hmmmmm CG or MK38?

HDAV

OK i have seen a couple of guns in the hemisphere of my budget, 32" MK38 grade 1 or 32" CG summit, both used i know the MK38 is the more reliable gun, i shoot a 525 at the moment. Looking for a trap gun, both MC neither adjustable stocks. Both a drive away so, buy RFD to RFD and hope? Drive 4-5h round trip (opposite directions) to try them? If so which one?

Or stick an adjustable trap stock on 525?

Just to be clear this isn't about need, its want, I want to buy another gun, (have ulterior motive) but i'm not having much luck finding one.......So of these 3 options which to go for?

A Miroku Trap gun would be easier to sell on if you find you don't get on with it as they've long been thought of as the best value for money gun for ESP as well as Trap games. The CG's reputation is improving almost daily and it's likely to be as good a purchase too, but their actions are considered to be slim profile as opposed to the lumpier Miroku, which do you prefer ? I buy guns unseen all the time but have found a couple of CG's I handled had very long trigger to finger reaches which felt odd, almost uncomfortable, others have remarked the same so can't just be me.

If they're priced the same then the CG would be worth a punt in my view.

Edited by Hamster

I haven't shot one and the one I was looking has gone as has the MK38..... Too slow again! I've only shot the 525 for the last 3 years so I'm not exactly sure I prefer it, it fits and I'm capable of breaking clays with it. Just not as often as I would like to rarely shoot a straight! The rather limited choice of LH guns is an issue the answer is I need to try shooting one wonder if guerini are doing any demo days?

There was an adjustable stock for a browning Miroku on Guntrader or Gunstar the other week for not to much.

May open up you options and help you sell when that time comes.

I've got an Miroku 7000 trap for sale but it's a righty

Seen a couple of stocks, having another gun would be handy at the mo as I have a mate who comes with me who is also LH and waiting for SGC to arrive but has no funds to buy. Having 2 would allow us to shoot on the same line in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i have ended up with a 3800... the balance is stunning feels very light in the shoulder and very pointable despite being longer and heavier than the 525. Still want to get my hands on a LH CG trap when i can and give it a go. But so far very pleased.....