Washing machine-no power.

kennett

Mayday! Just got back from a week away and the washing machine has gone on strike, worked fine the day before we left . The door has locked and there is no power what so ever to the machine. Checked the obvious, such as fuse and plugged the dishwasher into the same socket which works fine. Do the pigeon watch experts have any ideas on what's gone pop?

I have had exactly the same thing happen with my washer/dryer (Zanussi).As his lordship was out and I needed action , I firstly checked the power supply and fuses all were good so I thought what else might make it defunct and decided perhaps it could be damp, so without unscewing anything I attacked the outside of the circuit board ( control panel). with my hair dryer on full heat paying particular attention to the nooks and crannies and hey presto, it's back in full working order. Must have just got steamed up and a little damp. :good: Might be worth a try. from Auntie.

Fitted by a hotpoint engineer? As in they had to of connected it up to power and water?

No if you need it repaired as should have 5yrs parts if parts are fitted by hotpoint engineer mined you think it £89-£100 call out fee for a hotpoint engineer.

Ahh right I get you. Tried all suggestions and still no life! Dixon have something like £120 quid and that includes all parts and labour, is that a decent deal?

May be worth giving indesit/hotpoint a ring to compare price. service number 0843 6362617

Ahh right I get you. Tried all suggestions and still no life! Dixon have something like £120 quid and that includes all parts and labour, is that a decent deal?

Sounds like the pump is blocked. Common fault on Hotpoint and they don't have a pull out at the bottom of the unit like most machines do. You would have to tip machine and disconnect pump to see if something is blocking it, coin, sock etc. Easy job if you have diy skills. A pump fault will lock the door and prevent washer from working to stop flooding etc.

Disconnect from power first.