Do you really want this lot

Fisherman Mike

of course its not in the ukip bag yet. ukip undoubtedly did well and do split the right wing vote at the same time. the left may well up its game now they see a serious threat and many voters who didnt bother may start to now worry about the rise in ukip and jump ship from smaller partys and turn out to vote and get behind labour to stop it. i think i can say for most of us this is the most lively politics has been for many years. the lead up to the general should be very interesting as i dont know about you but this general i think is one of the most important ones in recent years.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on you knockers admit you got it wrong? it seems labour voters departed their traitorous party as much as the cons and limp-wrists have, the man in the street has just sent a powerful message to the political elite, IE start representing us not yourselves, stop making me feel ashamed to say I am British and stop putting the majorities needs below those who shout and scream the most IE the minority groups, who believe everything should be skewed to them, and stop immigration without integration and genuine need,and if you dont like this message then FINGER TWIZZLE BARTLEBERRIES

happy days KW

KW, such a huge irony in the highlighted part of your last post. Despite the positive showing, UKIP are still very much a minority screaming and shouting, it would seem the majority think differently (at least on the basis of the local results so far declared). 5% of declared seats are UKIP, that is is very much a minority any way you care to look at it.

Edited by grrclark

I think after we get the results of the euro elections on Sunday the knives will be out. I'm happy to see Milipede and Balls stay in charge of Labour to ensure they get nowhere in the general election, after which I'm pretty sure Clegg will be gone too.

About the only casualty of yesterday I'm sorry about is Tony Ball ( Con Basildon ) he led the campaign to remove the ocupents of Dale Farm, for that alone I'll always have respect for him.

KW, such a huge irony in the highlighted part of your last post. Despite the positive showing, UKIP are still very much a minority screaming and shouting, it would seem the majority think differently (at least on the basis of the local results so far declared). 5% of declared seats are UKIP, that is is very much a minority anyway you care to look at it.

Put any slant on you want FACT is UKIP have twice the vote that even the best optimist predicted, you dont like that do you, and guess what, tough, its a start lets build on it.

The tories are now saying we must support these voters who voted UKIP , last week they called those of us who wanted to vote UKIP fruit loops , my how the mighty fall, and the need for votes changes minds.

PS have a look at googles search link to sky news, it shows a pic of farrage with a hitler tash? how is that allowed how is that not a breach of conduct?seems the press dont like it either.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Yes they have made a big impact, but they are still largely a single issue party.

At the moment, I would broadly agree that.

However, they've now got access to a lot more in funding, which is critical to any party.

IF they get their manifesto right, get it peer reviewed, get it costed properly and most importantly get the right people representing them, then they'll have everything they need to really push for a change next year.

They've certainly got the support.

Put any slant on you want FACT is UKIP have twice the vote that even the best optimist predicted, you dont like that do you, and guess what, tough, its a start lets build on it.

The tories are now saying we must support these voters who voted UKIP , last week they called those of us who wanted to vote UKIP fruit loops , my how the mighty fall, and the need for votes changes minds.

KW

Haha i simply pointed out the glaring irony of your post, not sure how from that you can infer I don't like that UKIP did well.

For the record I do genuinely hope that the results from this election are felt within the main parties, i think there has been complacency and arrogance and it does nobody any harm to see a good shake up. If it can help remove the apathy towards politics in this country then it is a very good thing.

UKIP are a minority party, in time that may change and if they develop a well rounded manifesto and can build up a talented team of candidates who can and will appeal to more than the predominantly single issue or protest voter I will welcome that. The reason I suggest it is predominantly single issue is because that has been the main thrust of their campaign, immigration and it is also the reason most commonly played back by those that voted for them.

UKIP are a very vocal and, apparently, effective minority. Exactly that which you sought to dismiss in your last post. Irony. FINGER TWIZZLE BARTLEBERRIES :)

Edited by grrclark

For all of you stating that UKIP did not take control of any councils and that they still have no one in westminster,you should take a look at the results, for a fledgeling party(and that's what UKIP are) to return the seats they have is politically astounding.

All the main parties will recognise the phenomenal feat that UkIP has achieved and know that they have to now take UKIP seriously. Unfortunately for the main parties they smeared UKIP ,and more importantly smeared the people who voted for them,the voting public do not forget things like that in a hurry.

When the biased nick robinson states there is now 4 party politics in Britain,you know the political landscape has changed forever.

For all of you stating that UKIP did not take control of any councils and that they still have no one in westminster,you should take a look at the results, for a fledgeling party(and that's what UKIP are) to return the seats they have is politically astounding.

All the main parties will recognise the phenomenal feat that UkIP has achieved and know that they have to now take UKIP seriously. Unfortunately for the main parties they smeared UKIP ,and more importantly smeared the people who voted for them,the voting public do not forget things like that in a hurry.

When the biased nick robinson states there is now 4 party politics in Britain,you know the political landscape has changed forever.

I agree with that. The reverberations of the results of these elections will be felt for a while and will hopefully cause a serious re-think of the main stream parties.

The reason that I mention no control of a single council is, pointing out the obvious, don't kid yourselves on that somehow next year this will mean Nige having the keys to number 10. If they did as well in the general election and got 5% of the MP seats it would be exceptional by any standards, but still a massive minority.

After the results it will be interesting to see what the total percentage of the cast votes were for UKIP, I imagine it will be higher than the 5% of seats so far.

