weekends effort

yickdaz

I didn,t shoot at all last weekend due to not being able to get rid of 2 freezers full of pigeons my 2 usual game dealers just don,t want the birds at the min, took me 10 days to find another dealer within 40 miles who would take frozen birds, so off I went yesterday to offload them, it was a weight off my mind and I could go pop a few more

very late start yesterday after trip to dealers and looking round for birds 4pm got set up till 5.30pm so only managed 22

post-21887-0-56552200-1379872206_thumb.jpg

today a little better still only went out after dinner we had seen a good flightline constant traffic yesterday on our travels heading to a stubble off our boundary but crossing our side, we didn,t shoot because the farmer was working in the field and its not very big so left it for today,

not a lot moving at first when I got there at 1pm then the tap was turned on and again constant traffic, but off our boundary so I got set up at 2pm as close as I could to the field they were heading for and managed to pull some across to me with the magnet worth its weight in gold today that was very frustrating watching bird after bird flighting across the other field and no one shooting on there to push them across and believe me a big bag would of been shot on there today I,m happy with 60 seeing as it wasn't really the field they wanted to be on

post-21887-0-89052300-1379872701_thumb.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

It has been a while since you posted about your exploits and as one of the keener and more knowledgeable PW members it must have been a frustrating time for you. This would have been made even more irksome by reading the posts of another Lancastrian explaining just how easy it is to shoot 200 every time he goes out despite having two others jumping up and down in his hide.

Your observations over the weekend did you credit and to get 60 when the birds wanted to be elsewhere was a fine achievement.

Well done Daz, it's frustrating when the freezers are full and you want to go out. I'm lucky that the pigeon gods allow me to shoot a good number of birds, but in your case you are having small bags but it is all relative if you have twenty birds of a difficult flight line or field you have achieved you objective. It seems that this year the sporting pictures section has been dominated by other sporting shots of none pigeon related. As this is Pigeon Watch any bags of pigeon would be welcome as they relate to a shooter trying his best which in turn allows other members to give advice or help. This year with the acorn crop, rape shooting will be poor until January so we will have frustrated rape shooters saying that the bags are small, what's wrong. We can inform them of our past trials and that's what it all about. I try to be honest and inform members of my methods and systems and I hope it helps. (Rant over)

Daz, well done again and keep shooting and posting and you will have your normal bags again and will have to empty your freezers again regularly .

It has been a while since you posted about your exploits and as one of the keener and more knowledgeable PW members it must have been a frustrating time for you. This would have been made even more irksome by reading the posts of another Lancastrian explaining just how easy it is to shoot 200 every time he goes out despite having two others jumping up and down in his hide.

Your observations over the weekend did you credit and to get 60 when the birds wanted to be elsewhere was a fine achievement.

+1

Nice result Daz.

Well done Daz, it's frustrating when the freezers are full and you want to go out. I'm lucky that the pigeon gods allow me to shoot a good number of birds, but in your case you are having small bags but it is all relative if you have twenty birds of a difficult flight line or field you have achieved you objective. It seems that this year the sporting pictures section has been dominated by other sporting shots of none pigeon related. As this is Pigeon Watch any bags of pigeon would be welcome as they relate to a shooter trying his best which in turn allows other members to give advice or help. This year with the acorn crop, rape shooting will be poor until January so we will have frustrated rape shooters saying that the bags are small, what's wrong. We can inform them of our past trials and that's what it all about. I try to be honest and inform members of my methods and systems and I hope it helps. (Rant over)
Daz, well done again and keep shooting and posting and you will have your normal bags again and will have to empty your freezers again regularly .

And well said PC

cheers for the comments pc, jdog and everyone else :good:

totally agree that's how its going to be we have forseen it as well as yourself, but I will keep going out looking for an opportunity through the winter I always do sometimes it pays off with a good bag but mostly you end up chasing them but they eventually come good again in the spring