Sky tv - robbing so & so's

Devil_bri

I have been with them 12 years and have the full sky package, HD, multi room and sports, except movies. Unlimited broadband and talk anytime. My contrat expires at the end of the month so I phoned up last week to see if they would negotiate a new deal and I didn't get offered anything ! So I told them to cancel everything which they said they would !

My friend rings them today in the same position and gets offered everything for £52 plus a new box for a £5 !!

So I ring them back and they still wouldn't do anything decent, I just got offered the same price as a new customer except no new box and no £100 M&S voucher !!!

I'm not a happy teddy and it all gets switched off on 8th December !! What do I do ??

I have been with them 12 years and have the full sky package, HD, multi room and sports, except movies. Unlimited broadband and talk anytime. My contrat expires at the end of the month so I phoned up last week to see if they would negotiate a new deal and I didn't get offered anything ! So I told them to cancel everything which they said they would !

My friend rings them today in the same position and gets offered everything for £52 plus a new box for a £5 !!

So I ring them back and they still wouldn't do anything decent, I just got offered the same price as a new customer except no new box and no £100 M&S voucher !!!

I'm not a happy teddy and it all gets switched off on 8th December !! What do I do ??

The moral is... If your warm and comfortable even if surrounded in **** ...keep your trap shut :lol:

Personally I think skys days are numbered..BT has the muscle and is pushing them out...

We have a humax freesat box which you can hook upto your internet. This enables you to watch all the catch up channels and a 7 day guide rewind. Initial cost is pricey but a little tip is if you buy direct of the humax website you can get a reconditioned unit for much cheaper and still comes as new with box, hdmi lead, remote and 12 month warranty. Really impressed so far

We have a humax freesat box which you can hook upto your internet. This enables you to watch all the catch up channels and a 7 day guide rewind. Initial cost is pricey but a little tip is if you buy direct of the humax website you can get a reconditioned unit for much cheaper and still comes as new with box, hdmi lead, remote and 12 month warranty. Really impressed so far

Can you catch up on sports channels with this setup without paying for Sky TV? I`m paying about £22.00 per month for the basic package with Sky Sports 1-4 and other sports channels.

Edited by Salizar

best advice if you can leave it is let them disconnect you, there CS has wised up to people doing this, 1 week after was switched off got offered 50% of tv package 12 months itself and hd free for 6, i left the phone and broadband with them during that time

Totally agree! This is what I did and exactly the same way that they responded and when I told them it wasn't emough to get me back they wrote letter after letter with even better deals!

I hate SKY, we have a one year contact with them that will end soon and thank god for that, basically we are paying to watch Freeview, we were miss sold our package believing that we would have a lot of SKY channels but they are all locked except a few rubbish ones, everything with them is extra money even the signal goes if the weather is a bit rough, they can shove it no matter what they offer.

Chris

Can you catch up on sports channels with this setup without paying for Sky TV? I`m paying about £22.00 per month for the basic package with Sky Sports 1-4 and other sports channels.

Only if the sport was on the channels included on freesat. You can access the on demand services such as BBC iplayer, 4OD, ITV player ect. So for example say a champions league game was on ITV and you missed it you could watch with 7 days. There is no access to sky sports though

I cancelled my sky tv after the last price increase, we had the full package including hd and multi room. It never got to the turn off date and I had a call to stay. I got the pack at just over half price for a year, £10 for a new hd box and a sky wireless connector so my box does not need to be plugged into my phone line to get on demand.

I dont have sky, as 5 channels of **** is enough, lol

I'm with you, though we do have youview. My kids are horrified when I tell them when I was their age we only had 3 channels OMG!!! "What did you do when there was nothing on to watch?2 they ask

my reply we played and wait for it talked to each other - shocking.

Cancelled my Sky 2 years ago now and used freeview and started to read more/do more shooting as most TV is repeats and what isnt is a bit moronic.

Sky still ask me to re-sign but their service is **** and Rupert Murdock isnt my idea of a nice guy - hell will freeze over before I re-sign.

BT payed more than Sky thought ' reasonable" for football rights - last time it was Sky - £900M just for football rights for 3/5 years - bit like energy prices so I'll cut wood and read and feel so much better than paying for mind-numbing drivel.