits a bit more,I enjoyed it all the same and good on them for still doing it, but I do admit them and a few others already mentioned need to consider calling it a day. The other guy on guitar was Mick Taylor he was in the band years ago.

What did you expect? They're barely reanimated cadavers now. Should have stopped boring us to death 20 years ago. The only reason that area is packed is the chance that one of them may just die on stage. Imagine telling your children 'I was there when [insert cadaver here] died on stage at Glasto...'.

brilliant, like it. :lol::lol::lol::good:

Whileys defo got better with age. Shes like a ripe stilton.

What, smelly and ignored in the fridge for months?

Public enemy!!!! Thats cd that will get dug out tomoz, oh yes, cruising down the a259 in my 53 plate passat. I'll need a feculant smeared stick to keep the fillies away

Went to see Gorrilaz a couple of years ago and was thinking the support sounded like De La Soul. Turned out it was LOL. Ace gig :good:

Just watched it on Sky+ and, it looks like I'm in the minority on here, really enjoyed it! Ok, '2000 light years from home' was a tuneless mess but I never liked that song.

Nice of them to invite Mick Taylor back after all these years, last I read he was in rehab and totally broke.

My terrier is enjoying "you can't always get what you want"...he doesn't sing very often but he is singing to this lol!

Ahhhh So thats not the Rolling (very slowly these days) Stones we can hear but Is in fact your Terrier :good:

It's nearly impossible to tell the difference

It was musical necrophilia. They should have packed it in years ago. I know somebody who went to see them well over ten years ago now and he commented they were past their sell by date then. He said he wished he hadn't gone, he was a big fan and it spoiled the memory for him.

I think Status Quo are going the same way

It does make you wonder how these people see themselves.

Edited by Vince Green