Ever felt like you just fell into a black hole

JohnFreeman1310

So me and the long term gf have just called it aday and i feel like ive just lost everything i start a new job in less than 2 weeks i need to find a new place to live and ive lost everything and have no idea how im guna start fresh i just feel like my world has dropped on top of me she really was my best freind and she got me were i am today and have no idea how im going to cope. And help would be great

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there mate and really I swear things do get better to point you'll get up one day and not think about it at all. As far as finding somewere to live that's just something you have to get on with, not nice but fact of life. None of my business but if this girl meant as much to you as you say would it not be worth giving it 1 final push. Good luck bud whatever you do.

Edited by Big Marty

First you should remember you went to the interview and you got the job. there will be many things where you achieved together but one of you did more. Its easy to feel broken hearted and stop caring about things but those who will succeed are those who take the hurt and come back. Its not easy and I, like many have been there, but there is a lot more life to live and you can do it. Have some faith in yourself, rebuild you confidence and get going. For all you know things will be better - for most people value things more after hardship.

Imagine a future that you want for yourself and get up tomorrow with the intent to make it happen - nothing comes of nothing, anything can come from something.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and realise the potential you have.

Good luck and when you next need a kick up the bum let me know !!!

It takes time. You have been used to a certain routine that has now dramatically changed. We all have the ability to move on, it takes time, sometimes lots of it.

You have done well to secure a new job, plenty of opportunity to throw yourself into the new role.

Good luck, it will work out, it's just hard to see it at the moment.

G

Been there myself, when I split from my ex I lost my home, clothes, possessions and most importantly access to my daughter.

I was basically homeless and at rock bottom.

As said before it does get better but it takes time and it will be a rough ride for a while.

Hang in there.

I know its hard to think straight in a situation like this, but sometimes perspective can help. I was out yesterday doing a very simple thing of feeding the ducks with my nephew, at the pond was a tetraplegic woman who had been brought out by her carer just to lay in her chair and look at the pond. She said hello to me in a cheerful way, even with the suffering she was going through, she was still cheerful. My problems and most peoples should dissolve when seeing how some people suffer every day. All the best. Don't get low.

una.

Get yourself on the internet and spank yourself silly while you still can :good:

The guy that works with me went on a free dating site called "Plenty of Fish". He quickly found a replacement for his nutty ex-missus. He is 37 and came in with a love bite on his neck! He wore his coat in the office all morning. It reminded me of being 15!! :lol:

In line with SOME comments :rolleyes: take plenty of time to immerse yourself in your new job, and get out and about! Don't sit around with your head in your hands :no:

Time is a great healer, but in the mean time be SURE, to keep your mind occupied!

A fair few of us fellow PW ers have been here at some point! From personal experience I can highly recommend spending time with friends, and perhaps even a boys week away.

I feel for you mate, I was dumped whilst serving in Afghanistan, Not the best of timing on her part. I was totally helpless, nothing at all i could do. Felt like my heart had been ripped out. You know what helped me get over it.

I joined Plentyoffish dating site and saw that there were loads more women out there. And when I got home from Afghan I met a few, nailed a few and moved on.

As been said above get out get hammered and get laid.