Any new hobbies for the new year?

Boromir

Am just looking into stained glass work, cannot wait to get going

I was a professional stained glass artist and glass engraver for 30 yrs. Be warned, it is very addictive. Pearson's in Liverpool have good stocks.

If it's possible visit Kimbolton Church in Cambridgeshire. There's a genuine Tiffany window there. Be naughty and step over the barrier so you can look up the face of the window and appreciate the folds in the drapery glass. It's constructed in three layers so the light defracts though the glass.

http://standrew-kimbolton.org.uk/?page_id=11

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get back into photography in the new year. Back in the day I used to have my own darkroom, and spent hours in there developing and printing all my own stuff. Much easier now with digital cameras and photoshop!!

Am going to give taxidermy a go too.... :good:

all my darkroom stuff is up in the loft, when you think about it cost a fortune at the time . now all we do is press a few buttons on the key pad and hey presto

all my darkroom stuff is up in the loft, when you think about it cost a fortune at the time . now all we do is press a few buttons on the key pad and hey presto

I've a full Pentax SLR set-up sitting in the attic, the flash gun alone cost a week's salary! :o

It'll never see the light of day again, I just can't bring myself to chuck it all out. :no:

My new hobby will be weaning myself off all these drugs I'm on. Laid up with slipped disc and syatica. Naproxen, codine and diazepam. Don't even touch the pain. Anyone know anything I can do or take up to stop this from happening again. I get bad backs quite a lot as my right leg is 20mm shorter than my left. Just been given a heel lift. My back went just becouse I stayed in a different bed for one night.

My 'darkroom' was more of a cupboard lol. Compact and bijou.

True story. I once saw a set of estate agents details about a house owned by an amateur photographer. What they meant to put on the details was "small darkroom".

What they actually typed was "small dark room". It read completely differently.... :|

My new hobby will be weaning myself off all these drugs I'm on. Laid up with slipped disc and syatica. Naproxen, codine and diazepam. Don't even touch the pain. Anyone know anything I can do or take up to stop this from happening again. I get bad backs quite a lot as my right leg is 20mm shorter than my left. Just been given a heel lift. My back went just becouse I stayed in a different bed for one night.

If the drugs don't touch the pain, don't take them. When i have a patient with sciatica, they get referred to OT and it seems to be the best solution.

Been back to docs to day got tramadol to take instead of codine. What is it please cheers

Sorry meant to say what is ot

Been there and still am with the back

Tramadol was very good for me but am now on Oxycontin

I think OT may be Occupational therapy?, but I'm probably wrong

:shaun:

Not this time Shaun - chalk it up it's Yule

Probably be ADL (activities of daily living) checks and help - no more basket weaving, jigsaws and woolly bunnies (Dons tin hat in case any OT readers on here but it did wind up SWMBO who was one :whistling::innocent::lol:

It is indeed Occupational Therapy, it seems to work pretty well to get sciatica suffers more mobile.

Been back to docs to day got tramadol to take instead of codine. What is it please cheers

Sorry meant to say what is ot

Have you ever had morphine before? If not be very careful as Tramadol is powerful analgesic similar to morphine and some people can be allergic to it. I myself have severe hypersensitivity to Tramadol and that results in severe sickness and hallucinations, so be very careful. :good:

no but im giving one up! iv just turned 30 and iv decided to hang up my leathers. my motorbike will be up for sale in the spring. iv had my license since i was 21 and most people that know me cant believe iv not had a big accident, especially on track days. iv seen some very close friends have very bad accidents.

Iv had an amazing time on my bikes but im starting to get scarred now.

i do fancy a v8 now though anybody on here with a monaro?

Buy a Boss Hoss man!

BHC3LS445_1.jpg

Edited by secretagentmole

I was a professional stained glass artist and glass engraver for 30 yrs. Be warned, it is very addictive. Pearson's in Liverpool have good stocks.

If it's possible visit Kimbolton Church in Cambridgeshire. There's a genuine Tiffany window there. Be naughty and step over the barrier so you can look up the face of the window and appreciate the folds in the drapery glass. It's constructed in three layers so the light defracts though the glass.

http://standrew-kimbolton.org.uk/?page_id=11

Thanks very much for that pal didn't know there was somewhere so close to me

no but im giving one up! iv just turned 30 and iv decided to hang up my leathers. my motorbike will be up for sale in the spring. iv had my license since i was 21 and most people that know me cant believe iv not had a big accident, especially on track days. iv seen some very close friends have very bad accidents.

Iv had an amazing time on my bikes but im starting to get scarred now.

i do fancy a v8 now though anybody on here with a monaro?

You could get a Millyard Viper - a bike with an 8 litre V10 from a Dodge Viper.