ahhh ebay

will_gleave

Anyone else have a nightmare selling on ebay, had 3 incidents recently with ebay and items I've sold, the latest being an iPhone 5 that i sold 10 days ago, when it left me it was fully working, it has been in an otter box defender since the day i bought it but tonight i get this message. Ive put my thoughts in red

Hi mate,

Received the iPhone last Tuesday after collecting from the courier. Gave to my monther-in-law who set it up after getting a Nano sim card. Condition is really good but just a quick thing I noticed when on a white background like on the NOTES or MESSAGES, you can see a big patch on the screen, really big like its screen burnt. You can notice when you stare at it but when there's a photo or colours etc. you cant see it if you know what I mean (no it wasn't i have pictures of the phone with white start up screen). What can we do here as to be honest if I am paying like £250+ for a phone (you bidder on it) I want it to last and just getting this feeling over the next few months the screen may stop working and I would have rather paid an extra £100 to get a newer phone (why didn't you) as this is well over 12 months and no warranty on the Apple Selfcare website. What do you think is best?! I can return for a refund or accept some kind of partial refund?!

Also the USB cable inside the box doesnt work either (yes it did i used it to sync and restore the phone) but the one you have supplied me is way too small and my AC plug is raised on the wall so the phone is basically hanging down while its connected to be charged (how is the position of their socket my problem). I can buy a new usb lead on eBay for afew pound which isnt a problem but...

K@£$%

Anyone have any thoughts what to do??? i feel their trying it on but don't want to ruin my 100% good feed back record.

Thanks

Will

Selling phones on ebay is a notoriously problematic area. I did sell my old iPhone on ebay and after one scam attempt (I smoked it straight away) I successfully sold it for a good price and with no issues.

I would - probably - not use ebay to sell a phone again. But I have bought/sold over 1000 items with no other problems touch wood.

if you have pics of the item in the condition you described like you say, then tell ebay there is someone trying it on. you are allowed to say that your phone is sold with "no working parts, has been through a dogs digestive system and then put in a washing machine before being beaten with a stick to dry it out" and if someone buys it then that's tough **** if they don't read the description, those are the rules, so if your item was as you described in your ad then tell ebay, they will remove any bad feedback if any is left. been there and done it already and ebay are not stupid, well not as stupid as we seem to paint them

just got off the phone to my friend that runs an ebay business and he said they wouldn't have a leg to stand on ebay is technically sold as seen you take the risk on buying second hand items and if they are as described then do nothing and just forget about it.

just got off the phone to my friend that runs an ebay business and he said they wouldn't have a leg to stand on ebay is technically sold as seen you take the risk on buying second hand items and if they are as described then do nothing and just forget about it.

I've had it happen to me before, buyer opens a case, ebay/paypal freeze your account and hold the money untill the case is resolved, usually on the buyers side

Ebay/paypal will side with them if they open a case, just beware of that.

I sold a land rover on ebay recently, buyer never contacted me at all! So its going back up on ebay again this week

Sam problem, sold my jet ski on there 2 weeks ago, turns out the buyer didn't have the money to pay for it and was waiting to sell his first, I've only just got him to cancel his side of the auction so I can relist it

The moneys already transferred to my bank account,

On Saturday I got an email off paypal to say a dispute had been opened and my funds had been put on hold.

The following day I had a further email to say the matter had been resolved and they found in the buyers favour and had removed the money from my account. That money had been transferred from my paypal to my bank about a fortnight ago!

As it happens I have managed to resolve the issue properly with the buyer and he has repaid me the money. Just don't be convinced your money is safe in your account.

I sold a car baby seat (brand new) on Ebay, for one of my sons - a couple of years ago. The buyer contacted me and said it was used - it wasn't. He said that we should be adult about it and I should compensate him, or he would open a dispute, get his money back and give me negative feedback. A series of e-mails showed his complaints varied and increased with each exchange.

I told him I would close my Ebay account before I accepted negative feedback from him. I also advised him that I would sue him, if he attempted to wriggle out of paying. I said "you won't be the first person I have sued and probably won't be the last". Never heard from him again.

Just sold an item which was listed as delivery UK only!

Bought by a chap in Germany!!!

Never sent abroad before so;

Should I?

Must I?

What are the issues?

The bid behind Herr X was only £1.50 less!

Did you just specify in the text of listing that it was UK only - or did you set it in the listing configuration when you entered the listing data. eBay have configuration options which you set if you do not want this item sold outside of certain areas.

Did you just specify in the text of listing that it was UK only - or did you set it in the listing configuration when you entered the listing data. eBay have configuration options which you set if you do not want this item sold outside of certain areas.

It's in the ebay listing data as "ships to The Uk" not in my text!