BASC logo removed

gunsmoke

Why has the BASC's logo been removed from the front page of the Lead Ammunition Group web site that they run?

After Defra staff no longer ran the secretariat it was past back to the LAG for them to run it themselves, BASC took this over.

BASC run the Lead Ammunition Group web site and the secretariat for the Lead Ammunition Group.

Why has their logo been removed?

Are BASC no longer a member of the LAG?

OR

Is BASC trying to remove links to this group before the final report comes out?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunsmoke! My old conspiacy theorist mate! So good to see you`re back.

I`ve been using steel shot through my wildfowling gun for years and it does not have the slightest shot-caused damage to it`s barrel, whatsoever! Just like thousands of other wildfowlers have discovered! I just felt the need to get that in before you start off on another mindless rant about steel shot and BASC.

Like Gordon say,why don`t you take the trouble to ask BASC? That way you will get the definitive answer and you won`t have to waste your, and our, time on another confused and directionless diatribe about your views on BASC.

Where is Elvis these days? Hope you don`t mind me asking but I was sure you`d know.

I think we should be fair about this.

If it was PW policy that no one should ask a question (or just be plain critical of for that matter) on PW that could be better answered by a body, organisation or whatever/whichever to which the subject related the number of posts/day would shrink by a very large percentage.

A question has been asked and received nothing less than a vitriolic reply from mudpatten who is only entitled to an opinion on the same footing as the OP as no such ruling as detailed above exists. Like all of the other questions that should, perhaps be aimed elsewhere, but never-the-less receive, in the main, sensible answers, why should this be any different. After all, it is an interesting question and I for one would be interested in the answer.

If it was PW policy that no one should ask a question (or just be plain critical of for that matter) on PW that could be better answered by a body, organisation or whatever/whichever to which the subject related the number of posts/day would shrink by a very large percentage.

A question has been asked and received nothing less than a vitriolic reply from mudpatten who is only entitled to an opinion on the same footing as the OP as no such ruling as detailed above exists. Like all of the other questions that should, perhaps be aimed elsewhere, but never-the-less receive, in the main, sensible answers, why should this be any different. After all, it is an interesting question and I for one would be interested in the answer.

Very well put sir, I too am interested in the answer or reasoning behind this.

:good:

andrew

The LAG is not a BASC group, and is not run by BASC, it never was and never has been. It is a DEFRA group.

Yes we have a member of staff to take minutes but they have no other roles and are not involved in the reports or research. The Chairman is no longer employed by BASC since he retired, consequently BASC do not have any active role in the group and consequently it would be wrong for our logo to be on the LAG web site.

As I understand it the research has been done its now a matter of the group putting together its formal report.

David

Guest cookoff013

The LAG is not a BASC group, and is not run by BASC, it never was and never has been. It is a DEFRA group.

Yes we have a member of staff to take minutes but they have no other roles and are not involved in the reports or research. The Chairman is no longer employed by BASC since he retired, consequently BASC do not have any active role in the group and consequently it would be wrong for our logo to be on the LAG web site.

As I understand it the research has been done its now a matter of the group putting together its formal report.

David

when is the report expected....... i am concerned.

No idea when the long awaited report will be published, it does seem to be dragging its feet a bit! I would think the report would have to be out in the first half on 2014, to give the current parliament time to do something (if indeed DEFRA decide that something has to be done based on the report - they could of course decide to do nothing at all).

What is most important though is compliance with the current regulations - like it or not its the law, and if as many have said we as the shooting community want the regulations changed to something that's more practical then we must show high compliance with the current laws. This will put us in a very strong position. Failure to comply will mean we will not be in a position to ask for any change, its as simple as that, regardless of what the LAG report says and what DEFRA decide to do.

David

Edited by David BASC

David

was the Basc logo on the Lead Ammunition Group website?,

andrew

The last meeting minutes I read mentioned that they were delaying releasing their report until the 'risk mitigation' aspect had been agreed, or words to that effect. I think thats a pretty sensible approach given that the report is likely to make difficult reading and without having a mitigation plan in place, certain groups will jump on the report and use it to further their aims and demand action etc. In other words, there's not point releasing a document about the risks of lead in the environment without being very clear about how the group propose to mitigate those risks.

No idea when the long awaited report will be published, it does seem to be dragging its feet a bit! I would think the report would have to be out in the first half on 2014, to give the current parliament time to do something (if indeed DEFRA decide that something has to be done based on the report - they could of course decide to do nothing at all).

What is most important though is compliance with the current regulations - like it or not its the law, and if as many have said we as the shooting community want the regulations changed to something that's more practical then we must show high compliance with the current laws. This will put us in a very strong position. Failure to comply will mean we will not be in a position to ask for any change, its as simple as that, regardless of what the LAG report says and what DEFRA decide to do.

David

Absolutely!! As always the actions of a group of selfish shooters who seem to believe they are above the law is ruining shooting sports for everyone.. Thanks for nothing folks!

Edited by MartynGT4

David

I never said the LAG was a BASC group. I did not say it was run by BASC.

I said "BASC run the Lead Ammunition Group web site and the secretariat for the Lead Ammunition Group."

BASC has NO "active role on the group". I understand BASC are still paying John Swift for his work on the LAG?

Andrew, yes the logo was on the LAG web site when John Swift, the Chairman, was a member of BASC staff . He has now retired and BASC no longer have an active member of staff in a position in the group other than the ex-officio role of secretary.

Does this mean that BASC hasn't any kind of representation on this group (which could alter shooting in a very negative manner)?