all this "CHOKE" makarky!?

Reeceknight

Ok think of it is way, how does the manufacturer of a choke tube know what type of cartridge I'm shooting and with what gun I'm using it with? There still in business because of good marketing , there's nowt wrong with that at all .

Say for example If you took a so called top AA shooters shotgun off him/her and swapped there choke for something else, instead of scoring in the 90's there score would plummet drastically....hmmm I don't think so :lol:

Mind you if I was to be sponsored by a choke tube manufacturer I'm sure i would sing praises about the product :lol:

Point the gun in the right place and it will break the clay :good:

Ok think of it is way, how does the manufacturer of a choke tube know what type of cartridge I'm shooting and with what gun I'm using it with? There still in business because of good marketing , there's nowt wrong with that at all .

Say for example If you took a so called top AA shooters shotgun off him/her and swapped there choke for something else, instead of scoring in the 90's there score would plummet drastically....hmmm I don't think so :lol:

Mind you if I was to be sponsored by a choke tube manufacturer I'm sure i would sing praises about the product :lol:

Point the gun in the right place and it will break the clay :good:

I DO think so.I'd guarantee if you swapped a top shot's chokes for something different their scores would decrease. Take Digweed's tight chokes out and replace them with skeet chokes and see if he starts to struggle on 50 yard edge on crossers.

if they didnt do what they said they do how come they havnt gone bankrupt or closed down? they must do something and in a few months i will buy some pure golds and see if there is any difference at all

Because there are plenty of mugs about that think they can up their score by throwing money at gimmicks.

Because there are plenty of mugs about that think they can up their score by throwing money at gimmicks.

Absolutely spot on Paul! Far too many newcomers think they can buy success!!

Stick 1/4 1/4 manufactured chokes in and leave well alone!! Spend your money on shooting as often as you can! :-)

The reason people buy replacement chokes is because they think this choke or that choke will get them that extra clay.

Shooting is 90% in your head and people want to believe all the hype and bull associated with this part of the market...you hear it time and time again but with the right constriction ANY choke will "convincingly crush edge on targets at 90 yards" (if you point the gun in the right place) ;-)

What did the Sex Pistols say in the 70's.... "It's the great rock n roll swindle and you've all been conned" Lol

I have read such mixed reviews I simply don't know, if I was to buy extended ported now I think it would simply be for the looks aswell if I'm honest. I'm going to just keep shooting as much as possibly,maybe have a few lessons and go from there. think a few lessons would benefit my shooting more at the minute than chokes and sights.

oh yer so what's the score with all these hi vis sights?

oh yer so what's the score with all these hi vis sights?

They look cool.... :lol:

i think the main thing is that they collect light so give the illusion that they are illuminated and therefore easier to see/pick up on.

to be totally honest though, i know a few guys that shoot with no bead or sight and nearly never miss... go figure?!?!? lol