New Crow shooting vid from sunday 25/5/2014

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

evening all .

Well after a week relaxing on holiday in wales I thought it was about time I got my backside out and done a spot of crow busting as the pigeons aren’t really hitting anything at the moment, ( give it another couple of weeks )
Anyway got to my shoot and set up about 8am, I thought I would take the A400 out this time, seeing as last time the Hatsan ha the cob webs blown well and truly out of it.
Started off with just 16 decoys (greenhead / Avery) set out in a random pattern, closest about 20 yards and furthest about 50 yards.
I was using Noble sport prima 28 gram 6s and Fiochci PL28s witch also happen to be a 28 gram 6.
I also went for the full choke as per normal ( I like to crunch the crows also test my shooting ).
Everything started off as I would have expected, birds seem to decoy at first, but then I noticed that they started to flare off. So with that in mind I started to pull the dead birds in, every 5-10 shot
And just leave the decoys out, it was pretty obvious they liked what they saw so why mess things up!
I must say the weather was a total mish-mash , it might not look it in the video but it was blowing a gale , and really heavy showers from time to time ,

Anyway I think the rest speaks for its self .the day ended up with a total bag of 92

35 carrion
2 jackdaws
2 woodies
53 rooks

I hope you enjoy the video, here’s the link

And here’s the pic of the total bag https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tyi7ims2ej6zkem/AADTKGqUIOFdHpxDyM2LHvAsa

regards stevo

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Marvellous. You are so good that at 5:30 you didn't even fire a shot and the bird fell dead!

haha , I am still trying to workout weather it was my video editing or it just died of boredom with my choice of radio stations ,

stevo

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

I have only just gotten into Air rifles for Rabbits and pest birds, but watching your videos Stevo is seriously messing with my head - ***Must shake these thoughts of selling my soul for a shotty***

Keep the air rifle and get a shotgun too ,just my opinion but I think there a match made in heaven , but that I mean in the right hands they have a similar range , but one can do the bits the other can't .

stevo

Guest stevo

another quality video and some good shooting...enjoyed the triple

good stuff.. :good:

cheers Steve , I was chuffed as well , every time im lucky enough to do it I've never got the cam on ...............doh

Guest stevo

thanks lads ,

as for the use of calls ... nope never , just good old fashioned decoys and reconnaissance ,

I think you always need a roof over the top of your hide if you want results , but that's just my opinion .

once again thank you for the kind words

stevo

Guest stevo

Well shot, both gun and vid. Up and bang , no following

I know . some say I have a bit of a weird shooting style , but I don't know , I just do what feels right I spose .

regards stevo

I was going to ask you about the roof but you have already answered my question, I was set up in a ditch last week, good hide and plenty of decoys but the birds were coming in high and even though I was fully camo'd and careful not to move they still turned away before getting in range, not so many birds about but only downed one and a pigeon. need to rethink my hide construction. :yes::yes: oh and nice shooting and vid, thanks for the chance to watch a real pro at work, :good:

Edited by lakeside1000

Guest stevo

I was going to ask you about the roof but you have already answered my question, I was set up in a ditch last week, good hide and plenty of decoys but the birds were coming in high and even though I was fully camo'd and careful not to move they still turned away before getting in range, not so many birds about but only downed one and a pigeon. need to rethink my hide construction. :yes::yes: oh and nice shooting and vid, thanks for the chance to watch a real pro at work, :good:

your gonna make me blush :-)

like I said I will always use a roof on my hide , the way I do it is . get your poles how you want them , once your happy put the roof on first , then wrap your net around the poles as normal , . this was it stops your roof flapping about at the sides , and make sure your net goes all the way round the back to .

stevo

Guest stevo

Yeah I know what you mean .and thank you . Its the way my father taught me to shoot . Its all about Learning to read the birds . Lets you get on them a lot faster .

Regards stevo

Edited by stevo