What Sort Of People By A .22 Uzi?

110csw

My first .22 was an old Krico semi-auto which had the look of a M3 carbine about it. It didn't like subs but loved HVs. It had quite a light trigger and was pretty accurate. It was useless for hunting, not because it invited arrest but because it cast a strange spell which made it impossible to shoot one round at a time. 10 minutes after firing the first shot you come out of a sort of trance to find that every cowpat in 100 yards radius had been busted, all your ammo's gone and you haven't even seen a rabbit. It happened every time. I tried to fight it but it was impossible. It had to go.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really don't get the point about 'what if someone or an anti sees you out in the field' with an Uzi type or similar assault rifle. Do most none shooters walk around and when they see someone with a gun shout 'quick ring the police, oh hang on its ok its a CZ 452 with scope' as opposed to panicking when spotting a Uzi, AR 15 or the like.

Antis or none shooters don't see the type of gun. They just see a GUN.

ATB 425

so by the reckoning of these anti military gun types,i'd be doing wrong by taking my browning lever action gun out rabbiting? seeing as my gun looks like something out of a cowboy film the anti gun types will be on the phone to the plods,saying theres a nutter on his way down to the OK corral..................as that makes as much sense as the anti military gun argument does,in my opinion .

As you have it. If your legal, enjoy your self. I shoot black powder guns occasionally and I'm often asked what the point is, well to me its the same point as every other kind of shooting/gun, occasionally i drag out the black powder gun, its heavy awkward and unreliable, but the challenge adds a different dimension to shooting and its just something a bit different. In that same respect if you want to have a gun covered in piccatiny rails, go fill your boots. No different to a 1022 in function, and they are regularly used for rabbiting. I have heard the smith and wesson m&p 15 - 22 is a very good dedicated .22 modern sporting rifle.

If you think that a member of the public is any less likely to phone the police just because you have a 'sniper rifle' instead of a black rifle then you are mistaken. First time out with my Howa .223 I got a visit from the Dyfed Powys chopper.

IMO if it's legal then fill your boots and shooters should be showing support to other shooters no matter what they shoot.

Edited by Livefast123

Mr Bucknell doesn't use an 'Uzi' to shoot foxes with.

My comment about the camo is a metaphor, there are 'real' stereotypes of these types of nutbars.

Correct,he doesn't.But pre-ban he used an AR15 military type cf rifle,and he did wear camo.I'm sure there are 'real' stereotypes of these types of nutbars,but how many of them have guns?

Edited by Scully

If you think that a member of the public is any less likely to phone the police just because you have a 'sniper rifle' instead of a black rifle then you are mistaken. First time out with my Howa .223 I got a visit from the Dyfed Powys chopper.

IMO if it's legal then fill your boots and shooters should be showing support to other shooters no matter what they shoot.

Well said

Edited by JONAH898

At the end of the day shooting for me (and the Mrs) is about fun, if somebody wants to dress in cammo and shoot a military style gun that's down to them just as people deciding to dress in some old fashioned English tweed whilst shooting birds with a SxS.

Between me and the Mrs we have 10 slots for guns (excluding mods) which were trying to fill, looking at what we can have and plan to buy the only seriose scoped rifles we will have are the .223 and .308 all the others are just toys to make us smile.

Edited by grimey121uk

I don't own any opf this style but at the range a while ago an old chap invitited me to have a go with these 2, one being a .22lr semi the other a 9mm parabellum (i think) lever release/thumb release.

Personally I wouldn't want to go foxing/rabbiting with them but they were great fun on the range and the old guy loved his shooting (he was 70 if he was a day)

62E2C8A2-F109-42CB-9D23-A511D5C994C4-333

F156F524-EB88-474C-B67C-FF2FEDE0B73B-333

I stumbled over a RFD selling .22LR Uzi's, M16's and AK74's and it got me thinking what's the point? For me a rifle should be (sniper) rifle shaped for accuracy with a scope unless you're trying to impress with iron sights lol.

I'm not a newbie troll trying to offend anyone here lol. It's just why would you want an .22 Uzi with crappy sights to attempt to shoot rabbits over a CZ Brno with a scope?

