Barrel length 30 or 32

xmarksmanx

If you like it and it fits buy it. If after you think it's a bit long you can fit flush chokes if not fitted to loose best part of an inch and add extended chokes to a 30" if you want a bit more length.

I shoot lots of clays and like the 32" barrels but if I wanted a change of gun and I liked one with 30" barrels I'd buy it and use long chokes.

Figgy

Never shot a 32", but handled a beautiful beretta 682 gold e (with extended chokes fitted) over the weekend, and :yahoo: OMG :yahoo: i instantly fell in love with. tbh did'nt feel long what so ever, and swung beautifully and very well balanced. shame that he wanted £2300 for it :sad1:

but go with what ever you feel comfortable with :good:

I've just switched from 30" to 32" (Browning to Blaser) - and absolutely love it, I also tried a couple of Guerinis that were 32 and they were great too.

I find them much smoother to swing and easier to get the sight picture earlier - everyone will be different, but I'd say try them

I was shooting a Beretta 682 Golden E (Still am actually) which is 30" and have to agree with Simon, it's an amazing gun. However, I have now just brought the new Beretta 692 with 32" barrells and this also handles like a dream. I'm not persoanally struggling with the difference and shoot both just aswell, so for me there is no difference. But like the guys above say, if you can try before you buy and see what suits and fits most comfortably, then do that.

I shot the new DT11 32" and didn't like it all, I personally (not speakign for anybopdy else or giving opinion), think it's more about gun fit and feel than length of the barrells for me.

I got told the 30 is a little more easier to sell than the 32 so I went for that but if you really like the 32 then go for it.

Was that by someone selling a 30"? Longer barrels are "in vogue" 32"/33"/34"! not just clay guns but game too!

I had a Browning Ultra xs 30" which even if I say so, shot rather well with, (by my standards)

I decided to upgrade for no other reason than I could and needed to treat myself after a bad couple of years

Bought an Ultra xs Prestige 32", I shot ok with it, lovely gun, but not to the standards I used to shoot my old gun to

12 months later I found for sale completely by chance my original gun

I now own my original Ultra xs 30" once again and parted with the prestige.

The lesson here is, keep what your happy with, dont change for changes sake!

If you're upgrading to something better then fair enough

I was £450 out of pocket but happier with my new/old gun, just picking it back up again felt right.

I went from 30" to 32" and now back to 30".....

:shaun:

Without being funny if you have to ask it is unlikely to make any difference to your shooting.

The vast majority of us are actually commonly using the wrong gun for our application, but we tend to get by fine, it isn't until you really start to move up the ladder you get picky and particular and precious about your gun, in an attempt to get that small extra % more from it.

If it fits and feels comfortable to you give it a go! :good:

I got told the 30 is a little more easier to sell than the 32

May have been true 10 years ago but these days it really it depends on the gun and the chosen purpose. With the modern Italian & German O/Us intended for sporting and FITASC, 32s would be easier to sell; possibly true also for a Miroku MK38 or B725, but the traditional Brownings are pretty heavy up front in 30" never mind 32s.

Most of the newer generation of sporting clays O/U have lighter barrels than earlier models and a growing number of people prefer the feel of a quick handling, agile and responsive gun with smooth moving 32" barrels.

I would say if you have only been at it a couple of months 30" would be ideal for you

It's probably what the majority of shooters start of with

Then move up to 32" or longer later on

A 32" gun does handle differently to a 30"

I shot with 30" barrels for about 25 years and would be quite happy to still

Regards

R33SY