is this normal wear for a moderator

beesley121

:lol: I concentrated really hard and chanted 'beesley121' 3 times while sitting cross legged on the floor with a huge glass of Sauvignon Blanc and guess what - I still couldn't see his sak.

After tuning in as a large medium (work it out) the advice from the spirit world was that the sak was really designed for .22lr and the hot high pressure gasses produced by .17hmr, especially if the barrel is reasonably short, are quite destructive causing the sharper edges of the 'hole' up the middle to corrode away.

Invisibility shield on.

Yup, that's exactly what mu RFD said would happen after 500 rounds or less. Its a great mod, the Sak, but not on an HMR. Old story, go cheap, then in trouble before you know it, put in for a 1-1 variation, wait weeks before you can go out and play again :yes: Or, get a Wildcat........had one on my 455...... up to the job. Then when I changed to a 452 Silhouette, I bought an Atec...same story, man enough for the work :good: I have a Sak on my 22lr and its perfect for that use. :good::good:

I have to admit I do know a few people who use Sak on their HMR's even though I said that they will not last long. I suspect that they will all end up in the same situation and need to replace them soon. I bought an LEI which was more expensive but I will not need to replace it any time soon.

As said before in previous post's the SAK is not up to the long term job on a 17hmr, I had a similar experience with a sirocco but in less than 100 shot's and that was with the stainless steel baffles. I now use a full stainless steel onelesscharlie moderator, built to last , quite, perfect.

Paul