Not my thing but I know others like them, who am I to say its wrong. I should not allow someone to shoot in the field with one and refused to allow my mate to bring his AR straight pull foxing, too much bad image that could also prove a health hazard if an ARV turns up

People like you is what is wrong with shooting, god knows how we have any shooting left with this sort of attitudes like that. I say, let the AR turn up and be shocked and they will find that even though my rifle might look "tactical" I am not breaking the law in any way. Don't take it lying down, stad up for yourself, they are not God.

People like you is what is wrong with shooting, god knows how we have any shooting left with this sort of attitudes like that. I say, let the AR turn up and be shocked and they will find that even though my rifle might look "tactical" I am not breaking the law in any way. Don't take it lying down, stad up for yourself, they are not God.

Correct, but if a well meaning member of the public (not necessarily an anti) calls the police saying there is some guy in a field in cammo and a 'machine gun' - what do you think the police will do? Yes, you have a 'right' to take your legally licensed firearm into a field, but the reality is that the world is a different place now.

people like me are the ones that used to shoot tactical weapons at ranges. i stand by, if it looks tactical its for the range. just my opinion, everyone has there own.

I bet I could walk around the fields carrying a belt fed machine gun and no one would raise an eyebrow around here.

Some of you guys are worse than the general public at gun stigmatising, going by your logic to the average person your traditional style rifle with scope that you so proudly carry is indeed a sniper rifle... they have no idea between the different style of traditional or a more modern styled rifle and or dont care.

As we move forward more modern designs will become more widely used, especially as the closed minded stuck in the dark ages traditionalists die out. Anyone still use a musket?

Edited by thepasty

Jesus some serious carp being talked yet again...

I bet I could walk around carrying a belt fed machine gun and no one would raise an eyebrow around here.

Some of you guys are worse than the general public at gun stigmatising, to the average person your traditional style rifle with scope that you so proudly carry is indeed a sniper rifle... they have no idea between the different style of traditional or a more modern styled rifle and or dont care.

As we move forward more modern designs will become more widely used, especially as the closed minded stuck in the dark ages traditionalists die out. Anyone still use a musket?

This is about my take on it, the gun what ever form it may take is the chosen tool for the job not an image. If it's accurate enough I will entertain the idea if not I will stick with the savage.

with the Evo stock on it looks like a fazer lol still not been Beamed up or pulled over :/

Correct, but if a well meaning member of the public (not necessarily an anti) calls the police saying there is some guy in a field in cammo and a 'machine gun' - what do you think the police will do? Yes, you have a 'right' to take your legally licensed firearm into a field, but the reality is that the world is a different place now.

To be perfectly honest,if an un-informed member of the public see's someone dressed in camo holding any gun in a field they're usually gonna call old bill even if its just to cause trouble.Makes little difference what it looks like.Remember what that bloke said on tv during the Bird shooting "a big sniper rifle" and that was just a poxy CZ.The point im making is no matter what type you have someone will be frightened of it so just go out and get something you really want rather than traditional.

I know people who use AR type rifles for sporting.They perform well and are comfortable to carry round.

Get real people, dressed up in strange combat type gear and carrying an AR in the fields you will be viewed differently to the guy in tweeds carrying a traditional type rifle or gun. I am not suggesting we all don plus fours and deerstalker caps but moderation and common sense in all things a balaclava wearer clad in DPM and combat boots out shooting bunnies with an uzi is certainly going to be seen very differently by most sane people. Who can blame the cops of the general public for thinking there is a nutter on the loose, they might not be that far out with the assessment LOL

there you go again, stigmatising with broad brush.... who said anything about being dressed in a balaclava, DPM and combat boots?! you're exaggerating the extreme to weight your argument.... poor show.

So a tweed wearing yar yar with an AR... would be fine?

Edited by thepasty

Get real people, dressed up in strange combat type gear and carrying an AR in the fields you will be viewed differently to the guy in tweeds carrying a traditional type rifle or gun. I am not suggesting we all don plus fours and deerstalker caps but moderation and common sense in all things a balaclava wearer clad in DPM and combat boots out shooting bunnies with an uzi is certainly going to be seen very differently by most sane people. Who can blame the cops of the general public for thinking there is a nutter on the loose, they might not be that far out with the assessment LOL

and someone standing on the foreshore dressed head to toe in camo holding a pump action waiting for first flight wouldnt attract attention? Just saying...