Political Correctness

scorpius

During my employment with one of the London Boroughs the following memo was sent to all departments for immediate attention from senior executive, in future the following terms shall be used," manholes" new ref inspection covers (sexist) "blue prints" new ref engineers drawing (political connotations) the term "nitty gritty"

shall not be used because this originates from the days of the slave trade and is unacceptable today, black coffee shall be referred to as coffee without milk, failure to comply with this memo will result in reprimand or possible dismissal. The thought of it still bugs me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of ****? Is the coffee black? Yes! So it's black bloody coffee. If folk were to call it ****** coffee then fair do's!

Yes but even that work is widely and commonly used by a certain group of people, I have to say the slave trade was wrong and barbaric and it is wrong to judge people by race alone but come on the slave trade was abolished 200 years ago the people who complain have not been affected by it and if 90% (or what ever) of crime was committed by white youths the police should stop and search a proportionate amount of this demographic ......... Don't get me started .... Not that I will get chance this thread is not gonna last, lol

Why do you think the whole political correctness is urban myth

I'm sure there are the odd instances of PC madness. Just not anywhere near as many as some would have us believe.

If you were to google the terms used in the original post with respect to memo's at work it probably won't surprise you that the first (and only) reference seems to be this thread! Go figure.

I'm sure there are the odd instances of PC madness. Just not anywhere near as many as some would have us believe.

If you were to google the terms used in the original post with respect to memo's at work it probably won't surprise you that the first (and only) reference seems to be this thread! Go figure.

That could also make it more believable

If it was just pub chat or daily mail it would have been retold hundreds of times on the net