audi r8 ad

shootnfish

im privilidged enough to work for the mentioned company....

parts manager.

to those who think the r8 is too "safe", drive one with the traction control off! its an absolute animal.

we have the new v10 plus thats in the add in the showroom at the moment, identical to the one in the add. it really is a beautiful looking piece of machinery.

and yes, i have driven it, lots and lots and lots..... :whistling:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive got to admit, although i do love the r8,

i would choose a 458 italia over it if one was going begging....

but if i had to pay, it would be the r8 everyday of the week.

when it comes to prestige, i think that opinion differs greatly on what makes a car prestigious....

considering audi has been around since the early days of auto union (the 4 rings, audi - wanderer-horch-dkw), has released numerous ground breaking cars, and won an untold amount of motorsport titles as well as becoming one of, if not the best, premium car makers in the world.

if its not prestigious yet, it soon will be.

V8 Ariel Atom...

beautiful, quick and alot cheaper than an r8....

I'd rather a 20 grand mk1 Mexico with a 500bhp cosworth engine it it, space frame, caged, raged and ready to push any 100,000 super car around a track, then if I had to spend a 100,000 on cars?

Rs500 seirra cosworth - £25,000

BMW m3 csl - £20,000

defender 110 Crewcab - £20,000 (for shooting)

1967 chev camero ss - £30,000

running the '67 camero with the last £5,000

that's what I would have in the garage instead of a 100,000 Audi although a ford gt40 would be nice aswell lol

Best ad' on TV at the moment in my opinion.Local chemist has one,he is a big fan of German cars and I can't recall him ever having any car other than a German one.He sold his pharmacies a couple of years ago and retired still a relatively young man.His daily runaround is a Porsche Cayenne.He changes cars more often than I change my socks!

I almost choked on my cold cup of coffee there until I got to the bit when you said he'd sold his pharmacies, then it all made sense.

:whistling::whistling:

Joe (Employee Pharmacist)

I almost choked on my cold cup of coffee there until I got to the bit when you said he'd sold his pharmacies, then it all made sense.

:whistling::whistling:

Joe (Employee Pharmacist)

:) Him and his wife are both qualified pharmacists and they had six or seven outlets and sold them all bar one to a well known high street pharmacy chain;rhymes with hoots.They made a fortune.

If I had to buy one car that I had to use for everything it would be a Range Rover Vogue TDV8.

If money was no object

Aston V8 Vantage Volante- Living Daylights car

Ariel Atom ( any flavour)

RR as mentioned above

Based on current lottery winnings I will not be buying any time soon.

Talking to one of the sales lads at Cheshire Oaks Audi whilst waiting for one of our unmarked cars he tells me of the serving needs with a R8 this includes new carbon discs and pads every 5k miles at a cost of 3k. so unless those numbers come up my smart car will have to do for now , but then again if i need speed and acceleration i've always got my BMW K1200RS bike.

If I had to buy one car that I had to use for everything it would be a Range Rover Vogue TDV8.

If money was no object

RR as mentioned above

Lottery wish list FACEL VEGA HK500

BENTLY RED LABEL SEDANCA

BRABUS SMART CAR

If money was no object

RR as mentioned above

For the v8 vantage don't get the auto box it's horrific, feels like your a learner again!

Touchtronic on virage is silky smooth though!

Pdk box on cayman r is superb too, as is the car!

It is a very German advert! I do like the R8, but given the money and the inclination, I think i'd end up buying something with a little more flamboyance! It's the 10 year old in me i think. If i'm gonna spend a ludicrous amount of money on a car, I think i'd like it to have a bit of madness about it too. Plus the sense that the car might secretly want to kill me. I think the Audi might be just a bit too safe!

In terms of an ad though, you're right = every petrol head loves the growl of a V8!

Think its a v10!

For the v8 vantage don't get the auto box it's horrific, feels like your a learner again!

Touchtronic on virage is silky smooth though!

Pdk box on cayman r is superb too, as is the car!

Advice much appreciated but can't see it happening just yet :lol: Will still buy my 3 lucky dips though :lol::lol:

Talking to one of the sales lads at Cheshire Oaks Audi whilst waiting for one of our unmarked cars he tells me of the serving needs with a R8 this includes new carbon discs and pads every 5k miles at a cost of 3k. so unless those numbers come up my smart car will have to do for now , but then again if i need speed and acceleration i've always got my BMW K1200RS bike.

hmmm.. just goes to show how bad salesman are.... lol

they need changing when they wear, just like normal brakes.... so could be 10k if you drive "normally"...

and the cost..... parts alone are £5530, then fitting which is going to be a few hours at full labour rate so probably around another £400.

that is only if the cars has been spec'd with carbon ceramics though.

normal brakes are roughly £1300 fitted, and have a service life like any other car in the audi range....

still not exactly pocket change though! but if you can afford the 138k price tag then whats £1300 for brakes eh? :lol:

I would happily supply one of these to a customer...but I cannot justify 6 figures on an Audi! It's like the VW phaeton, how many people want to spend that kind on money on a VW! At least with the skyline it's not stupid pricing, they know and respect their place in the market! Also I suppose why Lexus dont exactly fly off the shelves, just over priced re-badged toyotas!

And yes I'm aware the am cygnet is a Toyota iq wearing some plastic and a few cows!

Merc C63 for me and you can still get the family in. But yes i do like the advert :good:

I've been doing these at silly money!