missing plane

digger

They said two things on the TV this morning the first was that it could have landed on land in china or some other country and that the powers that be now a lot more than they are saying could it be that it is being held for ransom somewhere probably wrong but it it is food for thought.

The thing that surprises me the most is with all of the Satellites looking down on us it seems strange to me that something like this can happen but then again do they now a lot more that they are telling us only time will tell.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It could be that everyone on board was overcome with some sort of gas which knocked them all out, like carbon monoxide. I'm not talking terrorism here but an actual accident.

I think this happened a few years ago over America. Fighter jets were scrambled and reported that everyone on the plane including the pilot look as though they were asleep. I think the plane just flew until it ran out of fuel. See links of similar events below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash

So how do you explain the transponder being switched off? No mayday call? Even if a sudden depressurisation happened at 35,000ft, the pilots would have several seconds of cognitive ability plus the oxygen masks would have dropped. Accident + no foul play = mayday call. And certainly no transponder switch off.

No source of noxious gases on a 777 as the engine bleed air is not used to power the aircon system as in some other aircraft.

New information confirms these devices are indeed swichcoffable, I just find it incredible that a hijacker can effectively cloak the craft with the flick of a switch ! The other thing I don't understand is how come jet fighters flying at twice the speed and a tenth of the size need to fly low to avoid radar detection or how the Stealth had to have specially shaped panels to be undetectable, yet a jumbo has left no traceable trail ! Surely not all its route would have been over barren seas.

It's to do with line of sight - curvature of the earth means that below a certain altitude radar simply doesn't work. Stealth technology was developed for high altitude applications (surveillance or bombing). Flying low will avoid radar detection (and prevent transponder functionality) because you're 'hiding under the duvet' so to speak.

Another factor I wouldn't rule out is incompetance by the Malaysian military ATC like not spotting this plane - there's stuff they aren't sharing. There might be security as well as cultural embarrassment issues at play here too.

Latest is plane tracked for a further 7 hours after they lost radio contact and was heading towards a couple of dodgy ex-USSR countries so suggestion is strongly in favour of hijacking. A lot of very ******-off countries who have committed huge resources searching for plane when Malaysia knew it was elsewhere. Hope for relatives however.

If I was unfortunate enough to be on this plane,I would hope that the powers that be were doing everything possible to bring about a speedy conclusion to this apparent hijacking. I most certainly wouldn't want the true information splashed all over the internet where this could aid the hijackers or indeed future hijackers .If ever a situation for a blackout on published data was needed this is it..from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

So the plot, unlike the wifes gravy, thickens.

If it is a hijack, where are the demands? It's all getting very strange. It seems the only thing we can be sure of at this point is that it's probably going to get a lot stranger before it's done.

They may have made demands, it may be kept quiet for security reasons and the search just a cover up. All strange. I think it may have been hijacked but crashed landing out somewhere, or there is active negotiations taking place and we are kept in the dark. Iv got over 2000 hours in various aircraft and I can't believe an aircraft that size can go missing with no data, sat or radar info. Something is not adding up and we don't have the full story that's for sure. Why did they take so long to admit it went off course....

It needs a minimum 1.5 mile long runway to land safely.

Desert, salt planes, old river beds, plenty of places they could attempt to land it, not saying it's going to be successful, but I don't think an active airport would be on the plan, would have been found. Be interesting when all the facts come out. I also think a lot of radar info is being kept quiet so nations don't disclose their defense capabilities.

It hasn't crashed on land, that would have been found within hours if not minutes by locals who'd have then splashed it all over the internet using social media.

It hasn't landed in a remote airfield as that too would have attracted attention, it's much more likely to have landed in a normal airport where seven days ago its arrival wouldn't have looked out of place.

They may have made demands, it may be kept quiet for security reasons and the search just a cover up. All strange. I think it may have been hijacked but crashed landing out somewhere, or there is active negotiations taking place and we are kept in the dark. Iv got over 2000 hours in various aircraft and I can't believe an aircraft that size can go missing with no data, sat or radar info. Something is not adding up and we don't have the full story that's for sure. Why did they take so long to admit it went off course....

I have over 20,000 hours and I totally agree with you.

We are not being told the whole story.