parakeets

top shot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame on Andy Crow I say won't be many around if people keep shooting them. Got to draw the line somewhere Gentlemen.

i understand your feelings mate, i sometimes feel the same way about jay's. however as any good birdwatcher will tell you these parakeets are a magpie in green clothes and will readily take birds eggs etc. where the numbers are vast they do need to be controlled.

simple as that.

aga man.

Shame on Andy Crow I say won't be many around if people keep shooting them. Got to draw the line somewhere Gentlemen.

SR, you've obviously not seen them in action :no: ,,,,,,,,,

i understand your feelings mate, i sometimes feel the same way about jay's. however as any good birdwatcher will tell you these parakeets are a magpie in green clothes and will readily take birds eggs etc. where the numbers are vast they do need to be controlled.

simple as that.

aga man.

,,,,,,,, Like aga man said :good: Definitely not a nice green parrot !!!

They are an aggressively invasive species and if allowed to become widespread they could irrevocably alter the balance of native species. They are nice to look at though and I can't say I'd shoot one if I saw it, but if there was 1000s around here I would probably change my mind.