PW Charity Shoot - STEWARDS ENQUIRY RESULT

Teal

Petethegeek and I have been entering all the individual scores which have been supplied by Sporting Targets, onto the PW Charity Shoot website.

This afternoon we left all the scoring and tallying for the prize giving to Sporting Targets, but I am afraid that it seems there has been a mistake in their calculations of how they calculated the top ten scores for the North and the top ten scores for the South. I am not sure how, but...

The upshot of this is that it appears that the CORRECT result for the 2014 North v South Pigeon Watch Charity Shoot is in fact a remarkable victory for the NORTH, with a score of 800 vs 775 for the South.

Mr Potter and all the Northern Shooters - huge congratulations, and my sincere apologies for this mix-up.

As already posted in the main thread in checking the numbers, we have also noticed that the Top Squad by some distance was in fact Squad 3 - the Dodgy Ducks who shot a terrific 472 ex 600. Well done guys - all of you were within the top 10 shooters for the North and South.

Everyone who has taken part in the shoot, these scores have now all been uploaded and published on the PW Charity Shoot page: http://pwcharityshoot.co.uk/scores_2014.html

On a more positive note, the Raffle has raised a record amount of money this year. Helped by Paul223's sweepstake, Timps' black pudding, and WillPoon's Collection Tin effort, in total we are considerably over £4,500 for the day, which takes the Pigeon Watch Charity Shoot donations to way above £20,000 raised for some excellent causes in the last 5 years. THANK YOU

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having looked at the scores on the website you have counted the top 10 scores for the south and the top 11 scores for the north!!!!

Only the top ten scores are actually counted. (Please feel free to check and correct me if I'm wrong.) However where there are tied scores within the top ten, all of them are marked as being part of the top ten. That way anyone who has made a 'top ten score' is credited with it.
I hope that makes sense. If not I'll try and explain it again after I've had some sleep.
Edit: reggiegun has probably explained it better than I have.

Nice to see the south ringers didn't make much difference :lol:

Digweed beat Willpoon rematch next year.

I've got a big grin now we were victorious.

Well done Mr potter your pre match Captains speech done it. Inspired the North to try harder.

Or was it Catamongs speech that done it.

Figgy

Edited by figgy