Krieghoff Fitting

SirDread

Morning all

Currently exploring the purchase of a K80 pro rib sporter and had a session with one last week that really inspired me to make the purchase. Having come away to consider my options and potential configuration I got talking to a friend about it. He's a very skilled and experienced shooter and has assertively recommended getting the gun fitted by krieghoff for the sake of a weekend in Germany.

Now I know Perazzi do a free fitting service if you go to their factory but I have found nothing in the same vain for Krieghoff. Any owners out there that have done just this and been to the factory for fitting ?

I can afford a Krieghoff and I can afford to take a pointless trip to Germany for a factory fitting - as insisted upon by a friend with less sense than knowledge, but why would I want to waste the money? It's a talking point, but in the real world - just a bit silly.

look,If you tried one and got on really well with it,like the look of them and can afford it,if you have enough experiece to KNOW it's going to be a keeper.then that's enough of a reason to have it,I have seen a couple ,not shot but handled them,they are destintive and the weight seems nothing in the shoulder.as to if it's worth going to Germany???Yeah why not ,it's part of life rich experience.The recent Perazzi experience thread was well recieved,maybe you should do the same?guns are a personal thing,do what makes you feel good.

I spent a small fortune on a Perazzi recently ,fitted,overhauled etc,couldn't hit a thing with it?It doesn't always yeald results.However I have just bought a Fabarm STL high rib off the shelf and it's going so well I can't belive it's me pulling the trigger.finding the right gun is more important than how much etc,and I think you need experience to know what you need.

I spent a small fortune on a Perazzi recently ,fitted,overhauled etc,couldn't hit a thing with it?It doesn't always yeald results.However I have just bought a Fabarm STL high rib off the shelf and it's going so well I can't belive it's me pulling the trigger.finding the right gun is more important than how much etc,and I think you need experience to know what you need.

Glad your sorted

Sir Dread, did you start this thread in the hope of finding people to convince of your wisdom in choosing a Krieghoff?

OR to stop you from going down that route?

The German engineering is marvelous, but they are not pretty guns.

Hi Tightchoke

I had but a simple question that after trawling the web could not find a simple answer to.

I know Perazzi do a free fitting service if you go to their factory but I have found nothing in the same vain for Krieghoff. Any owners out there that have done just this and been to the factory for fitting ?

I have had a try day over in Wrexham and shot very well with the off the shelf gun at Fauxdegla however the point my friend was making is why would you buy such an expensive gun and not have it fit properly. Potters sell Perazzi's all day long but recommend the factory fitting and I thought Krieghoff would do something similar.