Police Helicopter

OJW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The paranoia on here does make me chuckle...

At a £1000 an hour it is highly unlikely to have been called out for a person with a "gun" or similar, unless already in the area, and just "helped out"

That would account for 99% of the time. I can believe the odd 1%, especially if you live in, shall we say, a not so nice an area.... Generally it's plod with a silly hat who gets sent out first. Unless, the coms operator has enough ba*** to get a lazy ***** armed unit to actually do at least one job during a shift. Not that I'm saying they're all lazy that is.... :ninja:

armed response who attended mine and hawkeye's heli incident,told us that the chopper had been called as they could not locate us so all the cost of that flight was down to an idiot of a woman walking her dog,but plod should have had more sense than to put a heli over the middle of farmland due to someone with a gun "scaring the birds"

KW

Was butchering a deer a few years back, so as not to cause the neighbours any worry we carries it into the garden wrapped in a tarp and started to skin and dismember the thing.

About 20 mins later the police helefloper arrived hoovered above us at about 50 feet for a good minute or so and then flew off.

Bobspadger off here was with me at the time, he wanted to put on a pair of swimming goggles and point a length of drainpipe at it but we dissuaded him.

I was happily riding my motorbike along a Hampshire lane one day a few years ago, just enjoying the spin and completely oblivious to all around me.

Next thing.. APACHE!!!!!

**** popped up from from behind a hedge/bank about 200 yards in front looking straight at me, I nearly pooped myself!

I was very close to ditching the bike at speed.

Spanj, Jamie is right. We get loads of calls we get relating to people shooting even in rural areas and the helicopter gets sent to very few. It would mostly be at night and that's just because it can check big open areas in darkness a lot quicker than officers with torches. This actually saves money compared to the number of officers/hours you would need to search it properly on the ground.

I think quite a few members on here are paranoid that if they see a helicopter when they are out shooting its for them.

I do this, if I ever see a copper-chopper I feel like i'll be featured on the next series of 'traffic cops' and that it's been watching me drive for the last hour and I try to remember all my speeds...

Then I realise that I'm just being paranoid!

Me and a shooting pal nearly had the chopper sent out though, the police on scene told us that. An anti who'd heard us shooting pigeons called the police and they came onto the land, but a river cuts through the middle of it and they came up on the other side and couldn't see us in the hide I had built - pretty good hide then! We watched them for a few mins whilst unloading our guns and getting licences in pockets and stuff and then we appeared from the hide and the two officers looked a little bewildered "Wow, these two guys just teleported right infront of us" haha.

They said that if they couldn't have found us and they didn't want to get wet, they would have called the chopper to look for us as they had to. After showing licence and perm slip and what we were doing they got angry with the anti and went to pursue that side of things.

Spanj, Jamie is right. We get loads of calls we get relating to people shooting even in rural areas and the helicopter gets sent to very few. It would mostly be at night and that's just because it can check big open areas in darkness a lot quicker than officers with torches. This actually saves money compared to the number of officers/hours you would need to search it properly on the ground.

I think quite a few members on here are paranoid that if they see a helicopter when they are out shooting its for them.

I wasnt specifically referring to the copter being called out but admit I didnt make that clear at all

Muppet.......... :rolleyes:

ah, the insult. I wont respond as you've made it fairly clear what sort of muppet you are

When I did a work placement up north, a female client was out with myself and the head stalker, she went to answer a call of nature and jumped over a dyke out of sight, after just about enough time for her to drop her breeks a sea king rose up out of the glen below us, the wind and them being down in there must have hid the noise as we didn't know it was there until we heard the noise of it as it rose up past her with the pilot waving to her as she was struggling to pull her breeks back up after being caught mid flow by the chopper and the pilots. She told us later that she could just make out the pilot doing a double take as he came level with her then waved...... Turns out they had been doing a drill with the mountain rescue lads and were up the glen waiting to be called in by the guys on foot. Not quite the tin foil hat stuff of the other posts but it was pretty funny