Mot certificate at post office for tax?

chady

It depends where you go they all seem to make up their own rules .

I once taxed a new to me car on the way home from buying it and they didn't want any documents except the little tear off slip from the v5 . The next time I taxed it at my local PO they wanted renewal notice , mot and insurance .

Why don't you do it on line it's simple . All you need is renewal reference number

It depends where you go they all seem to make up their own rules .

I once taxed a new to me car on the way home from buying it and they didn't want any documents except the little tear off slip from the v5 . The next time I taxed it at my local PO they wanted renewal notice , mot and insurance .

Why don't you do it on line it's simple . All you need is renewal reference number

+1 :yes:

IF car is insured and MOT'd do it online tonight you have 7 days grace for post if you apply before it expires (guess end of the month) once it gets to the 1st of the next month you have to go to PO or not drive/leave the car on the road without tax and can be done for not "sorn" as it will be without tax and not sorn....

IF car is insured and MOT'd do it online tonight you have 7 days grace for post if you apply before it expires (guess end of the month) once it gets to the 1st of the next month you have to go to PO or not drive/leave the car on the road without tax and can be done for not "sorn" as it will be without tax and not sorn....

my wife does mine on line (does has she's told ) no hassle

My mrs boss said do it online and you have 7 days grace.

I didn't beleave him thinking I'll get in a load of hassle.

But looked on the form and it,s 14 days!!

So just done it online and printed of confirmation to leave in car until disc arrives.

Thanks

When I bought my new car the other week it needed taxing so went in with all the paperwork mot insurance etc, girl behind the desk said she only needed small slip of V5 so all done very quickly. Doing it online i have always had the discs turn up in the post 2-3 days later.

If you want a real laugh though try taxing a vintage tractor at the post office with a moody attendant, for some reason he was adamant it needed and MOT or an MOT exemption form, fact it was an agricultural tractor and made in 1950 didnt seem to compute with that ignorant ****. Popped up the road to the other post office and all sorted out no problem.

Online is convenient, but supporting the local post office means it will be there in the future. Lots of PO's and sub-PO's closing down which is not good, particularly in smaller rural towns.

The actual tax disc is being discontinued later this year anyhow - it is a bit archaic, and clutters up the windscreen :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25223631

Isn't the actual tax disc going to become a thing of the past?

I agree about taxing on line; too much time wasted travelling and queing whilst some one check the several different ways of sending a parcel or waits whilst a passport form is checked, then starts to argue when they are advised that something is wrong.

webber

I always do it at my local post office for two reasons the first is I like to support them as so many of them have had to close down and every bit helps I also like to have the disc in my hand when I pay for it.

Use it or lose it, I always use my local post office.