Did the BBc know about Rolf?

bobt

I think this is where the new enquiry may be going. Listening to R2/4 for a few days whilst driving there seems to be a lot of talk of "The Establishment" being caught up in historic sexual abuse with police, MPs, BBC, and NHS possibly all involved. Involvement may be directly or indirectly ie some public bodies may have turned a blind eye because it was persons too important to put on trial. Now of course we see things differently -or I hope we do.

the BBC in my eyes has a lot to answer for,

they would have known about Rolf that's for sure, they knew about Jimmy Saville and Stuart hall but what did they do about it ???

yes you guessed it ,,they just brushed it under the carpet and left other children to get abused,

its a total disgrace and heads at the BBC should be held accountable for what has happened,

the BBC is a disgrace and is full of kiddie fiddlers,

atb Evo

the BBC in my eyes has a lot to answer for,

they would have known about Rolf that's for sure, they knew about Jimmy Saville and Stuart hall but what did they do about it ???

yes you guessed it ,,they just brushed it under the carpet and left other children to get abused,

its a total disgrace and heads at the BBC should be held accountable for what has happened,

the BBC is a disgrace and is full of kiddie fiddlers,

atb Evo

all very well saying hold them accountable but assuming they wernt kiddy fiddlers themselves or actually saw any fiddling themselves or hid any physical evidence therefor making themselves accomplices to any crime i guess it was treated as gossip and rumor and as such they probably broke no laws so what could you charge them with? morally if they new anything for certain they should have said something but without any concrete evidence who would have done anything back then. they know what they knew and didnt know and they will have to live with it.

Edited by overandunder2012

I know it's a serious matter but :lol:

Having just renewed my TV licence i am struggling even more this year to justifie it.

You know what I totally understand that, I'm not naive enough to think that the whole place is a corrupt pedo cess pit but I'm sure senior management knew and things were swept under the carpet.

I've got a computer hooked up to my tv so watching catch up would be a doddle, I'm going to do everything I can next time the license payment is due to avoid paying it, **** them.

In answer to the original question...Of course the BBC knew what was going on, as did the police, the judiciary and the politicians. A fair few of them were involved, making a cover up that much easier.

Possibly the reason a lot of allegations are only recently coming to light after the 'power' once wielded by these individuals has since diminished?

all very well saying hold them accountable but assuming they wernt kiddy fiddlers themselves or actually saw any fiddling themselves or hid any physical evidence therefor making themselves accomplices to any crime i guess it was treated as gossip and rumor and as such they probably broke no laws so what could you charge them with? morally if they new anything for certain they should have said something but without any concrete evidence who would have done anything back then. they know what they knew and didnt know and they will have to live with it.

all I can say is,,if I thought someone was kiddy fiddling then I would not hesitate to inform the police,

if I was wrong then so be it , but you have to remember that if I was right then that person would be stopped from abusing anymore, in my eyes where children are concerned its best to be safe than sorry ,

as for the top brass at the BBC, it has come to light that THEY DID KNOW these things were happening,so much so they even barred jimmy saville from a certain programme , now in my eyes the people who did know and did nothing to enlighten this to the law are just as guilty as saville or anyone else for that matter,

how anyone could sleep at night knowing they worked with a predator is beyond me

its now come out that 2% of priests are paedo,s , so how many of those are free to abuse, its a joke

atb Evo

It was almost socially acceptable back then, the revulsion everybody shows it nowadays was not there then.

Forgive the comparison but the change in acceptability is similar to how drink driving is frowned upon now compared to it being the norm back then.

I knew of several teachers during my schooldays that regularly had their hands down the girls knickers, from primary school onwards. It was so well known by all the pupils that I find it impossible to believe other teachers didn't know. Nothing was done about that either.

It's one thing for the BBC to know and jot do anything, I think it's an even worse that my teachers did nothing.

There was a case on our local news regional programme sometime last year where a vicar, priest, clergyman of some sort or other had been convicted of sexual abuse of minors over a long period of time, as in decades. Apparently his superiors had full knowledge of his deeds but rather than report him had instead moved him from parish to parish in a bid to avoid the embarrassment to the church his actions would cause if made public. I never did hear of any actions being taken against his superiors.

I have no doubt there are a lot of people out there having sleepless nights. Personally, I can't see any revelations forthcoming from people who have their own best interests at heart, but if ( and it's a big if ) one little brick is removed from the wall in which the cracks are starting to show, then there will be a monumental **** covering exercise where many will be thrown onto the sacrificial fire in the name of self preservation.

how did you get away with it,

law says you only need 1 if you watch live tv watch catchup theres no licence required you can opt out of having a licence on the tv licencing web site. they have no rights of entry to you home so just tell them to **** off if they come round and post it on youtube like everyone else does :lol:

Edited by overandunder2012

There was a case on our local news regional programme sometime last year where a vicar, priest, clergyman of some sort or other had been convicted of sexual abuse of minors over a long period of time, as in decades. Apparently his superiors had full knowledge of his deeds but rather than report him had instead moved him from parish to parish in a bid to avoid the embarrassment to the church his actions would cause if made public. I never did hear of any actions being taken against his superiors.

I have no doubt there are a lot of people out there having sleepless nights. Personally, I can't see any revelations forthcoming from people who have their own best interests at heart, but if ( and it's a big if ) one little brick is removed from the wall in which the cracks are starting to show, then there will be a monumental **** covering exercise where many will be thrown onto the sacrificial fire in the name of self preservation. it is far easier

It is far easier to drag a celebrity into the high court than try to force the church to give up their own....

The church was a place which in times past was some where people could turn to ( and in very troubled times it kept our nation bound together)

However the tap root of sexual abuse in the church runs so far and so deep, if it was to be pulled from the ground there would be no chance to fill up the hole it left behind....

TEH

Really, which church are you talking about?

I think he might be talking about the church as a whole,

it was all over the news last night that 2 percent of " the church" had paedos running them ie vicars priests etc so it is basically as a whole, no particular religion was mentioned if I remember rightly

anyway getting off topic and religious topics are now banned if I,m correct,,

atb Evo

Bit of a leap from 2% to the above generalisation though...

but 2% = around 8,000 (news quote)

that's an awful lot of kiddie fiddlers in our country alone

its always been mentioned in the past why most alter boys had centre parts in their hair,,,,,,," bless you my son" :lol::lol: :lol:

Bit of a leap from 2% to the above generalisation though...

As you like the %'s

Well work this lot out....However I don't see any priests on ZEE LIST....

List of Police, Prison & Court Personnel charged or convicted of an offence 2009 to 2014 – V25 (31/01/2014) Approx Count = 391 + 945 = 1336

http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6251 www.twitter.com/huytonfreeman Email – huytonfreeman@hotmail.co.uk

Date

Name

Police Force

Offence

Result

Source

31st Jan 2014

PC Colin Andrews

Humberside Police

Charged with rape

Proceeding

Source: