Guns Stolen from Kelbrook

shootreview

Perhaps we should all take extra precautions, seems there is a lack of guns in the Criminal world. Just had a phone call, mate had his house broken into and safe broken in- got two shotguns and arrested on their way out. Unfortunately they tell him the guns are evidence to be retained till the court date, cops say they will be looking at 9 yrs inside for this type of offence which seems correct but a lot more than you hear of

Mike does live in the house - 20 yards from the gunroom / shop. Thieves would only need to wait until he went out, because there is very little else up there. The shop forms a barrier to the road outside - anyone breaking in around the back would be almost invisible to the world outside.

That said - Tim McAvoy was robbed over a year ago and he is slap bang on a busy main road, with plenty of neighbouring houses - either side and across the road.

you could for a moderate cost make it very difficult, you could put a plant safe http://www.plantsafe.co.uk/catalogue.php?category_id=1081 in next to the shop link the two and put a roof on it and make it look one and the same building, just keep you guns in here then add http://www.smokecloak.co.uk/en/ smoke cloak just in case they get in (they are not going out with anything), put up some PIR detectors link the shop to a good Cat 1 responce alarm company who will give audibal warning when detected.

your shops now near impregnable the only residual problem is you have left the determined thief with no option but to confront the owner up the way for the keys, this is what now regularly happens with vehicle theft, all vehicles now require the thief to break in your house to get the keys

Edited by chrisjh

I cannot believe some of the comments on hear nearly as bad as those in the paper.

When is it the victims fault for being robbed?

The police have managed to brain wash everyone into thinking it is there fault if they are a victim of crime. Example -If you get burgled it is because everyone else fitted and alarm and you didnt, hence became the victim.

Criminals are the cause of crime.

Fifity years ago you did not have to lock your door now you need to live in fortnox or you are 'inviting crime'

I cannot believe some of the comments on hear nearly as bad as those in the paper.

The police have managed to brain wash everyone into thinking it is there fault if they are a victim of crime. Example -If you get burgled it is because everyone else fitted and alarm and you didnt, hence became the victim.

Fifity years ago you did not have to lock your door now you need to live in fortnox or you are 'inviting crime'

Pleased someone is in touch with reality !

quaint and very touching :lol: utterly naive, nobody is suggesting its the victim's fault obviously criminals are the root cause but they exist they always have always will if you choose to ignore it they you're going to be affected by it. if you're worried buy a big dog preferably a staffie :whistling:

I see your point, however every stolen gun is ammunition for tighter controls. In that vein we do have a duty of care to our fellow shooters, RFDs still more.

A friend has just had his guns stolen but the difference is his neighbours heard the noise and phoned the cops (caught and charged two villains who now face about 9yrs inside), living were he does in a big town they were only 15mins away. My own house has become like fort knox because like Mike might well be I am maybe an hour away from the cops (lancs police have just centralised his division to Blackburn) when I go away for any periods the guns go into storage with RFD.

The fact remains I personally mentioned the roof to his Lad previously, with Yorkshire stone on that roof it could not have been structurally up to adequate steel proofing (weight load being too high) and they will now be faced with increased insurance, increased security costs before renewal and still face the costs of a proper job

quaint and very touching :lol: utterly naive, nobody is suggesting its the victim's fault obviously criminals are the root cause but they exist they always have always will if you choose to ignore it they you're going to be affected by it. if you're worried buy a big dog preferably a staffie :whistling:

Yeah, they will knick the dog also. Staffies being popular with that sort :lol:

I would be surprised if they didn't have a monitored alarm most RFD's do, SMoke cloaks are a good option and can see them being used more often. no where 100% secure and the police have their role to play. I just hope this doesn't cost the chap his livelihood.

I would be surprised if they didn't have a monitored alarm most RFD's do, SMoke cloaks are a good option and can see them being used more often. no where 100% secure and the police have their role to play. I just hope this doesn't cost the chap his livelihood.

Interested in those smoke cloaks, was looking at screamer systems recently