X BOX and grown men

Davyo

Sat in a cafe earlier today and opposite was two couples,the two grown men who looked about in their early / mid thirties talked passionately about cod ghosts or something.What is it with grown men and and gaming?I can understand someone in their late teens but grown men leaves me mystified.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 36 and I play C.O.D so do a lot of my mates of the same age and older. Have you ever tried it ? I only started a few years ago when my Mrs started working nights and it does get addictive though I haven't played too much recently due to having other things to do in the eves.

Gamings nay my thing but Mac got COD Ghosts for his Xbox360 and for the past month ive had quite a few shots on it and its pretty good.He made it look easy but when i go on im complete and utter keech so im a "camper" now apparently and im happy if my kills are better than deaths and doubt ill get any better.Can see how folk would get really into it especially if they are good.

Edited by sako751sg

If your in your mid to late 30s you grew up during the computer / console revolution so there are a fairly high amount of that age group that still game frequently at least its a bit interactive unlike staring at the TV for hours on end.

If your in your mid to late 30s you grew up during the computer / console revolution so there are a fairly high amount of that age group that still game frequently at least its a bit interactive unlike staring at the TV for hours on end.

Spot on, I remember in 79/80 my dad brought home one of thise wood veneer Ataris, i've been gaming ever since, to me it's something that i've grown up with and has always been there.

ok well I'm 24, I play it quite abit online with friends but it is a LAST case scenario, if I havnt been paid, it's raining, iv walked the dog, nothing on tv, I will then switch it on and spend the next hour having my **** handed to me by you teens with faster reactions than mine lol I know a few older blokes that play it at work, seems to me that once there wife is in the bath, kids are asleep and football is over they switch on grand theft auto/cod and just loose themselves for the next 2 hours and chill out. I'm no gamer, but do like to plot up as a sniper on call of duty and pop some people off lol don't know why but just somthing to do.

I always liked computer games, I remember playing games on the Spectrum, the Vic 20 and Commodore 64.

I read the other day that gaming is so mainstream nowadays it's going to overtake movies (maybe it already has) as a revenue earner.

I wonder how many people tut at Xboxes or PS3s as they divert themselves with Candy Crush or Angry Birds.

It's here to stay and a mult billion pound industry.

Sat in a cafe earlier today and opposite was two couples,the two grown men who looked about in their early / mid thirties talked passionately about cod ghosts or something.What is it with grown men and and gaming?I can understand someone in their late teens but grown men leaves me mystified.

I'd rather listen to a couple of guys chatting about computer games than football!

IM 41 this year and i play on my boys xbox quite a bit on mw3 and ghosts with them and usually get my **** kicked. One game i do like and am not to bad at is sniper 2 ghost warrior, its not quite as full on as the cod games as you are all snipers. IM no gaming expert but i think it is a very good sniper game. Usually if you do get an **** kicking its not usually someone barley in there teens as it tends to be older people play it.

Edited by shootnfish