Gay floods?

hedd-wyn

He is airing his view, his right of speech and belief, what he is saying is reflected in the bible which he obviously believes as do many millions of people around the world including myself, he is not holding back and giving the flowery version that people accept in the odd wedding, funeral or christening that they go to, I bet if more ministers spoke like this guy churches would be packed, this is my opinion yet I do not slate or condemn you for yours

I've no issue with people holding any opinion, but someone seeking election to spout this , is at best naive . I want UKIP to be successful at the next election, I'll certainly be voting for them - but this type of nonsense really isn't helpful to the cause.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Christian, do you believe that gay marriages were to blame for the floods?

I believe he has taken this as literal where as the bible needs to be read in context, the passage relates to mankind turning away from God and the results are as he described and well documented in the book of revelation, man was meant to marry a woman hence Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve :)

I believe he has taken this as literal where as the bible needs to be read in context, the passage relates to mankind turning away from God and the results are as he described and well documented in the book of revelation, man was meant to marry a woman hence Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve :)

I suppose you believe the earth is 6000 years old as well :lol:

Edited by truflex

Head above the parapet time - It is narrow interpretations of religious scrips of all religions written by man in the past, by fundamentalists of those religions that is causing most of the trouble in the world at the moment. These scripts were originally written to control the illiterate members of said groups by a priestly hierarchy to the way they wanted things to be done.

To say they are the words of a god are tantamount to saying "my fairy is better than your fairy".

Undoubtedly, I think all religious nuttery of this sort should be kept in private,

Ah I see.

So all religious 'nuttery' should be kept private, yet it's ok for two blokes to get married to each other and shout it from the rooftops?

That's ok in your book is it?

Ah I see.

So all religious 'nuttery' should be kept private, yet it's ok for two blokes to get married to each other and shout it from the rooftops?

That's ok in your book is it?

I'm talking specifically about an individual who is seeking election as an mp. What is the point of that individual clouding the water with beliefs that quite frankly would seem absurd to the majority.

UKIPs strength IMHO is maintaining a focus on core issues that most people ( across the political , social and religious divides ) can relate to, that are quite frankly being shirked by the mainstream parties - what sense does it make to detract from this with beliefs that most find laughable?

Edit - yes, I do think religion should be separated from democracy .

Edited by pegasus bridge

I'm talking specifically about an individual who is seeking election as an mp. What is the point of that individual clouding the water with beliefs that quite frankly would seem absurd to the majority.

You could argue that the majority could find it absurd that two men would want to get married? Of course in the total opposite of free speech the majority keep quiet for fear of upsetting the few who wish to tread that path.

I don't think one man's personally held religious views (whatever his job) are any less important than the views of the gay community.

Some believe in God, others believe in Bob :oops: Live and let live, but let's face it, the gay community are very vociferous about their cause, and woe betide anyone who tries to put them down. It's just a shame that Christians don't seem to get the same protection.

Edited by poontang

You could argue that the majority could find it absurd that two men would want to get married? Of course in the total opposite of free speech the majority keep quiet for fear of upsetting the few who wish to tread that path.

I don't think one man's personally held religious views (whatever his job) are any less important than the views of the gay community.

Some believe in God, others believe in Bob :oops: Live and let live, but let's face it, the gay community are very vociferous about their cause, and woe betide anyone who tries to put them down. It's just a shame that Christians don't seem to get the same protection.

I'm sure you could, like I said - I want UKIP to gain ground, and this isn't helpful. The same majority of peolple who don't like gays getting married, would probably still judge a man who ascribed floods because of this a loon.

Party has yet to mature and attract enough quality people to run the country, best hope is a co with Cons IMO- outright victory could be a disaster next time election

Quality people like Ed Millipede, Ed Balls up or Gordon 'end of boom and bust & sell all the gold' Brown?

if we all came from adam and eve wouldnt that mean there was a bit of incest going on?

mate of mine went to Iceland recently, he couldn't believe this an app to make sure you don't have sex with your cousin, evidently its quite common as they all came across relatively recently, :hmm: Christ something like this would put a serious dampener on your average night out in Lincolnshire :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24304415

So, I'm a Christian, have been for many years, and I've got to be honest, I found this loon hilarious. The saddest thing for me is he's a South Oxfordshire Councillor. I worry more about what it says about politicians in my district than it does of my faith :whistling:

For the record, we had Boris Johnson too.

We're not all nutters over here!

There is plenty of theological stuff I could write here, you can PM me if you really want it! but no the bible makes no such claim about God judging failing Christian nations. This is easily proved: There were not Christian nations in the bible. It NEVER refers to believers as a nation - falling away or otherwise. They're always referred either by the term church in a particular area, or simply as believers. It makes it abundantly clear that the Gospel is not about a particular nation or country, it goes way beyond that.

As a Christian, do I agree with him? nope! After all, this clown tells us that there were worse floods before the marriage act. (worst storms in 60 years? so before those 60 years presumably there were worse ones) and he's obviously forgotten The Plague, the Great Fire of London and that great demonstration of a 'Christian Nation' the bloodthirsty and murderous Crusades.

Not all Christians believe what this guys is saying, especially ones that haven't just pulled quotations out of thin air because they sound inflammatory in the media. (cynical? moi??)

I can only apologise for our politicians this way! Truly we are. We shouldn't have let the loon out of his cage, so if someone does find a stray Boris, Henley-on-Thames will despatch vets to tranquillise him and get him back :)

Edited by chrisjpainter