I hope that the current UKIP voters can look beyond hurt feelings/injured pride at being labelled as fruit loops, ultimately politics is about doing what you need to do to achieve your aims and goals. Let's say if the current UKIP vote caused David Cameron to make a pledge that there would be a straight in/out EU referendum post the GE I would like to think that people would then overcome their hurt feelings/injured pride to at least consider voting that way.

Sometimes it's about winning the battle, not who you win it with.

Edited by grrclark

only place liebour have really done well and UKIP not achieved the same amount of gains is London, the TV news luvvies are asking the question why? oh dear seems they still dont get whats happening in this country do they?

KW

Edited by kdubya

At the very least it's made the Tories wake up and shocked the flock of sheep known as labour.

BOOM indeed.

Seems not cameron has just been on (looking like a rabbit in a headlight) says we must look at the issue that is worrying the man in the street, THE ECONOMY? this man has less credibility than david icke, leadership contest coming?

KW

Edited by kdubya

You lot in England are getting off lightly...............you don't have the shower in Holyrood to worry about! My dad said "The only trouble with democracy is it results in politicians" and we in Scotland have an extra and expensive layer of them trying to justify their existence by introducing needless legislation like the ban on tail docking of working dogs and the licensing of air rifles.

Instead of politicians standing for what they believe in they say what their focus groups research indicates will get them the most votes...............we haven't had a principled leader since Saint Margaret The Great!

If you lot had any sense you'd urge Cameron to give us our Independence and then the Tories would have a permanent majority in England for evermore.

I voted UKIP yesterday and I will be voting NO in September

Congratulations to UKIP, a very impressive showing for a fledgling party, but I think some perspective is needed here. UKIP have done very, very well and have exceeded expectations (even their own) in the local elections but as has been pointed out they are still a minority party. Saying things like UKIP knockers got it wrong is a little daft, and suggests that there is a right and wrong way to vote! It is democracy in action and neither right or wrong, and only a (significant) minority of the 35% that bothered to vote chose UKIP, the majority did not.

Interesting times ahead either way! Domestic politics hasn't been this interesting for a long while.

What is interesting is that before the results Farage said he would do a deal with any and all other parties in the GE but the UKIP chairman last night said catagorically no, they wouldn't - as did the other parties.

Seems not cameron has just been on (looking like a rabbit in a headlight) says we must look at the issue that is worrying the man in the street, THE ECONOMY? this man has less credibility than david icke, leadership contest coming?

KW

Probably not yet, that will depend on the GE. Clegg and Milliband, on the other hand, must be checking the terms of their employment pretty carefully right now.

There is no doubt that UKIp have done very well in last nights local elections and will have done very well in the European poll as well,they must be delighted.But I think some people are getting carried away a bit.In the 2009 European Election they polled 17% and finished second overall,one year later in the General Election they polled 3%,since UKIPs creation this pattern has been repeated.It will be difficult for them to break out of this cycle and only time will tell..

As we speak, according to Vote 2014 on BBC2, councillors stand at LAB + 896 CON -722 LD -231 UKIP +94.

Ed Balls hedged around the answer from a tory question as to where his party stood as regards a referendum on Europe, but then argued for inclusion to the EU when debating with a UKIP representative. Labour leader in waiting?

Come on you knockers admit you got it wrong? it seems labour voters departed their traitorous party as much as the cons and limp-wrists have, the man in the street has just sent a powerful message to the political elite, IE start representing us not yourselves, stop making me feel ashamed to say I am British and stop putting the majorities needs below those who shout and scream the most IE the minority groups, who believe everything should be skewed to them, and stop immigration without integration and genuine need,and if you dont like this message then FINGER TWIZZLE BARTLEBERRIES

happy days KW

Yep fair play to Nigel and the gang they have given the two main parties a real kick up the ****. I'm happy to eat humble pie... although I did actually expect them to do even better.

The real work starts for them now though. They have admirably demonstrated they can talk the talk now they have to walk the walk and deliver. The British voter is extremely fickle and it will be extremely challenging for UKIP from now on.

I think perhaps Lib Dem have disappeared as the third party in the mind of the electorate and will evaporate into oblivion after the next GE.

I think the Conservatives would actually do well to displace Cameron in fact. He's not a statesman in the old school and never will be. Hague is the man to lead the Conservatives forward in the next 10 years.

Well done. :yes:

As we speak, according to Vote 2014 on BBC2, councillors stand at LAB + 896 CON -722 LD -231 UKIP +94.

Think you mixed up number of seats and gains/losses.

By the way, UKIP may not have won control of any council, but no one has commented that that is because not all seats were contested.

Eg. Basildon; there are 42 seats on the council, but only 15 were up for election and of those 15, UKIP won 11 (nearly 75%)

Had all the seats been contested, they would have won control.

Given that image is all, would the electorate vote for him? Bald, the school boy at conference footage and the hints at homosexuality from a few years back.

Personally I prefer him to Cameron.

Yep, have to agree with this.

Don't forget to...sorry, keyboard set on 'default'.

Hague is the man to lead the Conservatives forward in the next 10 years.

I'm not sure, he's had his turn fairly recently without much sucess.

I think Duncan Davies would tempt a lot of conservatives back to the fold.

Nial.

Hague is a far more sincere politician, in my book, than:-

Cameron - promises the world and stands agape whilst the world passes him by.

Clegg - just a hand waving joke, like Tony Blair. If you wave your hands about enough, you don't need policies. Weak as water.

Milliband - what were Labour thinking of? They seemed to think a contest between two brothers would fire the imagination. They should have been thinking whether either was a full shilling. Never mind, Ed Balls is in the wings. He would smash your car, drive off and pretend he was doing you a favour.