Wellies for shooting ?

raphael262

Le Chameau neoprene lined wellies are amazing quality adn I actually where them a lot when walking the dog instead of my walking boots because they are just more comfortable. Mine are the ones with the zip up the side, they are a bit more than 200 quid but I wouldn't buy anything else.

Best in my opinion are Le chameau I've had the same pair for 7 odd years and still going strong there used everyday all year and through the shooting season, everybody on the shoots I go on wear Le chameau boots so that's good enough for me......

Edited by tigger

How do people find these neoprene wellies when it warms up a bit? Too hot or ok?

I found my Chameau neoprene wellies to be way too sweaty to be worn all year round. Ideal for really cold days though, and very comfortable. When it came to buy a new pair I opted for leather-lined and haven't looked back.

Aigle Parcours Prestige, full leather lined and found a company (can't remember the name) that has them almost £100 off, so within your budget at £175

Being leather lined you don't swear in the summer in them.

Very comfy, calf size option and full length zip.

If you're interested I'll find the company again.

Edited by Cosd

Aigle Parcours Prestige, full leather lined and found a company (can't remember the name) that has them almost £100 off, so within your budget at £175

Yep +1 on the above

Aigles are the best boots on the market leagues above all others and designed to last for years!

If you could find the company that would be amazing because I was looking at them but thought they were too expensive but for £175 that's good

Gotta say I love my Muck Boot Tay Sport!!Stunning Wellies IMO.

+1. Can't fault mine three years in. Worth buying the sport with the thicker soles. More comfortable and last longer. The standard sole wears outs before the rest of the boot does.

I wouldn't give a thought to appearances on driven days. As long as they're not bright red or Kermit the frog boots no-one will notice or care.

I wear hunter balmoral neoprene the only thing is my feet do sweat as they do get very warm in them I wear them on driven days and so do a lot of syndicate members. A lot better value for money in my opinion anything over £100 for wellies is just stupid at the end of the day it's only green rubber no matter what make Dunlop can knock wellies out for a £10 so that shows how much we are getting ripped off.

I wear hunter balmoral neoprene the only thing is my feet do sweat as they do get very warm in them I wear them on driven days and so do a lot of syndicate members. A lot better value for money in my opinion anything over £100 for wellies is just stupid at the end of the day it's only green rubber no matter what make Dunlop can knock wellies out for a £10 so that shows how much we are getting ripped off.

I don't think its stupid, some people have more money than sense and others like me have flat feet :lol:

Cheap shoes or shoes that don't fit make my life miserable so whilst most of my clothing is falling apart I don't mess around when it comes to a good pair of shoes or wellies :good:

If you could find the company that would be amazing because I was looking at them but thought they were too expensive but for £175 that's good

I can't see a seperate listing for the Prestige on his adds, but he showing them.

Try calling him, hopefully if he still is selling them and the price is the same.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FIELD-AND-STREAM-UK?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Or Call Andy on 01902 653 445

Le chamea vatna.

A nice compromise between a walking boot and a welly boot.

They won't get trashed walking through Brambles like rubber boots do either....

http://raq214.uk2.net/index.php?p=cart_products&pid=351&prodname=Vatna

do you know anywhere where i can try a boot like this because i dont really want to buy them online

I found my Chameau neoprene wellies to be way too sweaty to be worn all year round. Ideal for really cold days though, and very comfortable. When it came to buy a new pair I opted for leather-lined and haven't looked back.

Muck boots do the job....

But which ones ? Do you recommend any

Edited by raphael262