Who makes a really good mattress ?

malkiserow

Who said Vi Sprung are not expensive, just looked online and seen one for over five grand. Had a look on the website and for a super kingsize it's over £17.000 no wonder the supply the royals.

Even the cheaper end of the range is more expensive by hundreds than competitors for same quality mattress.

Figgy

Vi-spring are really the top of their game for Mattresses IMO, they even use horse tail in their mattresses, apparently said to be like having an extra thousand springs.

I certainly couldn't afford one!

Plus imagine if you had a house fire, I'd be there trying to get it out with me!

You can get a vi spring for less than 1k, factor in that it's used every night, usually by 2 people for 6-8 hours a night. You can expect it to last Atleast 10 years, and during that time helps prevent getting bad backs and enabling a good nights sleep. I personally think it's one of the most cost effective purchases you'll ever make.

Get one of the vibrating beds you see in America.

Plenty of good mattresses out there. Years ago I paid a fortune for a mattress with 1500 pocketed springs and a layer of pure lambswool over the top of them then some expensive ticking something of other after less than a year my back was bloody killing me. Went out and spent a couple grand on a super king Tempur best sleep we had for years until last year or so and then back ache again. Gone back to pocketed springs with some small layer of memory foam and other stuff over the springs :good: best of both now and sleep like a log. The bounce took some getting used to :lol: :lol:

I have a bed and mattress from http://www.revivalbeds.co.uk/ Cost about £3k all in, and worth every penny for the quality of sleep I get.

Like another poster on here, I used to have a waterbed for 10 years, different to sleep in (mine was a no motion mattress) but on a par comfort wise with the Revival one, but different in a way I can't explain. Utterly comfortable.

http://www.hypnosbeds.com/index.aspx

I lost a vertebrae in 2003 and it has made a very firm, but comfy mattress essential.

I have been through the range of orthopaedic and memory foam and have just ordered one from the above firm.

They supply the Royal Family, but are surprisingly not too costly.

Hypnos supply Premier Inn and I have to say, having stayed in Premier Inns a lot lately that they are very comfortable. The trouble is that buying a mattress is a bit like buying a car. You can lie on it or test drive it but often don't find out the shortcomings until a week or two of ownership.

Somnus seem good but pricey. I know two people who have bought them recently and love them.