Renato Gamba Daytona

Scully

Apparently there are no UK importers of this make/model according to an article I read dated 2007.Anyone know different? All I can find is the number of a dealer in the West Country who used to stock them some years ago and will ring after them after the Bank Holiday.Am after some chokes.

Many thanks.

That's right no importers now or support however they are great guns better that the MX8 iMHO Dennis at UK Gun Repairs know a fair bit about them. I'm in the market for one but have had the same issue I do know Holland and Holland have a link to one model but can find much else.

Found one Daytona on Guntrader earlier today,you may be interested to know.Don't seem very common at all so am pleased there are others who also have one.Found mine by a stroke of good fortune really and after having a few shots with it wouldn't have slept if I'd gone home and left it on the shelf! Many thanks Gents,some good info' there;may not struggle too much after all.

Went on their website but only the video is in English.

They're still in business as far as I'm aware. I was shown around the factory by Renato Gamba and his son Enrico some months ago.

Quite impressive for a small scale shotgun manufacturer.

My friend is sponsored by Gamba and despite overtures from both Beretta and Perazzi to shoot one of their trap guns he's happy to stay with Gamba.

Yes, they're still very much in business. I found an article which claimed the Daytona is comparable to the Perazzi, Kemen and DT 10. Dont know how true that is.Must admit it wasn't a make or model I was too familiar with but this one fits me like a glove and is a stunning piece.

The chokes are flush fitting and have no indents for a key and it took me a while to realise there were actually chokes in it! Put my finger in one muzzle, turned it and lo and behold this very thin cylinder started of unscrew! They are such a good fit if I hadn't had my specs on I wouldn't have noticed the join!

Edited by Scully

They are very nice guns - built to last. I have come close to buying one a couple of times - distance or price ruled them out. Saw one in Lincolnshire - last week. Took all my willpower not to go and buy it. I don't need it, but it was £1500 for a 32" multi-choke trap- appeared to be a minter.

I am happy with my Salvinelli Monacos, but Gamba Daytonas are a bit special.

I am happy with my Salvinelli Monacos, but Gamba Daytonas are a bit special.

So you should be,very very nice guns.There was a top Scottish shooter came to a local driven day last season who had one.It is another model I'm not familiar with and thought it was a Perazzi.Very nice.

Edited by Scully

Could very well be. Chokes have no marking other than their constriction. Will have to do some ringing around.

They are normally like mine factory fitted rhino chokes - do look like Teague chokes though!

They are a quality gun similar to a perazzi including a drop out trigger.

Mine would have cost new about £4.5K so a second hand one at £1.5K is good value IMO.

As mentioned, There are several places that can do maintenance if need be including Ladbrook an Langton in Radlett.

Only thinking of selling mine as have moved onto an auto now and it's not getting used.

Many thanks to all those who have offered help via phone numbers/websites etc.Mate called in today at the RFD where I bought the gun to see if there were any chokes with the gun,after explaining that I am both almost blind (without my reading spec's) and more than a little thick! As I couldn't see any indents for a choke key and with the chokes being such a good fit not being able to see any line in the muzzle,I assumed the gun was fixed choke at 1/4 and 1/2,as the dealer told me it was choked. After a look round under the counter he revealed a box with another three slim perfectly machine choke tubes marked with their constriction and the serial number of my barrels,all complete in the box including key,with the Nigel Teague label! So it would appear Hamster was right.

All I need do now is give them a call,quote my barrels number and order a Full. Very chuffed.

Many thanks again all. :good:

After about a year of scouring the country for a 32" MC Daytona I managed to track a good one down near my old haunts in Lincolnshire. I have owned it for about a year now and they are everything everyone has already said. Took me a while to make the change from my Browning though as the handling was much quicker so had to slow my swing down a lot! My only warning is about the trigger group, make sure that it is working correctly ie cycling after firing first barrel. The drop out trigger group is an impressive piece of engineering but some are flakey and from I have been told not many know how to fix them. Mine is 10 year old gun and is fine, but I had to return 2 others from elsewhere which had this issue despite being given assurances they had no foibles! IMHO they are every bit a high quality guns as Perazzi and Kemen and new today are a 10k gun and probably worth every penny of that if you can afford one, just don't hold their price for some daft reason or another. If you search the site you'll find some of my enquiries at the time, when I got good advice from Gordon R amongst others.

I was severely tempted also by the same Gun that Gordon referred to but the cabinet is already full at the moment :-)

Hope that helps a little and make sure to take time to find the right one, it will come along eventually. As I said I had money buring a hole for nearly a year before finding the right one :-)