nice night for a fox

simon6ppc

hi guys after being rained off for the last 2 or 3 weeks me and chana finally got out for a few hours on my shoot,i have been seeing fresh fox muck for the last few nights while out with my dog, so we had a look around the same area,as we got there one ran right past us but as forrest gump would say,HE KEPT ON RUNNING.any way we see this one just doing his own thing around some rabbit holes so i just waited for him to get 100 percent safe then shot him just over 200 yard with my 22ppc,the first ive had in almost a month now with the weather being rubbish so hope fully i will go again sat,atb simon....

post-56146-0-74315700-1383865613_thumb.jpg

Edited by simon6ppc

I know exactly what you are saying about the terrible weather conditions recently Simon, :sad1: it's been the sort of weather you want to be staying in with the fire going and a glass of "something nice"! :yes: Mind you, it makes it that bit more rewarding and enjoyable when you do get a chance to get out. :yes::):yes:

Nice shooting mate! :good::yes::good:

Know how you feel Simon,just been away for a week and although we saw plenty of Fox,the weather really ruined it,so well done on getting a result :good:

They're pairing up and calling a lot down Oxford way.Had some interesting conversations with 1 for 2 nights using the Fox-Pro :lol: she did come in the 2nd night.We were watching a Fox for 15mins that kept to the skyline after some Fox vocal calling with 1 in the wood below us...i turned to check the field to our left as this Fox was not going to present a shot..low and behold the calling Fox was standing 160yds away side on..mate shot it with his .308.no pic as it wasn't pretty :oops:

ye cheers fellow PW buddies, looks like we have all been hagged with the weather,i go quite a bit on foot so with the ground being soggy its some times hard to take shots as i lie down with a bipod and also to be quiet in the mud as some of these hill foxes i come across are clever customers at times,if the wind drops ime on the rabbits tonight with my rapid,that could be interesting,hope the few who are going out have a good do any way ,cheers simon....

Well done Simon.

Nice rifle and by the way what scope are you using bud?

orite pal,i use a swarovski 6 to 24 plex reticle on my 22ppc as i mainly shoot it at paper or long range vermin ,but its not to bad at night just a bit fine,ime just on with getting a night force soon,not cheap though,it always hurts me when buying a scope :oops: but you do pay for what you get.atb simon

orite pal,i use a swarovski 6 to 24 plex reticle on my 22ppc as i mainly shoot it at paper or long range vermin ,but its not to bad at night just a bit fine,ime just on with getting a night force soon,not cheap though,it always hurts me when buying a scope :oops: but you do pay for what you get.atb simon

Nice optic bud.

hi guys after being rained off for the last 2 or 3 weeks me and chana finally got out for a few hours on my shoot,i have been seeing fresh fox muck for the last few nights while out with my dog, so we had a look around the same area,as we got there one ran right past us but as forrest gump would say,HE KEPT ON RUNNING.any way we see this one just doing his own thing around some rabbit holes so i just waited for him to get 100 percent safe then shot him just over 200 yard with my 22ppc,the first ive had in almost a month now with the weather being rubbish so hope fully i will go again sat,atb simon....

whats a 22ppc ? 22 -250 ?

whats a 22ppc ? 22 -250 ?

orite pal,its in between a 223 and a 22.250,its an american benchrest round made for target shooting realy but as you can imagine makes a top fox round.i use a 6ppc as well,its the same brass as the 22 but with a 243 bullet,the picture is of a 6ppc and a 22.250 and the group shot with the 6ppc as it shoots just like its smaller brother,cheers simon

post-56146-0-11210500-1384471531_thumb.jpg

post-56146-0-45814000-1384471547_thumb.jpg

orite pal,its in between a 223 and a 22.250,its an american benchrest round made for target shooting realy but as you can imagine makes a top fox round.i use a 6ppc as well,its the same brass as the 22 but with a 243 bullet,the picture is of a 6ppc and a 22.250 and the group shot with the 6ppc as it shoots just like its smaller brother,cheers simon

cool ! never heard of it trill now ! thought it might be something like that , with groups like that looks like its gunna be on everyones chrimbo list , i can see variations going in all over the country now for 22ppc , can you easily get rounds for it or do you have to make your own ? how much would a entry level rifle cost out of interest ? :|

Nice shooting Simon, :good: nice 5 shot group, i bet its boring having a rifle that shoots like that :lol:

Got 6 off now so weather permitting i will be out

Same for me, 2 nights left then off for a week...looks like some freezing temps heading our way as well...should keep the foxes busy looking for food...fingers crossed!!!

cool ! never heard of it trill now ! thought it might be something like that , with groups like that looks like its gunna be on everyones chrimbo list , i can see variations going in all over the country now for 22ppc , can you easily get rounds for it or do you have to make your own ? how much would a entry level rifle cost out of interest ? :|

to be honest pal its quite a bit of messing about, i have to buy 220 Russian brass at a pound each,i shoot it through my gun which fire forms it to the size of my chamber,after which i have neck sized it before i can shoot it,a good friend of mine who shoots for england told me to get this round about 20 years ago as its what he used and i thought it must be good so ime having a do with this ppc stuff,thats where it all started,then i got the 6ppc just after,as i don't lie the group on the picture isn't the norm,just what can be done with no wind when i am on form,but i average around half inch groups most days at 100 yards, rifle wise you have to get them built now as no production ones are made any more, i use a sako and an RPA,cheers simon

Edited by simon6ppc