too much whiskey

darren m

i,ve got 3 bottles of jack ( yuk ) here all presents and a famous grouse ( yum )

also got a honey infused jack and its lovely ( nearly all gone )

if i drink it all i,ll be dead

so what can i mix with it and put into storage for a couple of months , to make it taste more palatable

can i add honey to the other jack D , would it take

any other recieps welcome

i,ve got 3 bottles of jack ( yuk ) here all presents and a famous grouse ( yum )

so what can i mix with it and put into storage for a couple of months , to make it taste more palatable

I see you're in notts too, if I give you my address you can pop it round to me?

Post it too me.

Or, stick it in some Vanilla Coke.

I was very lucky, and got an Aberlour, old Poultney, and a singleton 15 year

Ok, dad is away with the singleton, and reports are that it is excellent, i hope to try it next visit. The Aberlour is splendid, and i am enjoying it tonight, with a drop of water.

I am a fan of the speyside whisky, it is mild and smooth.

Happy new year folks, make sure you have a glass of the good stuff for the bells!

I'd mix it with the drain

Aldis....1 frozen pack of summer fruits.......(Blackberries, Rasperries, redcurrants ) .1lb of sugar..............pour the lot into a kilner jar and empty the bottle of JD into it..............1 month later ready to drink.....the longer you leave it the better it gets but I find 1 month is enough for my taste.

Couple of tins of as a blackberries in syrup, not apple juice. 2 time in a clean pan and two heaped tablespoons of sugar. Simmer most of the liquid off, allow to cool and then add to your whiskey. Leave for a couple of months.

Filter with coffee filters and drink.

that sound favourite so far

Also i was wondering if i could put a jar of warmed up clear honey in one bottle , and leave it for a few months .

would it go off and would it mix ok ,or do you need to add other things to bind it etc

thanks

Edited by darren m

I was very lucky, and got an Aberlour, old Poultney, and a singleton 15 year

Ok, dad is away with the singleton, and reports are that it is excellent, i hope to try it next visit. The Aberlour is splendid, and i am enjoying it tonight, with a drop of water.

I am a fan of the speyside whisky, it is mild and smooth.

Happy new year folks, make sure you have a glass of the good stuff for the bells!

Funny enough I had them 3 as well. and a whiskey glass, like i needed one of them.lol.

Just came down the stairs from last night and i had them 3, all the bottles seem to be empty. opps.

that sound favourite so far

Also i was wondering if i could put a jar of warmed up clear honey in one bottle , and leave it for a few months .

would it go off and would it mix ok ,or do you need to add other things to bind it etc

thanks

Im not keen on honey so don't use it. to much like a mead to me. stick with the bramble whiskey, you will be hooked.

the mixed fruit one is ok in whiskey but better in vodka or gin.

i wait until the supermarkets down the prices and then frozen raspberries in to the vacuum jar with a couple of litres of vodka. 3 weeks its ok but needs 6 weeks to taste. in normal jars weeks are months as the fruit sugars need to back down and infuse. you might as well put fruit cordial into the spirit if only drinking after a couple of weeks.

Funny enough I had them 3 as well. and a whiskey glass, like i needed one of them.lol.

Just came down the stairs from last night and i had them 3, all the bottles seem to be empty. opps.

Im not keen on honey so don't use it. to much like a mead to me. stick with the bramble whiskey, you will be hooked.

the mixed fruit one is ok in whiskey but better in vodka or gin.

i wait until the supermarkets down the prices and then frozen raspberries in to the vacuum jar with a couple of litres of vodka. 3 weeks its ok but needs 6 weeks to taste. in normal jars weeks are months as the fruit sugars need to back down and infuse. you might as well put fruit cordial into the spirit if only drinking after a couple of weeks.

Using the frozen berries is a lot quicker as the juice releases easily as the freezing process has broken it the fruit down a little.

At 4 weeks its great to my taste....by 6 weeks its becoming far too sweet....adjust the sugar levels a bit I suppose but I'm happy with what I've got.

If you like it then thats all that matters :good:

I have just been playing with the damson gin, i used frozen damsons for it from last year. it tastes cack, lol. fruit tasted off. the plums are the same. so lesson learnt by me there i think. :| i will add vanilla pod and sloes to see it it will come back drinkable because at the moment its only good for loo cleaner. :blush::no::sad1: