First shotgun question

shootgun

I'm waiting for my SGC to came through and in the mean time i'm trying to figure out on what i'm going to spend my hard earned cash :)

I have a budget of about £1600 for two guns, so i'll get a Berreta A300 Outlander and i'm undecided between Bettinsoli Diamond and Lanber Field Deluxe... both guns are in the same price range...

Anyone use them ? pros and cons? Any opinions and advices are much appreciated.

:thanks:

Ive had a new bettinsoli diamond for 2 months and I love it and shoot really well with it. IMO the quality and finish can't be faulted for the money, had a problem at first with it double/fan discharging when firing top barrel first, changed to bottom first and not had a problem in the last 500 shots.

Get a better quality O/U - Beretta or Miroku - and spend less n the auto. You will get better value for your money.

My thoughts as well

Lanber have the better reputation from what I have heard,if you want a game version the Silver Pigeon 1 field are highly regarded and hold their money,that would leave you 500 quid for a second hand beretta 391.

That's what I would be thinking.

Obvious really but have a shoot with them,a sporter might be better if you are just shooting pigeons,let us know what you get.

Cheers

thanks for the replies so far guys, is clay, pigeons and hopefully some wildfowling what i am after,hence the outlander...

The auto is the best compromise IMO then. The auto being light and fast with limited felt recoil with clay loads will serve a starter well (though the hardened clay buster cannot see further than a heavy stack barrel). On the marsh it will load easily in confined spaces and give you that third shot for a finisher. Just be sure and get the seller to show you a full strip down and explain how they work and what might stop them (most autos play up coz the owner aint got a clue how to maintain them)

I bought my first SG about 8 weeks ago and can only repeat the great advice I had from PW'ers on here, and what's been said above.

Initially stick to one gun so that you get used to how it feels, fits and fires. I was going to do exactly what you are but ended up with just the one U/O, although I will get a semi-auto eventually. Enjoy your purchase - it's a fab feeling!

If it were me for 1600 id haggle and get the best price on either a Miroku MK70, Beretta Silver Pigeon or Browning 325, try all 3 and see what fits best, all quility guns that you can keep a lifetime, you should get them for 1200 quid, then with the other 400 quid buy a second hand a300 or put another 100 quid in and look for a second hand a391 Urika.

I'm waiting for my SGC to came through and in the mean time i'm trying to figure out on what i'm going to spend my hard earned cash :)

I have a budget of about £1600 for two guns, so i'll get a Berreta A300 Outlander and i'm undecided between Bettinsoli Diamond and Lanber Field Deluxe... both guns are in the same price range...

Anyone use them ? pros and cons? Any opinions and advices are much appreciated.

:thanks:

Why do you need 2 guns as they will both have different weights and possibly different mechanism's....?

Personally I believe your gun should be a part of you, so when you pick it up it feel natural. I am sure you don't change the position of your seat in your car from day to day. Once you have set the seat then you leave it alone.

TEH

Why do you need 2 guns as they will both have different weights and possibly different mechanism's....?

I wonder how many PW members have only one gun :) I'm shooting full bore rifles since i was a teenager, and never had less than 4 or 5 rifles... is just different guns for different purposes.

I do believe owning two different shotguns i reasonable...

Thanks for the advice anyway :good:

I WOULD BUY A SECOND HAND AUTO IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE AND BUY A SECOND HAND O/U THERE ARE LOADS OF REALLY NICE GUNS OUT THERE AND WHY NOT LET SOMEONE ELSE TAKE THE HIT ON THEM THE CHEAP NEW GUN WILL LOSE BUCKET LOADS OF CASH WHEN YOU REALISE IT DOES NOT DO IT FOR YOU A GOOD QUALITY SECOND HAND ONE WONT.IF YOU CAN TRY SOME OF YOUR MATES GUNS TO SEE WHAT SUITS YOU BEST.